This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. YR: Less than 386 Pokemon are in the Galar Dex

User Info: Lizuka

Lizuka
4 weeks ago#71
BalloonBattle05 posted...
Ubergeneral3 posted...
This won't happen because of the number of already confirmed pokemon but if it did, the game would still be fine. As long as the number of completly new pokemon was high, like more than 100.

didn't they confirm only around 250 pokemon as of now?

The current confirmed total is 272. We've only actually seen about 20 new additions though, counting Galar forms, so I'd say 350 is probably about the bare minimum at the moment, though we'll see.

User Info: Ryuseii

Ryuseii
4 weeks ago#72
I'd only accept it if every single pokemon was new, so we'd have a ton of them to use in Showdown
Ryuseii FC:1891-1944-5575

User Info: kingpin66636

kingpin66636
4 weeks ago#73
I doubt I could even find that many that don't look absolutely stupid anyway.
I am not but my shadow, though my shadow be not shadow, but myself. The fool
$500 - $400 = $200 - Quincy2000a (also cries to the mods)

User Info: Sinnael

Sinnael
4 weeks ago#74
Unless a sizable portion of them are gen 8 pokemon (not forms) and they compensated with a lot of other in game content, like story and post game, my reaction wouldn't be positive.
3DS Friend Code: 0146-9968-9699

User Info: IraValentine

IraValentine
2 weeks ago#75
jamie0003 posted...
You have never had to catch all 700+ Pokémon. Only the ones available in game to get the egg/shiny charm/certificate

This is false up until Generation 7. You had to have every Pokémon registered in the National Pokédex (except for Mythical Pokémon) in Generation 5 and X/Y in order to obtain the Shiny Charm, and all Diplomas in those games.

It was only as of Generation 7 that you didn't have to complete the National Pokédex to obtain the Shiny Charm and Diploma, because it was replaced by the AlolaDex.

To answer the question, 386 is a good number as long as at least half of the Pokémon are new.
Do it for yo' cousin Garchomp!

User Info: Dumb-Fumbler

Dumb-Fumbler
2 weeks ago#76
Lizuka posted...
The current confirmed total is 272. We've only actually seen about 20 new additions though, counting Galar forms, so I'd say 350 is probably about the bare minimum at the moment, though we'll see.
They’ve also shown very little routes so probably a good chunk are there.

theyve only shown in battle and in Wild Area for the most part.
Icicle Crash + Heat Crash = Waterfall

User Info: PkmTrainerAbram

PkmTrainerAbram
2 weeks ago#77
Lol, that dude is arguing about this all on the first page.

My reaction, no buy. I mean, why.
3DS Friend Code:0044 4173 2062
IGN: Is Abram/Abe.....Friend Safari: Steel - Klang/Magneton/Klefki Gen 6 TSV: 1607 GEN 7 TSV: 3556

User Info: monkyby87

monkyby87
2 weeks ago#78
Considering 7/8 of the Pokémon are crap, as long as the ones they included were the good ones then I wouldn’t care.
3DS FC: 5344-0417-6988
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. YR: Less than 386 Pokemon are in the Galar Dex
  • Topic Archived