• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. YR: Less than 386 Pokemon are in the Galar Dex

User Info: BalloonBattle05

BalloonBattle05
4 weeks ago#1
Meaning that this game has less Pokemon than Colosseum and XD

Does this affect your impression of this game?
If locking online play behind a paywall with irrelevant games is a service then bricking your phone and not removing the brick without a fee is also a service.

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
4 weeks ago#2
That kinda depends on context. Colosseum and XD had theoretical dexes of 386 Pokemon, but far fewer than that number were obtainable directly; absolutely no first-gen Pokemon were obtainable in Colosseum, for instance, and the only first-gen Pokemon that even appeared were those also found in Hoenn (XD did have a number of non-Hoenn first-gen Shadow Pokemon though.)

I'm not trying to justify the reduced Pokedex in this game (I think it's dumb), just giving context to your statement.
Creator of Jay's Journey, including Jay's Journey Reimagined/Jay's Journey 2: Worlds Apart!
https://jaysjourney2016.wordpress.com/

BalloonBattle05
4 weeks ago#3
jayman7 posted...
That kinda depends on context. Colosseum and XD had theoretical dexes of 386 Pokemon, but far fewer than that number were obtainable directly; absolutely no first-gen Pokemon were obtainable in Colosseum, for instance, and the only first-gen Pokemon that even appeared were those also found in Hoenn (XD did have a number of non-Hoenn first-gen Shadow Pokemon though.)

I'm not trying to justify the reduced Pokedex in this game (I think it's dumb), just giving context to your statement.

They could trade with gba to catch em all unlike sword and shield though
If locking online play behind a paywall with irrelevant games is a service then bricking your phone and not removing the brick without a fee is also a service.

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
4 weeks ago#4
Expected/10
PC | PS4 | Vita | PS3 | PSP | PS2 | PS1 | NS | Wii U | 3DS | Wii | DS | GCN + GBP | GBA | GBC | SNES | GB | NES | 360 | Xbox One

User Info: TMOG

TMOG
4 weeks ago#5
Which 386?

BalloonBattle05
4 weeks ago#6
TMOG posted...
Which 386?

Pick as many as you like

User Info: AlfredoJones

AlfredoJones
4 weeks ago#7
Well that will make it easy to fill the regional Dex. Might actually try to complete it for once.
You can't fool me, 'cause I'm a moron!
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2960-9608-3596

User Info: Sword_of_Dusk

Sword_of_Dusk
4 weeks ago#8
As long as half of that were new mons, I wouldn't mind.
The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over.

User Info: JustinTheJagged

JustinTheJagged
4 weeks ago#9
"I just saved 60 bucks"

User Info: TG_Wolf

TG_Wolf
4 weeks ago#10
Good.

Less than 400 is a good manageable amount.
[Furry and Proud of it ^_^] AUTMAFRWGTDTBT
Official: Wolf of Everything, Madara Uchiha, Muu of UNSR/4, Saberwulf of KI and Cyber Smoke of the MKXL.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. YR: Less than 386 Pokemon are in the Galar Dex
  • Topic Archived