• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Would you be opposed to DLC Pokémon costumes?

User Info: Galar

Galar
1 week ago#31
TigerTycoon posted...
Careful.

First, it's "cosmetics don't effect game play", so it's okay to charge for them.

Then it's "yeah, the game in intentionally extra grindy, and they're selling "time savers" for real money that make the game less grindy, but you can earn everything in the game without paying extra.

Then before you know it you have Ghost Recon Breakpoint, which is selling everything for real money, cosmetics, skipping progression, and pay to win.

300% this. (I don't know this game though)

Cosmetic DLC has no place in Pokemon, especially because you already pay money for their games and consoles. It has even less place in a game that's also about collecting monsters and not only based around competitive matches.

But what do I know... people literally throw their money for some MMORPG where you need to buy the game (and expansions if you want them), which also has a monthy subscription model, and a cash shop selling QoL. People really accept too much.
"Maybe people who are sad can choose Sobble. (Laughs)" - Junichi Masuda

User Info: Lucario39

Lucario39
1 week ago#32
Issues with paid cosmetic DLC aside, they'd either have to do a ton of work for probably little payoff, or tick off people who wanted costumes for their favorites but they either didn't like what their favorites got or their favorites didn't get a costume.

Overall, it'd probably be better not to.

...Not that the concept wouldn't appeal to a lot of people, mind you, it's just not that feasible.

User Info: Crazy_tank51

Crazy_tank51
1 week ago#33
No. Two words:

Rapidash armor.
Sega is what EAin't.
3DS: 3909-7785-1874 (Crazytank*) Steam ID: CrazytankXD

User Info: c0mpu73rguy

c0mpu73rguy
1 week ago#34
Galar posted...
People really accept too much

Noooo, a few people accepts too much which ruins everything for all the rest. Whales... I hate them sooooo much.
It's always too soon until it's too late.

User Info: Galar

Galar
1 week ago#35
c0mpu73rguy posted...
Galar posted...
People really accept too much

Noooo, a few people accepts too much which ruins everything for all the rest. Whales... I hate them sooooo much.

Hate the bait, not the whales who can't control themselves or have too much money to throw away.
"Maybe people who are sad can choose Sobble. (Laughs)" - Junichi Masuda

User Info: c0mpu73rguy

c0mpu73rguy
1 week ago#36
Galar posted...
Hate the bait, not the whales who can't control themselves or have too much money to throw away.

That too, but hating on the bait or the fisherman won’t change a thing, devs wouldn’t listen to what we say (and why should they? Their shady practices works). While we could still potentially reach out to whales to convince them that what they’re doing is wrong for them and for others. Just like smoking.

EDIT: Honestly, I must also be a tad jealous of whales and all their money since I’m not rich enough to put money into these kind of frivolous things.
It's always too soon until it's too late.

User Info: NeoArashi

NeoArashi
1 week ago#37
I’d rather we have DLC costumes for the main characters.

-Swimsuits
-Cosplay (Like the Kommo-o/Lurantis costume in USUM)
-Costumes based off important characters from gen 1-7
-Costumes from games Pokemon could or have cross-over with (such as Nabunaga’s Ambition)

I’d dig that and would be willing to dish out extra cash for those, especially the swimsuit and gen 1-7 important character ideas.
My signature is not important.

User Info: Zyguardian

Zyguardian
1 week ago#38
Maybe not a costume, maybe variants similar to regional variants. That would be cool.

These ones depicted could be called “Spirit Forms”. The blastoise could be rock/ghost, the ralts like could be dark/fairy and the bars line could be ghost/poison. Not gonna lie I would buy that.
it all comes together

User Info: TigerTycoon

TigerTycoon
1 week ago#39
Galar posted...
TigerTycoon posted...
Careful.

First, it's "cosmetics don't effect game play", so it's okay to charge for them.

Then it's "yeah, the game in intentionally extra grindy, and they're selling "time savers" for real money that make the game less grindy, but you can earn everything in the game without paying extra.

Then before you know it you have Ghost Recon Breakpoint, which is selling everything for real money, cosmetics, skipping progression, and pay to win.

300% this. (I don't know this game though)

Cosmetic DLC has no place in Pokemon, especially because you already pay money for their games and consoles. It has even less place in a game that's also about collecting monsters and not only based around competitive matches.

But what do I know... people literally throw their money for some MMORPG where you need to buy the game (and expansions if you want them), which also has a monthy subscription model, and a cash shop selling QoL. People really accept too much.

https://youtu.be/wLM-ge3YRQk?t=157
It's Ubisoft's new game.

The other examples I mentioned are things they've done in the past, and they've slowly ramped it up until we're where we are now.
YOU COULDN'T AFFORD IT!
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Would you be opposed to DLC Pokémon costumes?
  • Topic Archived