• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. do you think the storys gonna be good?

User Info: yokitaqueen0220

yokitaqueen0220
4 weeks ago#31
There has only been good for Pokémon stories that was B/W. Why would this game have a good story?
Okay

User Info: silverden75

silverden75
4 weeks ago#32
Deadinsideman posted...
silverden75 posted...
but then again i play zelda for the story

Zelda's stories are generally well received so what are you trying to imply?

nothing. its just that over on the botw board people keep saying story isnt important at all. but then again maybe i shouldnt listen to them.
just a normal hermit with an obsession with stories.

silverden75
4 weeks ago#33
yokitaqueen0220 posted...
There has only been good for Pokémon stories that was B/W. Why would this game have a good story?

theres also rs, asor, sm, and xy. maybe maybe a few others.

User Info: Dannyson97

Dannyson97
4 weeks ago#34
As long as it's not as bad and confused as X and Y story.

If the story is gonna be front and center like Sun and Moon then they just have to make the pacing better so interrupts the flow less.

If they they for ORAS then so be it a plain but serviceable story is fine too.
The meta is what you make it, play by it's rules and be safe or break it and win.-Abraham Lincoln

User Info: c0mpu73rguy

c0mpu73rguy
4 weeks ago#35
Platinum_Luigi posted...
but I hope the story is at least better than X and Y.

That won’t be hard XD

Even Red and Blue’s story was better than this trash.
It's always too soon until it's too late.

silverden75
4 weeks ago#36
whats so bad about xy? it was straight forward and easy to understand.

c0mpu73rguy
4 weeks ago#37
silverden75 posted...
whats so bad about xy? it was straight forward and easy to understand.

Everybody in this game is an idiot (and sometimes a moron). And the bad guy’s plan of killing the ugly people using a giant death beam that wouldn’t be out of place in a james bond parody is stupid even for a pokemon game (especially after Ghetsis’s plan of using people’s guilt to get rid of their pokemon and take over the world... I said « for a pokemon game »).

User Info: GeminiX7

GeminiX7
4 weeks ago#38
Nah, Pokemon has been going the route of generic anime/JRPG plots for the last few gens and I kind of expect more of the same. Its kind of disappointing, as I really liked that becoming a Pokemon training master as opposed to "saving the world through the power of friendship" was the point of the games for the most part in earlier gens. That said, since Galar is based off Europe and the Gym battles have a stadium/soccer feel, I'd love a plot focused on corruption similiar to the real life Fifa scandals that have been going on the last few years.
MSI Z97| Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Cosair Vengence @ 1600 |Radeon R9 390 8GB
Who gave you permission to talk to me, mongrel?

c0mpu73rguy
4 weeks ago#39
GeminiX7 posted...
Nah, Pokemon has been going the route of generic anime/JRPG plots for the last few gens and I kind of expect more of the same. Its kind of disappointing, as I really liked that becoming a Pokemon training master as opposed to "saving the world through the power of friendship" was the point of the games for the most part in earlier gens. That said, since Galar is based off Europe and the Gym battles have a stadium/soccer feel, I'd love a plot focused on corruption similiar to the real life Fifa scandals that have been going on the last few years.

Seeing as the head of the league have some "villain" vibes, it looks like that's where GF is going in gen 8. Maybe the league itself will be the enemy now.

User Info: FabledFrogadier

FabledFrogadier
4 weeks ago#40
I'd give it a 50/50 chance of passing the "good" threshold. Tbh my favorite Pokemon storyline was ORAS (even though everything else about those games was trash). And SM had potential; it could have been good with a bit more time.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. do you think the storys gonna be good?
  • Topic Archived