• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Game Freak Explains Everything About Sobble

User Info: Persona5

Persona5
1 week ago#21
Moongeist posted...
Dumb-Fumbler posted...
Moongeist posted...
So I wonder what they'll discuss next, so far they've done a feature every (week)day, I wonder if they'll keep that up and we'll start to get actual news
inb4 Zacian topic.

"Gamefreak explains everything about Zacian"
"What type is Zacian?"
"We can't say"
"What is Zacian's role in the story?"
"No comment"
"Who should pick Zacian?"
"People who like swords"

LOL

User Info: BubblyPopplio

BubblyPopplio
1 week ago#22
Finally got around to watching it. So if Sobble is in the water, it will always be invisible or transparent? Or can Sobble change its form so its trainer can see it without having to worry that it swam off?

User Info: Cheeze_E_Breath

Cheeze_E_Breath
1 week ago#23
BubblyPopplio posted...
Finally got around to watching it. So if Sobble is in the water, it will always be invisible or transparent? Or can Sobble change its form so its trainer can see it without having to worry that it swam off?

Based on what we know, I think it's implied that Sobble stays camouflaged in water until it pops out of the water. Though it's yet to be seen if Sobble does reveal itself if it's in water. I imagine it can, especially if a trainer is swimming underwater with it.

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
1 week ago#24
Cheeze_E_Breath posted...
BubblyPopplio posted...

Based on what we know, I think it's implied that Sobble stays camouflaged in water until it pops out of the water. Though it's yet to be seen if Sobble does reveal itself if it's in water. I imagine it can, especially if a trainer is swimming underwater with it.

I dunno, it sounds chemical, I don't think it can turn it off
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /

User Info: MewistloveMew

MewistloveMew
1 week ago#25
Game freak didn't explain everything about Sobble. That's in-game universe device known as the National Pokédex job to do.

User Info: Galar

Galar
1 week ago#26
Crudelitas posted...
Galar posted...
I wonder what their connecting theme will be... Royalty? Knights? Stardom?

It kinda looks like we might get a soccer player/athlete, a musician/rock star and a spy.

Seems like the overarcing theme is "phat paychecks".

Stardom or celebrities or similar would fit that as well, I think this has a good possibility, it would also fit into the region that's all about battling and has these celebrities like Leon and Charizard.

"Phat paychecks" is a good way to put it too though. ;)

Andrex_93 posted...
jw91 posted...
-The starters in this game were designed to have contrasting personalities, so they encourage players to really think about their starter choice, as they all act differently.

I mean, I guess so, even though, to me, Grookey and Scorbunny don’t seem too different: they’re both energetic, even though their focus is different.

Yea, Scorbunny and Grookey aren't so different. Masuda says this is the first time the starters are so different, but if he's talking about the first stages that's not true at all. I think the Kalos and Alola starter first stages had a much wider variety in personality.
"Maybe people who are sad can choose Sobble. (Laughs)" - Junichi Masuda

User Info: Rad_Dudesman

Rad_Dudesman
1 week ago#27
Scorbunny and Grookey are different though

Scorbunny is like a rambunctious and energetic kid, while Grookey is the moodmaker, the "life of the party"
Nintendo Network ID: raddudesman

User Info: Galar

Galar
1 week ago#28
Rad_Dudesman posted...

Scorbunny is like a rambunctious and energetic kid, while Grookey is the moodmaker, the "life of the party"

Yes, they are different, but not as different as previous starters imo. You could describe them both with the words "happy" or "cheerful". The same words would describe Chespin and Popplio very well, but I think it's harder to find a common trait between Litten/Rowlet or Froakie/Fennekin.
"Maybe people who are sad can choose Sobble. (Laughs)" - Junichi Masuda

User Info: BubblyPopplio

BubblyPopplio
1 week ago#29
Moongeist posted...
BubblyPopplio posted...

That would be inconvenient for those who want to swim with it or if it's raining. One would think Sobble is lost or ran/swam away.

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
1 week ago#30
Rad_Dudesman posted...

I don't think energetic and life of the party are too far off, certainly less so than sad, is the point.

Galar posted...
Yea, Scorbunny and Grookey aren't so different. Masuda says this is the first time the starters are so different, but if he's talking about the first stages that's not true at all. I think the Kalos and Alola starter first stages had a much wider variety in personality.

Yeah; idk if I agree with Kalos so much, but Alola definitely.

The Evolutions might very well tie into it, indeed.

BubblyPopplio posted...
Moongeist posted...
BubblyPopplio posted...

That would be inconvenient for those who want to swim with it or if it's raining. One would think Sobble is lost or ran/swam away.

I mean, it's their Pokémon so they'd know that it turns invisible and wouldn't just run away.. Now, I imagine it is quite bothersome for it to swim with others of its species, but it surely doesn't just use sight to navigate the water, so.

With Vaporeon, they make it sound like its a choice, a hunting tactic, but, with Sobble, it does seem like it's automatic, but it very well could not be (and you can bet the anime likely won't make it so).
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Game Freak Explains Everything About Sobble
  • Topic Archived