• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. If you care about this franchise, but still want to play Pokemon sword/shield

User Info: Hbthebattle

Hbthebattle
1 week ago#171
hoenndex posted...
You are free to be shills if you want, I cannot force you to change your mind. But I WILL shame you, and will call you a superfanboy who eats whatever crap Gamefreak sells you.

And we have no reason to care about your opinion, given that you're a blatant troll who flip-flops on his opinions daily.
Patience.

User Info: Lucario39

Lucario39
1 week ago#172
LordDiscord posted...
Lucario39 posted...
LordDiscord posted...
Lucario39 posted...
omniryu posted...
Lucario39 posted...
Sheesh. You all getting up in arms about someone trying to influence people to get them to do what they want, as if that isn't a part of regular, everyday society and you all have never done anything of the sort.

We influence and are influenced by the world around us all the time, whether you notice it or not. And it's not like trying to get people to not buy this game in the hopes it triggers a positive change in future games is malicious or anything.

Y'all need to chill out.

He pretty much admitting to manipulating people. If you find that ok then that's you. Ride low.

hoenndex posted...
You don't understand what manipulation means. Manipulation means that you try to coerce people in sneaky fashion to get what you want. I am not manipulating anyone, I have been open about my belief that we need to shame people who support shoddy practices by Gamefreak because we know scientifically that shaming practices work. It's part of social interaction to get people to fall in line lest they become shamed by the wider community.
The difference between manipulators and I is that I am being open about my intentions: buy this game, and you will be supporting terrible practices, which you defend so much that calling you a shill is an accurate description.
You are trying to shame me for trying to shame you, by calling me a troll, so I would either shut up or fall in line with your side. If I used your flawed logic, I would have to call that manipulation.

I think that pretty much sums it up.

It's still manipulation because its banking on guilt tripping people into not buying the games out of fear of being ostracized by the community.

...With the end goal of all of us getting better games down the line, holding GF and TPC to a certain standard.

You can hardly say that manipulating people to move in a direction that actually benefits them more in the long run instead of the less-beneficial direction they were heading in is truly immoral.

Manipulation doesn't take sides, regardless of your reasons its still a form of manipulation.

Is the knife you use to cut food bad because you could stab someone with it? Is the car you use to get around bad because you could run someone over?

The intent and end result are what truly matter. Some tools and tactics may be designed to lean in one direction or the other, but how they are used is what makes the difference.
i think i posted in this topic 1 or 2 now but lets be blunt.

If you care about the franchise you will need to buy the game and the merch or they will ditch it. This stupid dont buy anything will teach them a lesson, would just be saying "hey no one wants this game anymore".

Guess what, they would move onto something else not change the quality of the games. So this childishness is just sad. You can say and do what ever you want but at the end of the day either buy it or dont. You are no more a fan then anyone else here.

Hell i probably outbuy pokemon merch/gear/games then about 5 of you put together.

User Info: Lucario39

Lucario39
1 week ago#174
GRankbowhunter posted...
i think i posted in this topic 1 or 2 now but lets be blunt.

If you care about the franchise you will need to buy the game and the merch or they will ditch it. This stupid dont buy anything will teach them a lesson, would just be saying "hey no one wants this game anymore".

Guess what, they would move onto something else not change the quality of the games. So this childishness is just sad. You can say and do what ever you want but at the end of the day either buy it or dont. You are no more a fan then anyone else here.

Hell i probably outbuy pokemon merch/gear/games then about 5 of you put together.

Probably one of the most profitable franchises Nintendo has, and the one that basically keeps everyone at GF and TPC in a job, and you think if sales drop off for an obvious reason, they'll just ditch it instead of applying the just-as-obvious fix?

User Info: EmmatheBest

EmmatheBest
1 week ago#175
Both of my roommates are getting it. No way I'll ever be able to convince them not to get it Day 1, but I know for sure I won't be. It'll be weird to feel proud not to buy a Pokemon game, but sadly, I can't support this lack of care into a game of my favorite gaming franchise. :/
I would have my 3DS FC here, but it is currently a corpse. RIP Pink O3DS, 2012-2018

User Info: LordDiscord

LordDiscord
1 week ago#176
Lucario39

The intent and end result are what truly matter. Some tools and tactics may be designed to lean in one direction or the other, but how they are used is what makes the difference.

The point was whether he was using manipulation or not, that was the argument, you sided with that he wasn't, and I pointed out he was. I don't care about the intention, its still manipulation. Also, you using analogies of items, we are kind of forced to use on a daily basis. Can you cut things without a knife? Can you get to faraway places without a car? You don't require nor do you have to buy the game if you don't need to, there is a difference in people wanting to buy the game and not. You don't require the game, so you manipulating someone who does, or potential would, is actually bad because you are dictating what they can and cannot buy. You are taking the element of choice away from them, while constantly complaining about having choices taken from you ala, the National Dex. People are not going to listen to any form of being ''told'' what to do, you can give your concerns and even try to reason with people, but downright insulting people or even the product they are interested in is only going to turn a blind eye. Why do you think the more malicious forms of manipulation is hidden and done behind people's backs, it's so they don't have a choice but to listen. But this form is based on guilting people, which is something people are not going to react positively about because you are forcing an ideal on them that they don't believe in. If I can't ''force'' you to buy the game, you can't ''force'' me not to buy it.
What fun is there in making sense?
Lucario39 posted...
...With the end goal of all of us getting better games down the line, holding GF and TPC to a certain standard.

You can hardly say that manipulating people to move in a direction that actually benefits them more in the long run instead of the less-beneficial direction they were heading in is truly immoral.

"Manipulation is good if it gets me the results I want. Trust me I know what's best for all of you"
Litterally the words of an anime villain.

Lucario39 posted...
Is the knife you use to cut food bad because you could stab someone with it? Is the car you use to get around bad because you could run someone over?

No, but it also doesnt stop being bad because u use it to stap or run over ppl you deem bad.

The ends dont justify the means. We know which ability u arent rockin' because despite the username, you sure as hell arent Justified in your behavior.
"Sony's not a Japanese company anymore just America's dog."
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9212646.html
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: DtheStampede

DtheStampede
1 week ago#178
Won't have it on day one because I ordered it from Amazon, but I am getting Sword new. Also, I am a long time player of these games and have never completed a Regional Dex let alone the ever growing National Dex, so Dexit? It wasn't an issue!

But, both sides here need to chill out. We are talking about a video game.
(message deleted)
hoenndex posted...
I will shame you for buying this game, and so will many others. We will call you a shill, a superfanboy, a coward, for supporting shody practices by Gamefreak.
You think it is manipulation, I call it shaming people who deserve to be shamed for supporting a move that will end up leading to the decline of the franchise.

Shaming tactics are by definition a form of manipulation.
Also, turn the cartoon villain dial down a couple, woulda ya?
"Sony's not a Japanese company anymore just America's dog."
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9212646.html
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. If you care about this franchise, but still want to play Pokemon sword/shield
  • Topic Closed