• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. If you care about this franchise, but still want to play Pokemon sword/shield

User Info: AlfredoJones

AlfredoJones
1 week ago#141
hoenndex posted...
You all sound like Baha alts. You are all the worst type of fan, who buy whatever product the company sells you regardless of the obvious problems.
Your mantra is "never criticize product, buy and consume future products."

There is no defense for Dexit, no matter how much you try to justify the unjustifiable. You call me a troll, but the real trolls are you people.
I recognize that Dexit is a problem. I understand why people are angry and I sympathize. But I personally never engaged much with the National Dex so it’s exclusion isn’t a major problem to me. It’s the same for many other people. There are many ways to engage with a Pokémon game, and not all of them involve having every Pokémon be available.

I’ll say it again and I’ll keep repeating it: You are free to not buy the game if you don’t like it, but you don’t get to tell us what we can or cannot do. And the fact that you openly admit to wanting to manipulate people into not buying this game just because you don’t like it makes you a troll, no ifs ands or buts.
You can't fool me, 'cause I'm a moron!
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2960-9608-3596
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Wynvkius

Wynvkius
1 week ago#142
I’ll gladly take Sirfetch’d over every Pokémon that was cut.
Lucario39 posted...
I've got an even better one. "If you care about Pokémon, actually care, you'll refuse to buy this trash, whether it was pre-owned or not, or any future games that pull this same garbage, until they do the job right."

A great deal of thought regarding how much they can cheap out without destroying the fanbase outright, you mean. They could've put all the Pokémon in and still made a slightly-less-obscene profit, don't kid yourself.

So when does the arguments and points in support of this claim come in? Or am I just supposed to take ur word for it.
"Sony's not a Japanese company anymore just America's dog."
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9212646.html
Lucario39 posted...
I can respect everyone has the right to form their own opinion. But automatically respecting what those opinions are? Pass.

Hold up. I actually agree here.

"Sony's not a Japanese company anymore just America's dog."
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9212646.html

User Info: Hbthebattle

Hbthebattle
1 week ago#145
Lucario39 posted...
omniryu posted...
I got a title, " if you really care about Pokémon, you should ask your peers in this community of what they value in the franchise and respect their decision to buy it or not and not shame them."

I can respect everyone has the right to form their own opinion. But automatically respecting what those opinions are? Pass.

Fine, then I'll fully admit that I find you shrill and obnoxious. Go cry somewhere else.
Patience.

User Info: Lucario39

Lucario39
1 week ago#146
Sheesh. You all getting up in arms about someone trying to influence people to get them to do what they want, as if that isn't a part of regular, everyday society and you all have never done anything of the sort.

We influence and are influenced by the world around us all the time, whether you notice it or not. And it's not like trying to get people to not buy this game in the hopes it triggers a positive change in future games is malicious or anything.

Y'all need to chill out.

User Info: Hbthebattle

Hbthebattle
1 week ago#147
Lucario39 posted...
Sheesh. You all getting up in arms about someone trying to influence people to get them to do what they want, as if that isn't a part of regular, everyday society and you all have never done anything of the sort.

We influence and are influenced by the world around us all the time, whether you notice it or not. And it's not like trying to get people to not buy this game in the hopes it triggers a positive change in future games is malicious or anything.

Y'all need to chill out.

Lmao you're the one crying that anyone buying the games is uninformed or has low standards
Don't try to take the moral high road here
Patience.

User Info: omniryu

omniryu
1 week ago#148
Lucario39 posted...

Y'all need to chill out.

He pretty much admitting to manipulating people. If you find that ok then that's you. Ride low.
PSN/XBL: OMNIRYU
Switch FC: 5419 6809 0486

User Info: hoenndex

hoenndex
1 week ago#149
You don't understand what manipulation means. Manipulation means that you try to coerce people in sneaky fashion to get what you want. I am not manipulating anyone, I have been open about my belief that we need to shame people who support shoddy practices by Gamefreak because we know scientifically that shaming practices work. It's part of social interaction to get people to fall in line lest they become shamed by the wider community.
The difference between manipulators and I is that I am being open about my intentions: buy this game, and you will be supporting terrible practices, which you defend so much that calling you a shill is an accurate description.
You are trying to shame me for trying to shame you, by calling me a troll, so I would either shut up or fall in line with your side. If I used your flawed logic, I would have to call that manipulation.

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
1 week ago#150
hoenndex posted...
You don't understand what manipulation means. Manipulation means that you try to coerce people in sneaky fashion to get what you want. I am not manipulating anyone, I have been open about my belief that we need to shame people who support shoddy practices by Gamefreak because we know scientifically that shaming practices work. It's part of social interaction to get people to fall in line lest they become shamed by the wider community.
The difference between manipulators and I is that I am being open about my intentions: buy this game, and you will be supporting terrible practices, which you defend so much that calling you a shill is an accurate description.
You are trying to shame me for trying to shame you, by calling me a troll, so I would either shut up or fall in line with your side. If I used your flawed logic, I would have to call that manipulation.

Irony
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. If you care about this franchise, but still want to play Pokemon sword/shield
  • Topic Closed