• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Remember when Galar ponyta was missing a tail?

User Info: Dumb-Fumbler

Dumb-Fumbler
1 week ago#61
@Gurl_du_Voir where are you? Your threads are better than this trash please do us some service even if annoyingly gimmicky and give us better quality than whatever the OP is attempting to dish out.
Icicle Crash + Heat Crash = Waterfall

User Info: Anazel

Anazel
1 week ago#62
Maybe the gender difference theory is still correct, and G!Ponyta has a 75%/25% gender ratio and we haven't seen that small ratio on the trailer. It's a stretch but who knows.

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
1 week ago#63
They are marketing the one with a tail because why the f*** would they market the less fluffy version.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman

User Info: LordDiscord

LordDiscord
1 week ago#64
Desparae posted...
LordDiscord posted...
Desparae posted...
It’s crazy that ponyta doesn’t even evolve in these games. GF is so incompetent that they can’t even make proper evolutions anymore

? Please tell me this is a joke. Just because we did not see Rapidash, does not mean, Galarian Ponyta cannot evolve. Otherwise going by that logic, that would mean Sirfetch'd is his own pokemon in Pokemon Sword and does not evolve from Farfetch'd, or Galarian Weezing does not evolve from Koffing, ect.

Rapidash was not revealed so Ponyta obviously doesn’t evolve. Just like how gender differences were not revealed, so they don’t exist. It’s pretty sad that you have to defend GF for everything despite how incompetent they are.

Koffing wasn't shown when they revealed Galarian Weezing, guess Weezing is his own mon now and not an evolution based on your logic. Or Sirfetch'd was shown without Farfetch'd, guess he is his own mon, too. There could easily be reasons why they did not show Rapidash, and it could be they are saving its reveal as it may tie back into something else, or it could have a regional evolution, you could be right about it not evolving into "Rapidash'' but wrong about it evolving at all. Maybe it will have an entirely new evolution, or maybe it will get the Galarian Zigzagoon treatment and Rapidash will evolve. Don't just assume. Also close to the end of the live stream, we saw a shadow that clearly looked like Rapidash and even heard Rapidash's cry, I am more convinced it exist and Ponyta can evolve than I am it's not. Also, Ponyta becoming a ''regional'' variant does not mean GF would just get rid of an entire evolution, they did not do it for any "Alolan'' variants, why would they do it for Galarian variants? Take off your hate tinted glasses for 5 seconds and actually think, use that noggin of yours.
What fun is there in making sense?

User Info: Hbthebattle

Hbthebattle
1 week ago#65
LordDiscord posted...
Desparae posted...
LordDiscord posted...
Desparae posted...
It’s crazy that ponyta doesn’t even evolve in these games. GF is so incompetent that they can’t even make proper evolutions anymore

? Please tell me this is a joke. Just because we did not see Rapidash, does not mean, Galarian Ponyta cannot evolve. Otherwise going by that logic, that would mean Sirfetch'd is his own pokemon in Pokemon Sword and does not evolve from Farfetch'd, or Galarian Weezing does not evolve from Koffing, ect.

Rapidash was not revealed so Ponyta obviously doesn’t evolve. Just like how gender differences were not revealed, so they don’t exist. It’s pretty sad that you have to defend GF for everything despite how incompetent they are.

Koffing wasn't shown when they revealed Galarian Weezing, guess Weezing is his own mon now and not an evolution based on your logic. Or Sirfetch'd was shown without Farfetch'd, guess he is his own mon, too. There could easily be reasons why they did not show Rapidash, and it could be they are saving its reveal as it may tie back into something else, or it could have a regional evolution, you could be right about it not evolving into "Rapidash'' but wrong about it evolving at all. Maybe it will have an entirely new evolution, or maybe it will get the Galarian Zigzagoon treatment and Rapidash will evolve. Don't just assume. Also close to the end of the live stream, we saw a shadow that clearly looked like Rapidash and even heard Rapidash's cry, I am more convinced it exist and Ponyta can evolve than I am it's not. Also, Ponyta becoming a ''regional'' variant does not mean GF would just get rid of an entire evolution, they did not do it for any "Alolan'' variants, why would they do it for Galarian variants? Take off your hate tinted glasses for 5 seconds and actually think, use that noggin of yours.

Desperae is being ironic
Patience.

LordDiscord
1 week ago#66
Hbthebattle posted...
LordDiscord posted...
Desparae posted...
LordDiscord posted...
Desparae posted...

Desperae is being ironic

Ah, ok.

User Info: CardTamer

CardTamer
1 week ago#67
Hauke posted...
hoenndex posted...
Dexit defenders and super fans run out of arguments, so they start to write absurdities. Did Impidimp miss a body part when it was revealed? Here we have a clear case of a Pokemon missing a tail, a HUGE oversight, yet you people defend it as the drones you are.

Or MAYBE it was intentional? And you are acting like that for no reason at all?

I don't think so. Because of its big, poufy mane, I honestly didn't notice it was missing a tail until someone pointed it out. I think what happened is that they mistake part of its mane for its tail and simply didn't notice it didn't have one.
"Sometimes crazy works." -Optimus Primal

User Info: Hbthebattle

Hbthebattle
1 week ago#68
CardTamer posted...
Hauke posted...
hoenndex posted...
Dexit defenders and super fans run out of arguments, so they start to write absurdities. Did Impidimp miss a body part when it was revealed? Here we have a clear case of a Pokemon missing a tail, a HUGE oversight, yet you people defend it as the drones you are.

I don't think so. Because of its big, poufy mane, I honestly didn't notice it was missing a tail until someone pointed it out. I think what happened is that they mistake part of its mane for its tail and simply didn't notice it didn't have one.

Why would they make 2 models if they didn't have to?
Patience.

LordDiscord
1 week ago#69
Hbthebattle posted...
CardTamer posted...
Hauke posted...
hoenndex posted...

Even better question, why show 2 Ponyta's at all when 1 would have been more that enough. Heck instead of having it nuzzle the other ponyta and run off to play, it could have came and nuzzled the camera essentally knocking it over and ending the stream, if there wasn't more to it. We tend to forget that TPC and GF can be very trollish and cryptic with how the reveal things. Heck, the entire Eevee movement they posted for the months leading up to Lets Go Pikachu and Eevee's reveal, is a hint that while you can be skeptical, of what you see, you can also ponder if there is actually more to what you are seeing. I don't think they would have shown two Ponyta (especially with one missing its tail) if there wasn't more to it. Heck they even teased Rapidash, but have yet to officially reveal it, meaning their has to be something they are hiding, and a split evo line for a Male and Female G. Ponyta, feels like something they would hide, but cryptically hint at.

User Info: CardTamer

CardTamer
1 week ago#70
Hbthebattle posted...
CardTamer posted...
Hauke posted...
hoenndex posted...

To have them interact. Don't forget, the nature cam wasn't actual gameplay footage.
"Sometimes crazy works." -Optimus Primal
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Remember when Galar ponyta was missing a tail?
  • Topic Archived