• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Galarian Ponyta confirmed Fairy type from Serebii

User Info: EpicSnailMan

EpicSnailMan
1 week ago#91
leghostbuster posted...
to those mad about it being psychic, there is still rapidash who could turn out to be psychic/fairy

Why is nobody mentioning that it was revealed by the Ghost-Type Pokemon Twitter Team? I’m not familiar with twitter to know if this is relevant but, just saying...
https://i.imgtc.ws/vyHHa1v.png
Also please @ me if this is totally irrelevant so I can delete it, I don’t want to spread misinformation. This is just something I noticed
"'Hey Brock, what is extreme speed?' 'When a Pokemon's speed goes to the extreme'" ~ Brock and Misty

User Info: WonkyDiglett

WonkyDiglett
1 week ago#92
Psychic? Guessing game freak will pass it of with a pokedex entry about it sensing its trainers emotions.

Hopefully galarian rapidash adds a secondary typing that dosent put it in direct competition with gardevoir.

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
1 week ago#93
@EpicSnailMan posted...
leghostbuster posted...
to those mad about it being psychic, there is still rapidash who could turn out to be psychic/fairy

Why is nobody mentioning that it was revealed by the Ghost-Type Pokemon Twitter Team? I’m not familiar with twitter to know if this is relevant but, just saying...
Also please @ me if this is totally irrelevant so I can delete it, I don’t want to spread misinformation. This is just something I noticed

The official Pokemon twitter just changed their name from "Pokemon" to "Ghost-Type Pokemon" because it's Halloween, it's not a separate one from the main one
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /

User Info: MrSpork

MrSpork
1 week ago#94
Well, after looking at some comments, apparently it not being fairy means gamefreak is incompetent.

I'm gonna agree. WHY IS IT A UNICORN!?! THEY SHOULD HAVE MADE IT WATER/GHOST AND MADE PONYTA EVOLVE INTO A KELPIE! Why is gamefreak so incompetent!!

Ok, dumb pointless rage aside, I don't think g. ponyta being pure psychic is such a big deal. Obviously we're getting the g. rapidash, and y'all have the chance to get your fairy type there.

Still personally believe kelpie would have been sooooooo much better.

User Info: Zeon

Zeon
1 week ago#95
MrSpork posted...
Well, after looking at some comments, apparently it not being fairy means gamefreak is incompetent.

I'm gonna agree. WHY IS IT A UNICORN!?! THEY SHOULD HAVE MADE IT WATER/GHOST AND MADE PONYTA EVOLVE INTO A KELPIE! Why is gamefreak so incompetent!!

Ok, dumb pointless rage aside, I don't think g. ponyta being pure psychic is such a big deal. Obviously we're getting the g. rapidash, and y'all have the chance to get your fairy type there.

Still personally believe kelpie would have been sooooooo much better.

Rapidaah was a unicorn n not fairy

Keldeo already exist for kelpi
Gfaqs Foxy Phantom Thief. Stealing hearts and breaking trolls.
Your unfriendly neighborhood kitsune idol.

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
1 week ago#96
I'm so glad it's not fire type.

Shield confirmed as the better version
PC | PS4 | Vita | PS3 | PSP | PS2 | PS1 | NS | Wii U | 3DS | Wii | DS | GCN + GBP | GBA | GBC | SNES | GB | NES | 360 | Xbox One

EpicSnailMan
1 week ago#97
Moongeist posted...
@EpicSnailMan posted...
leghostbuster posted...

The official Pokemon twitter just changed their name from "Pokemon" to "Ghost-Type Pokemon" because it's Halloween, it's not a separate one from the main one

Thanks mate! I still dunno if that’s a coincidence or not (considering the Ghost gym exclusive + Twitter name + kinda ethereal design) so gonna keep an eye on that, but good to know
"'Hey Brock, what is extreme speed?' 'When a Pokemon's speed goes to the extreme'" ~ Brock and Misty

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
1 week ago#98
Crudelitas posted...
Are Weezing and Muk counterparts? Because they also didn't keep those consistent.

They had a different kind of relation: one was more common in Red, the other in Blue, but they were not technically "Exclusives".

Legendary_Musas posted...
This.

Arcanine = Ninetails
Primeape = Persian
Scyther = Pinsir (Buggered that up in gen 2 by not giving Pinsir an evo though)
Vileplume = Victreebel
Electabuzz = Magmar
Sandslash = Arbok

They don't always keep these consistent, either; sometimes some Pokémon are Exclusive with others or aren't at all (like Pinsir being Exclusive with Heracross in one of the Generations, IIRC).

Zeon posted...
Eh shouldn't assume a mythical creature is fairy.

Froslass
Keldeo
Mismagus
Wiscash
Celebi
Are a few of many examples why mythical creatures can fit otter things especially ghost n psychic

I mean, having a myth as an inspiration is different than being an outright mythical creature (Whiscash), but, tbf, Celebi is something that is widely thought should have changed Typing.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
1 week ago#99
EpicSnailMan posted...
Thanks mate! I still dunno if that’s a coincidence or not (considering the Ghost gym exclusive + Twitter name + kinda ethereal design) so gonna keep an eye on that, but good to know
They do it every year
PC | PS4 | Vita | PS3 | PSP | PS2 | PS1 | NS | Wii U | 3DS | Wii | DS | GCN + GBP | GBA | GBC | SNES | GB | NES | 360 | Xbox One

EpicSnailMan
1 week ago#100
GuitaristMatt posted...
EpicSnailMan posted...
They do it every year

Well then... it seems less and less relevant by the hour lol. Have they recently revealed any other October Pokemon with this account name? If so, have they been ghost type?
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Galarian Ponyta confirmed Fairy type from Serebii
  • Topic Archived