• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Remember when Galar ponyta was missing a tail?

User Info: hoenndex

hoenndex
1 week ago#1
We thought it was gender difference, but NOPE! The latest trailer revealing Ponyta did not emphasize anything about gender difference, which is 100% guaranteed when revealing a new Pokemon.
Which means, GF is so freaking incompetent that they forgot to add a huge tail to their Ponyta even when they had an anatomically correct Ponyta present at the same time as the tailless Ponyta.

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
1 week ago#2
*yawn*
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
1 week ago#3
Oh yeah good point they've been so forthcoming with information this generation that of course it must have been unintentional
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /

User Info: LordDiscord

LordDiscord
1 week ago#4
hoenndex posted...
We thought it was gender difference, but NOPE! The latest trailer revealing Ponyta did not emphasize anything about gender difference, which is 100% guaranteed when revealing a new Pokemon.
Which means, GF is so freaking incompetent that they forgot to add a huge tail to their Ponyta even when they had an anatomically correct Ponyta present at the same time as the tailless Ponyta.

Or just maybe, here me out, there is a new evolution tied to the other gender that they did not want to reveal just yet. GF has been very tight lipped this Gen, so it would not surprize me one bit if they suddenly have a slew of reveals that normally would have been revealed months ago, that they reveal now. And even if it was a error, my god, it wasn't even a actual part of the game and was something made specifically to reveal Galarian Ponyta. If it was a glitch and we saw it in game, then yes, b**** away, but even if we are wrong and we don't see a tailless G. Ponyta, then that just means when it comes to the actual game (that they have spent years making rather than, the likely few months they worked on that little reveal live stream) that they aren't incompetent. But again, it could be that the other gender has a special evolution. Explain this then, why did we see a silhouette of Rapidash one point positioned behind the camera, complete with its cry? Wouldn't they have revealed Rapidash too, going by your logic.
What fun is there in making sense?

User Info: UltimaKitty

UltimaKitty
1 week ago#5
LordDiscord posted...
hoenndex posted...

Or just maybe, here me out, there is a new evolution tied to the other gender that they did not want to reveal just yet. GF has been very tight lipped this Gen, so it would not surprize me one bit if they suddenly have a slew of reveals that normally would have been revealed months ago, that they reveal now. And even if it was a error, my god, it wasn't even a actual part of the game and was something made specifically to reveal Galarian Ponyta. If it was a glitch and we saw it in game, then yes, b**** away, but even if we are wrong and we don't see a tailless G. Ponyta, then that just means when it comes to the actual game (that they have spent years making rather than, the likely few months they worked on that little reveal live stream) that they aren't incompetent. But again, it could be that the other gender has a special evolution. Explain this then, why did we see a silhouette of Rapidash one point positioned behind the camera, complete with its cry? Wouldn't they have revealed Rapidash too, going by your logic.

I would be cool if the female rapidash is a unicorn and the male is a pegasus.
Please stop reading this signature

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
1 week ago#6
It culd also be just an animation goof and TC is cementing the issues with criticisms in that he assumes GF made the stream or igoring the fact that as humans soometimes we make mistakes and harping on it is petty
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"

User Info: LordDiscord

LordDiscord
1 week ago#7
UltimaKitty posted...
LordDiscord posted...
hoenndex posted...

I wouldn't be surprised if the female rapidash is a unicorn and the male is a pegasus.

We would have saw wings on the tailless Ponyta then, or were you referring to the evolution? If so, yeah I could see that, being a difference between the gender of female Rapidash and Male Rapidash, but I am still hoping we will get a new regional evolution. I mean other than Obstagoon and Sirfetch'd we don't really have that many, and since G. Ponyta is the Shield exclusive, I just feel that since Sirfetch'd is a regional evolution, it would only make since that Shields exclusive would get one as well. Also ponyta is due for a new evo anyway.
Edit: Just saw you said Rapidash, never mind my first sentence.
What fun is there in making sense?

User Info: kumorixLoveless

kumorixLoveless
1 week ago#8
GF cutting corners even with 24 hour live streams
PSP | Vita | DSi | 3DS XL + N3DS XL | Nintendo Switch | Nvidia Shield Portable | Sega Genesis 3 | NES | SNES | DreamCast | PS2 |

User Info: Zyguardian

Zyguardian
1 week ago#9
It could be a difference, just maybe they didn’t wanna reveal it before the game released
it all comes together

User Info: Plasmas

Plasmas
1 week ago#10
Baha05 posted...
It culd also be just an animation goof and TC is cementing the issues with criticisms in that he assumes GF made the stream or igoring the fact that as humans soometimes we make mistakes and harping on it is petty

Almost as petty as going into every topic that doesn't agree with your agenda to post "yawn"
Merlin: Remember to believe in magic... or I'll kill you.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Remember when Galar ponyta was missing a tail?
  • Topic Archived