• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. If you care about this franchise, but still want to play Pokemon sword/shield

User Info: Super_Broly93

Super_Broly93
1 week ago#21
LordKeto posted...
No thanks I want it brand new. I'll even buy the double pack
https://tenor.com/view/dbs-broly-dragon-ball-super-gif-13209626

User Info: aryanbrar

aryanbrar
1 week ago#22
Dumb-Fumbler posted...
Oh

No wonder this franchise is getting sucked into the eternal abyss.

hey I might be guilty but at least I am honest :P
I refused to buy that s*** scam of last year and will do the same this year

fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: jaoman69

jaoman69
1 week ago#23
But if everyone tried to buy used there would be no used copies.

User Info: pokemega32

pokemega32
1 week ago#24
Quick question: why do you want the game if you don't think it's worth the people who make it getting money?
3DS FC: 0473-7780-2611 (IGN: Sol in Sun; Elio in US; Rivaille in X; Brendan in AS)

User Info: LordDiscord

LordDiscord
1 week ago#25
aryanbrar posted...
LordDiscord posted...
Screw it I'll bite, so basically wait until Gen 9 is coming out before playing the older gen? No thanks, I want to actually experience the games, not just glance them over waiting for Gen 9. Sorry not made of money here. Also whats your take on users that only buy digital, or can only buy digital do to circumstances? That won't be getting any discount anytime soon.

I mean if you still intend to buy this game after all of it's flaws the problem is you. don't get me wrong I was like the rest of you as well, ignored all the problems with Pokemon games only to support the franchise.

every year Pokemon fanbase inches close to exact similarity of those idiots at cod community.

What problems, the fact a feature I rarely used in previous titles, is not returning in this one? The fact that I never expected graphics or animations to be photo-realistic, to begin with? The fact that I haven't intentionally looked for every pixel slightly out of line in order to make 50,000 threads b****ing about how incompetent the company that "CREATED" the franchise I love, apparently should not be making the games anymore, not realizing any other developer would just make s***ty mobile games, if the franchise fell entirely into the hands of Nintendo or the Pokemon company, ect. Sorry, I don't care enough about the minor issues to deem the games not worth my money, nor do I care enough about the removal of a feature a very small portion of the community ever used in its entirety.
What fun is there in making sense?
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: RaynerDvorah

RaynerDvorah
1 week ago#26
LordDiscord posted...
aryanbrar posted...
LordDiscord posted...
Screw it I'll bite, so basically wait until Gen 9 is coming out before playing the older gen? No thanks, I want to actually experience the games, not just glance them over waiting for Gen 9. Sorry not made of money here. Also whats your take on users that only buy digital, or can only buy digital do to circumstances? That won't be getting any discount anytime soon.

I mean if you still intend to buy this game after all of it's flaws the problem is you. don't get me wrong I was like the rest of you as well, ignored all the problems with Pokemon games only to support the franchise.

every year Pokemon fanbase inches close to exact similarity of those idiots at cod community.

What problems, the fact a feature I rarely used in previous titles, is not returning in this one? The fact that I never expected graphics or animations to be photo-realistic, to begin with? The fact that I haven't intentionally looked for every pixel slightly out of line in order to make 50,000 threads b****ing about how incompetent the company that "CREATED" the franchise I love, apparently should not be making the games anymore, not realizing any other developer would just make s***ty mobile games, if the franchise fell entirely into the hands of Nintendo or the Pokemon company, ect. Sorry, I don't care enough about the minor issues to deem the games not worth my money, nor do I care enough about the removal of a feature a very small portion of the community ever used in its entirety.

Sounds to me like you kept your expectations bottom of the barrel low and therefore haven't been disappointed by the games flaws. A shame, I wish I'd done the same. But after the huge leap we saw with BOTW I thought the first console mainline Pokémon game would get the same treatment .

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
1 week ago#27
aryanbrar posted...
I mean if you still intend to buy this game after all of it's flaws the problem is you

If you can't accept that other people are okay with things you aren't okay with, the problem is you
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /
hoenndex posted...
I remember reading this argument before, and it is still illogical. Either I or someone else will buy the used copy, if we both don't want to buy new and can't find a used copy, we simply won't buy and wait until another used copy circulates.

Rhe problem is u are assuming everyone is buying used for the same reason you are.
There are only so many used copy. Thus only you can control the supply of it by not being said used copy. Every used copy u take is one less copy someone else could take, and thus they are more likely to just buy it new.

You arent doing anything by actively buying said used copy. Nintendo and gaefreak dont lose money for every used copy purchased
"Sony's not a Japanese company anymore just America's dog."
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9212646.html
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: aryanbrar

aryanbrar
1 week ago#29
LordDiscord posted...

what feature??
if you're not playing Pokemon for Pokemon then wtf u playing it for lol
I like using Pokemon from all gens, not having that freedom is a big deal for me this time around.
nobody cared about the issues if the GF didn't use them as an excuse
not only did they remove Pokemon but the same issues plaguing the games are being repeated

they are removing mega/z moves in favour of a lame and s*** gimmick
animations are reused, even though they said they were the focus of the game
balance will be just as bad
the region looks super linear just alola was

you're not different than the kid who buys cod every day and says" don't worry guys it'll be good this year unlike last year huraaayy"

Moongeist posted...
If you can't accept that other people are okay with things you aren't okay with, the problem is you

shillgeist plzz kid don't me e-smack some sense in you
(edited 1 week ago)
RaynerDvorah posted...
RoyalDroneX posted...
hoenndex posted...
Buy used, not new. You get to experience the game yourself, but do not give a cent to Gamefreak and Nintendo as punishment for Dexit.

you do know they still get money right? because someone will have had to buy the game

Yeah but money from our pockets won't be going to GF, someone would have already given the devil a penny.

Spoilers: GF already got paid for every copy of the game in a store. Whether you buy new or used doesn't matter, since store stock is paid for upfront when it's ordered. It literally makes no difference, since the store is gonna just order more when they run out regardless of whether they sold 50 new copies or 25 new and 25 used. If you buy a game at all, whether it's new or used, you are contributing to them since you're raising the chances that the store will order more copies.
Seplito Nash, Smelling Like the Vault since 1996
Step FOUR! Get Paid!
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. If you care about this franchise, but still want to play Pokemon sword/shield
  • Post New Message