• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Do you think pokemon would have been better off if the dex....

User Info: Dark Gunner

Dark Gunner
2 weeks ago#1
Was limited from the start? Like by game or gen, each has its own pool of pokemon and then there was some cross over but it was never a giant collection?

We would maybe have better graphics for pokemon and moves, legendaries might hold more weight if they were limited per gen too. I dunno. Just a thought.
Mario Maker 2: SteveKoopa: ID 6K7-PR2-TWG
Smash Ultimate Mains: Samus, Lucas, Joker

User Info: Dannyson97

Dannyson97
2 weeks ago#2
It would've set the precedent sooner if nothing else and we wouldn't have had as much backlash as of now. I don't think it would've affected other aspects as much but allow newer Pokemon a better chance to get some more love from players and developers.
The meta is what you make it, play by it's rules and be safe or break it and win.-Abraham Lincoln

Dark Gunner
2 weeks ago#3
I do wonder if maybe we would have gotten more unique animations if there were less pokemon to animate too.

User Info: Zeta777

Zeta777
2 weeks ago#4
It would’ve killed Pokémon like it did all the other monster franchises

User Info: AndyReklaw

AndyReklaw
2 weeks ago#5
I think part of it also comes down to doing it on the first console release. Like, they've been more limited by the handheld hardware and then when they finally move up to the console then they have to make cuts.

They honestly should have done it at the move to 3D. It was still a move to a more powerful console but I think people might have been more understanding if they were getting something obvious in return. Instead we get explanations of 'lots of new modes'... which isn't exactly reassuring given that we have no idea what that means.
This user is awesome!:
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=804141&topic=12351915135

User Info: Quol

Quol
2 weeks ago#6
There definitely wouldnt have been this much of an outrage if they did it in the gen2-gen3 transition. But the idea that the games would be better is misleading. You are assuming GF will put in the same amount of effort they put in for a national dex when it wouldve been easier and more cost effective to make the exact same animations/sprites/game but with less Pokemon (less effort, less cost, less Pokemon). Eventually they would make a national dex game since they know that would create a lot of hype and bring in the big bucks.

Dark Gunner
2 weeks ago#7
It's obvious why they're doing it and it honestly doesn't even really bother me? And this is coming from someone who was almost done working on a living dex so I get it... it's just realistically it was bound to happen eventually. Maybe you're right, maybe it is just bad timing.

User Info: firedoom666

firedoom666
2 weeks ago#8
It would make the slogan of "Gotta Catch 'em All" really silly
The Duke of Gravity in Smash Bros Big Brother!
Chibi-Robo for Smash Ultimate! SmashBurb was right about the number of Stages!

User Info: Duncanwii

Duncanwii
2 weeks ago#9
firedoom666 posted...
They havent used that slogan since gen 3, and if what TC suggests was true, they wouldn't dropped it a lot sooner.
Hello, I like video games and comedies. Let's be friends. :)

User Info: firedoom666

firedoom666
2 weeks ago#10
Duncanwii posted...
firedoom666 posted...
They havent used that slogan since gen 3, and if what TC suggests was true, they wouldn't dropped it a lot sooner.

The official pokemon twitter does still have "Catching ‘em all since 1996" in its bio, and it is still right in the beginning of trailers for Sun and Moon. So not sure where you get the idea it was dropped after gen 3

https://youtu.be/m8lfI66T5II
The Duke of Gravity in Smash Bros Big Brother!
Chibi-Robo for Smash Ultimate! SmashBurb was right about the number of Stages!
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Do you think pokemon would have been better off if the dex....
  • Topic Archived