• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. If you care about this franchise, but still want to play Pokemon sword/shield

User Info: hoenndex

hoenndex
5 days ago#151
You are free to be shills if you want, I cannot force you to change your mind. But I WILL shame you, and will call you a superfanboy who eats whatever crap Gamefreak sells you.

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
5 days ago#152
hoenndex posted...
You are free to be shills if you want, I cannot force you to change your mind. But I WILL shame you, and will call you a superfanboy who eats whatever crap Gamefreak sells you.

And thus in return you will be called a troll.
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"

User Info: c0mpu73rguy

c0mpu73rguy
5 days ago#153
Dont4getMe posted...
I don’t care about the Mobile games as they are separate and don’t effect my experience playing their console games.

Sooner or later, it’s gonna affect the main titles.
It's always too soon until it's too late.

User Info: omniryu

omniryu
5 days ago#154
hoenndex posted...
You don't understand what manipulation means. Manipulation means that you try to coerce people in sneaky fashion to get what you want. I am not manipulating anyone, I have been open about my belief that we need to shame people who support shoddy practices by Gamefreak because we know scientifically that shaming practices work. It's part of social interaction to get people to fall in line lest they become shamed by the wider community.
The difference between manipulators and I is that I am being open about my intentions: buy this game, and you will be supporting terrible practices, which you defend so much that calling you a shill is an accurate description.
You are trying to shame me for trying to shame you, by calling me a troll, so I would either shut up or fall in line with your side. If I used your flawed logic, I would have to call that manipulation.

This whole statement is an admission to being a troll. It is also still being manipulative even with you being open. Have you seen a therapist? Do you think this will work? I ask who is on your side? Any effort, you initially had to this cause is gone. Truth be told, I wonder if you're a child at this point. Because getting a life will do you wonders.
PSN/XBL: OMNIRYU
Switch FC: 5419 6809 0486

User Info: Zalitogf

Zalitogf
5 days ago#155
I wanna be day one player

3 of my friends also are day 1 buyers and we will practice the hell out of the game... we are aiming to participate in the tournaments
2 DS, 3DS, Nintendo Switch, PSP, Ps2, Ps4, Playstation VR, Aim Controller VR

User Info: aryanbrar

aryanbrar
5 days ago#156
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...
This has been my policy with all "iffy" games I want to play just to see the train wreck (and sadly due to a hesitancy to support franchises that are abusing their fanbase)

Like Let's Go and Fallout 76 for example. Got em both used. Wish I'd done it with Just Cause 4 as well.

Weird how it's become a trend now to release crap just to milk franchises, across the board. I never bought used until a year or two ago. Now I feel like I am almost obligated to.

gamers got more money than brains

User Info: hoenndex

hoenndex
5 days ago#157
omniryu posted...
hoenndex posted...
You don't understand what manipulation means. Manipulation means that you try to coerce people in sneaky fashion to get what you want. I am not manipulating anyone, I have been open about my belief that we need to shame people who support shoddy practices by Gamefreak because we know scientifically that shaming practices work. It's part of social interaction to get people to fall in line lest they become shamed by the wider community.
The difference between manipulators and I is that I am being open about my intentions: buy this game, and you will be supporting terrible practices, which you defend so much that calling you a shill is an accurate description.
You are trying to shame me for trying to shame you, by calling me a troll, so I would either shut up or fall in line with your side. If I used your flawed logic, I would have to call that manipulation.

This whole statement is an admission to being a troll. It is also still being manipulative even with you being open. Have you seen a therapist? Do you think this will work? I ask who is on your side? Any effort, you initially had to this cause is gone. Truth be told, I wonder if you're a child at this point. Because getting a life will do you wonders.

You are incapable of understanding basic definitions then. Doesn't surprise me, you are a superfanboy after all. I suspect you might be the child, protecting your beloved franchise at all costs.

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
5 days ago#158
hoenndex posted...
omniryu posted...
hoenndex posted...

You are incapable of understanding basic definitions then. Doesn't surprise me, you are a superfanboy after all. I suspect you might be the child, protecting your beloved franchise at all costs.

Going about shaming others into buying something is pretty much trolling here again you have no real defense here
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"

User Info: zelos736

zelos736
5 days ago#159
Oh no guys! I want to buy the game day 1, but I'm terrified of TC calling me a shill. Whatever shall I do?

User Info: Lum_Yatsura

Lum_Yatsura
5 days ago#160
AlfredoJones posted...
GallantChaddymn posted...
What TC doesnt seem to get is that this decision wasnt made lightly. It's not like they can just go "oh, okay guess will just add all the Pokemon". As if they chose to limit the dex and do all this work with Home to compensate on a whim.
It's not just TC, but everyone in the BBND group. They all seem to think that Masuda just woke up one morning and thought "You know what, let's not put every Pokemon into our games anymore". It's clear from the Game Informer article that everyone involved in the production of these games, from Game Freak to Nintendo to the Pokemon Company, put a great deal of thought into this decision. They likely knew that this was going to get a lot of people's panties in a twist, but they ultimately decided that the benefits may outweigh the drawbacks. At this point only time will tell now if this gamble of theirs pays off.

The bigger picture is a lost cause on this group. They put their heads in the sand and don't want to hear that "limiting the dex" is the industry standard, and has been applied to every game and genre imaginable since long before Pokemon was made. Name any ongoing franchise. It's virtually guaranteed at some point to have installments that removed characters.
Shouting "what did you do that for?" at a stationary bucket of water.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. If you care about this franchise, but still want to play Pokemon sword/shield
  • Post New Message