• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. If you care about this franchise, but still want to play Pokemon sword/shield

User Info: GMArcturus

GMArcturus
1 week ago#161
Hbthebattle posted...
A boycott won’t work, the game is selling 15 million+ by default.
I keep hearing this argument, but all that tells me is that you have a time machine and I need to borrow it. There is no other logical reason for this argument because you certainly aren't a prophet of any type.
Rock Me Like A Hurricane

User Info: EzraGenesis

EzraGenesis
1 week ago#162
hoenndex posted...
Buy used, not new. You get to experience the game yourself, but do not give a cent to Gamefreak and Nintendo as punishment for Dexit.

I mean that’s what I’m doing, but not because of the lack of National Dex.
"The Vita will probably outlive the Switch" RandyDragon
PSN: AxiomGenesis
Lum_Yatsura posted...
AlfredoJones posted...
GallantChaddymn posted...
What TC doesnt seem to get is that this decision wasnt made lightly. It's not like they can just go "oh, okay guess will just add all the Pokemon". As if they chose to limit the dex and do all this work with Home to compensate on a whim.
It's not just TC, but everyone in the BBND group. They all seem to think that Masuda just woke up one morning and thought "You know what, let's not put every Pokemon into our games anymore". It's clear from the Game Informer article that everyone involved in the production of these games, from Game Freak to Nintendo to the Pokemon Company, put a great deal of thought into this decision. They likely knew that this was going to get a lot of people's panties in a twist, but they ultimately decided that the benefits may outweigh the drawbacks. At this point only time will tell now if this gamble of theirs pays off.

The bigger picture is a lost cause on this group. They put their heads in the sand and don't want to hear that "limiting the dex" is the industry standard, and has been applied to every game and genre imaginable since long before Pokemon was made. Name any ongoing franchise. It's virtually guaranteed at some point to have installments that removed characters.

or that other games might pad out rosters with useless junk such as daisy in smash ultimate while every single pokemon is unique in their own way.

And even then any other game makes up for cut characters by including new game mechanics that perfectly explain why the dex cut happened
If locking online play behind a paywall with irrelevant games is a service then bricking your phone and not removing the brick without a fee is also a service.

User Info: Lum_Yatsura

Lum_Yatsura
1 week ago#164
Oftentimes it's left to interpretation on purpose. Mega Man X doesn't explicitly reveal the fate of Mega Man himself. Should we rise up because we can't play as Mega Man?
Shouting "what did you do that for?" at a stationary bucket of water.
(message deleted)

User Info: Lucario39

Lucario39
1 week ago#166
omniryu posted...
Lucario39 posted...
Sheesh. You all getting up in arms about someone trying to influence people to get them to do what they want, as if that isn't a part of regular, everyday society and you all have never done anything of the sort.

We influence and are influenced by the world around us all the time, whether you notice it or not. And it's not like trying to get people to not buy this game in the hopes it triggers a positive change in future games is malicious or anything.

Y'all need to chill out.

He pretty much admitting to manipulating people. If you find that ok then that's you. Ride low.

hoenndex posted...
You don't understand what manipulation means. Manipulation means that you try to coerce people in sneaky fashion to get what you want. I am not manipulating anyone, I have been open about my belief that we need to shame people who support shoddy practices by Gamefreak because we know scientifically that shaming practices work. It's part of social interaction to get people to fall in line lest they become shamed by the wider community.
The difference between manipulators and I is that I am being open about my intentions: buy this game, and you will be supporting terrible practices, which you defend so much that calling you a shill is an accurate description.
You are trying to shame me for trying to shame you, by calling me a troll, so I would either shut up or fall in line with your side. If I used your flawed logic, I would have to call that manipulation.

I think that pretty much sums it up.

User Info: LordDiscord

LordDiscord
1 week ago#167
Lucario39 posted...
omniryu posted...
Lucario39 posted...
Sheesh. You all getting up in arms about someone trying to influence people to get them to do what they want, as if that isn't a part of regular, everyday society and you all have never done anything of the sort.

We influence and are influenced by the world around us all the time, whether you notice it or not. And it's not like trying to get people to not buy this game in the hopes it triggers a positive change in future games is malicious or anything.

Y'all need to chill out.

He pretty much admitting to manipulating people. If you find that ok then that's you. Ride low.

hoenndex posted...
You don't understand what manipulation means. Manipulation means that you try to coerce people in sneaky fashion to get what you want. I am not manipulating anyone, I have been open about my belief that we need to shame people who support shoddy practices by Gamefreak because we know scientifically that shaming practices work. It's part of social interaction to get people to fall in line lest they become shamed by the wider community.
The difference between manipulators and I is that I am being open about my intentions: buy this game, and you will be supporting terrible practices, which you defend so much that calling you a shill is an accurate description.
You are trying to shame me for trying to shame you, by calling me a troll, so I would either shut up or fall in line with your side. If I used your flawed logic, I would have to call that manipulation.

It's still manipulation because its banking on guilt tripping people into not buying the games out of fear of being ostracized by the community.
What fun is there in making sense?

User Info: Lucario39

Lucario39
1 week ago#168
LordDiscord posted...
Lucario39 posted...
omniryu posted...
Lucario39 posted...

Y'all need to chill out.

hoenndex posted...

It's still manipulation because its banking on guilt tripping people into not buying the games out of fear of being ostracized by the community.

...With the end goal of all of us getting better games down the line, holding GF and TPC to a certain standard.

You can hardly say that manipulating people to move in a direction that actually benefits them more in the long run instead of the less-beneficial direction they were heading in is truly immoral.

User Info: LordDiscord

LordDiscord
1 week ago#169
Lucario39 posted...
LordDiscord posted...
Lucario39 posted...
omniryu posted...
Lucario39 posted...

Y'all need to chill out.

hoenndex posted...

...With the end goal of all of us getting better games down the line, holding GF and TPC to a certain standard.

You can hardly say that manipulating people to move in a direction that actually benefits them more in the long run instead of the less-beneficial direction they were heading in is truly immoral.

Manipulation doesn't take sides, regardless of your reasons its still a form of manipulation.
What fun is there in making sense?

User Info: kratozero

kratozero
1 week ago#170
I am actually kind of disappointed with the reveals...I am reconsidering my purchase...I dunno, I am not feeling so hyped about the game and we are a little over a month before it launches.
There are no JRPGs or WRPGs; only good or bad RPGs.
Playing: Red Dead Redemption 2, FFVIIIR, Pokemon SoulSilver, Pokemon Go.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. If you care about this franchise, but still want to play Pokemon sword/shield
  • Topic Closed