• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. If you care about this franchise, but still want to play Pokemon sword/shield

User Info: LordDiscord

LordDiscord
2 weeks ago#31
RaynerDvorah posted...
LordDiscord posted...
aryanbrar posted...
LordDiscord posted...
Screw it I'll bite, so basically wait until Gen 9 is coming out before playing the older gen? No thanks, I want to actually experience the games, not just glance them over waiting for Gen 9. Sorry not made of money here. Also whats your take on users that only buy digital, or can only buy digital do to circumstances? That won't be getting any discount anytime soon.

I mean if you still intend to buy this game after all of it's flaws the problem is you. don't get me wrong I was like the rest of you as well, ignored all the problems with Pokemon games only to support the franchise.

every year Pokemon fanbase inches close to exact similarity of those idiots at cod community.

What problems, the fact a feature I rarely used in previous titles, is not returning in this one? The fact that I never expected graphics or animations to be photo-realistic, to begin with? The fact that I haven't intentionally looked for every pixel slightly out of line in order to make 50,000 threads b****ing about how incompetent the company that "CREATED" the franchise I love, apparently should not be making the games anymore, not realizing any other developer would just make s***ty mobile games, if the franchise fell entirely into the hands of Nintendo or the Pokemon company, ect. Sorry, I don't care enough about the minor issues to deem the games not worth my money, nor do I care enough about the removal of a feature a very small portion of the community ever used in its entirety.

Sounds to me like you kept your expectations bottom of the barrel low and therefore haven't been disappointed by the games flaws. A shame, I wish I'd done the same. But after the huge leap we saw with BOTW I thought the first console mainline Pokémon game would get the same treatment .

It has nothing to do with how ''low'' my expectations are, I just don't simply make big deals over minor issues, especially when most of the issues were pointed out, from a beta or even alpha version of the games. Even then, they are minor at worst. "Oh a tree I am never going to actually pay any attention to in-game, has some messed up textures, here let me create 40 threads b****ing about this one damn tree". ect. So you thought, Game Freak would just stray away from a formula they have built up and used for the past 20 years? If the change from 2d Sprite into 3d models wasn't enough to shake up the main formula of the games, what made you think the jump to the Switch would be any different?
What fun is there in making sense?

User Info: RaynerDvorah

RaynerDvorah
2 weeks ago#32
LordDiscord posted...
RaynerDvorah posted...
LordDiscord posted...
aryanbrar posted...
LordDiscord posted...
Screw it I'll bite, so basically wait until Gen 9 is coming out before playing the older gen? No thanks, I want to actually experience the games, not just glance them over waiting for Gen 9. Sorry not made of money here. Also whats your take on users that only buy digital, or can only buy digital do to circumstances? That won't be getting any discount anytime soon.

I mean if you still intend to buy this game after all of it's flaws the problem is you. don't get me wrong I was like the rest of you as well, ignored all the problems with Pokemon games only to support the franchise.

every year Pokemon fanbase inches close to exact similarity of those idiots at cod community.

What problems, the fact a feature I rarely used in previous titles, is not returning in this one? The fact that I never expected graphics or animations to be photo-realistic, to begin with? The fact that I haven't intentionally looked for every pixel slightly out of line in order to make 50,000 threads b****ing about how incompetent the company that "CREATED" the franchise I love, apparently should not be making the games anymore, not realizing any other developer would just make s***ty mobile games, if the franchise fell entirely into the hands of Nintendo or the Pokemon company, ect. Sorry, I don't care enough about the minor issues to deem the games not worth my money, nor do I care enough about the removal of a feature a very small portion of the community ever used in its entirety.

Sounds to me like you kept your expectations bottom of the barrel low and therefore haven't been disappointed by the games flaws. A shame, I wish I'd done the same. But after the huge leap we saw with BOTW I thought the first console mainline Pokémon game would get the same treatment .

It has nothing to do with how ''low'' my expectations are, I just don't simply make big deals over minor issues, especially when most of the issues were pointed out, from a beta or even alpha version of the games. Even then, they are minor at worst. "Oh a tree I am never going to actually pay any attention to in-game, has some messed up textures, here let me create 40 threads b****ing about this one damn tree". ect. So you thought, Game Freak would just stray away from a formula they have built up and used for the past 20 years? If the change from 2d Sprite into 3d models wasn't enough to shake up the main formula of the games, what made you think the jump to the Switch would be any different?

Because the hardware was greater therefore allowing far more creative freedom and the chance for greater depth to a game that hasn't had any leaps since 2012. Also you're really missing the point about the tree, it's gone straight over your head.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: aryanbrar

aryanbrar
2 weeks ago#33
LordDiscord posted...

I bet if Nintendo took a pile of s***, labeled it Pokemon and sold it. you would probably buy it
but hey its your money and you have free will to do whatever you want but understand that you got low standards

LordDiscord
2 weeks ago#34
RaynerDvorah posted...
LordDiscord posted...
RaynerDvorah posted...
LordDiscord posted...
aryanbrar posted...
LordDiscord posted...

Because the hardware was greater, therefore, allowing far more creative freedom and the chance for greater depth to a game that hasn't had any leaps since 2012. Also you're really missing the point about the tree, it's gone straight over your head.

Hardware has nothing to do with what a developer, feels is the correct direction of their franchise or the one they want to go down. Also, they likely don't feel fully comfortable programming on the Switch yet, the reason Lets Go Pikachu and Eevee, even exist was because they were testing for SW&SH. Wait and see how Gen 9 turns out first.

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
2 weeks ago#35
aryanbrar posted...
shillgeist

I don't give a single f*** if you buy the game or not, just let people play what they want to play

you're not different than the kid who buys cod every day and says" don't worry guys it'll be good this year unlike last year huraaayy"

The difference here is he isn't saying "unlike last year." He enjoys them, and will continue to enjoy them. Anyone who thinks "this game is trash, the next will be good" and keeps buying them is an idiot, but if you keep buying them and keep enjoying them that's a completely different story.
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /
(edited 2 weeks ago)

LordDiscord
2 weeks ago#36
aryanbrar posted...
LordDiscord posted...

I bet if Nintendo took a pile of s***, labeled it Pokemon and sold it. you would probably buy it
but hey its your money and you have free will to do whatever you want but understand that you got low standards

I bet If Game Freak made Pokemon Stick figure simulator and added back in the National Dex, you would by it in droves because pokemon "YOU CAN'T EVEN USE FOR THE MAJORITY OF THE GAME'' would be in the game and apparently would be more important, than us getting, new, modes, features, mons, ect.

User Info: aryanbrar

aryanbrar
2 weeks ago#37
Moongeist posted...
I don't give a single f*** if you buy the game or not, just let people play what they want to play

neither do shillgeist as long as they aware of the consequences to the quality of the franchise in the long term
this damage is irreparable

if you acknowledge that then go for it, heck buy 200 copies my wishes with you

LordDiscord posted...
I bet If Game Freak made Pokemon Stick figure simulator and added back in the National Dex, you would by it in droves because pokemon "YOU CAN'T EVEN USE FOR THE MAJORITY OF THE GAME'' would be in the game and apparently would be more important, than us getting, new, modes, features, mons, ect.

ahh what??
I am sorry you don't play post game or multiplayer but with your skill level I wouldn't even bother either lol
new mons?? they have been giving us less of those since gen 6, most are just forms of older pokemon
modes debatable, most are terrible gimmicks, yeh battle royal was so innovative in s/m

most features are just quality of life thing fans have been asking or exist in other mechanically superior monster raising games like Digimon cyber sleuth

(edited 2 weeks ago)

LordDiscord
2 weeks ago#38
RaynerDvorah posted...
LordDiscord posted...
RaynerDvorah posted...
LordDiscord posted...
aryanbrar posted...
LordDiscord posted...

Because the hardware was greater therefore allowing far more creative freedom and the chance for greater depth to a game that hasn't had any leaps since 2012. Also you're really missing the point about the tree, it's gone straight over your head.

Also, no I think I nailed the tree pretty well, because regardless of what is wrong with it, it is a tree, in the background of a game. The fact that so many were even b****ing about it is laughable as is.

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
2 weeks ago#39
aryanbrar posted...
neither do shillgeist

What
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /

LordDiscord
2 weeks ago#40
aryanbrar posted...
Moongeist posted...

neither do shillgeist as long as they aware of the consequences to the quality of the franchise in the long term
this damage is irreparable

if you acknowledge that then go for it, heck buy 200 copies my wishes with you

Who exactly are you talking to in your post? If I can even remotely read your childish little nickname that took maybe what, 3 seconds to come up with, you are indeed replying to the person, in question, so why are you talking in 3 person as if he is someone different, might I ask?
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. If you care about this franchise, but still want to play Pokemon sword/shield
  • Topic Closed