• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. do you think the storys gonna be good?

User Info: Dumb-Fumbler

Dumb-Fumbler
4 weeks ago#21
silverden75 posted...
that was fast lol
Pokémon has had the same predictable story (the basis) since gen 3, so I highly doubt it’ll feel new and refreshing or any different than stopping Team Aqua/ Magma or Team Galactic.

The side story aspect is more or less still pretty much consistent. If you’ve played one Pokémon game you most likely played out how the other 80% of the Pokémon games are and will be.
Icicle Crash + Heat Crash = Waterfall

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
4 weeks ago#22
-Good story

-Video game

Pick one.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: tottenhamfan

tottenhamfan
4 weeks ago#23
Best pokemon story is PMD explorers of time/darkness/sky
Tottenham Hotspur fan. #COYS #THFC
Congratulations Gamefaqs for having the worst mods on the internet!

User Info: silverden75

silverden75
4 weeks ago#24
Endgame posted...
-Good story

-Video game

Pick one.

not always true. i have played a lot of games with amazing stories like ciel no surge and ar nosurge.
Dumb-Fumbler posted...
silverden75 posted...
that was fast lol
Pokémon has had the same predictable story (the basis) since gen 3, so I highly doubt it’ll feel new and refreshing or any different than stopping Team Aqua/ Magma or Team Galactic.

The side story aspect is more or less still pretty much consistent. If you’ve played one Pokémon game you most likely played out how the other 80% of the Pokémon games are and will be.

while pokemons always been similar (exept for bw and xy, those were really different) i still found them enjoyable. but then again i play zelda for the story so...(tbh botw had the worst story)
just a normal hermit with an obsession with stories.

User Info: kinabalu

kinabalu
4 weeks ago#25
tottenhamfan posted...
Best pokemon story is PMD explorers of time/darkness/sky

first off.. this s*** went OFF! this game should be the standard for other pokemon game storylines

second of all, eh. the story concepts seem fresh and new so i'm kinda hopeful that it's not just gonna be yet another evil team to defeat. all i hope is that they don't repeat a plot as god awful as pokemon xy... lysandre turns into doc ock?? really???
FC: 1521-9033-9739

User Info: soothsayer

soothsayer
4 weeks ago#26
X/Y aside they've been better at storytelling and characterization since gen 5.

I'm expecting BW2 level at worst, and while I hope for something on SM's(IMO the best story) level or better I feel we'll get like something between BW(2nd best) and USUM's(not as good as the two mentioned previously but still better than BW2 and ORAS) level.

User Info: silverden75

silverden75
4 weeks ago#27
soothsayer posted...
X/Y aside they've been better at storytelling and characterization since gen 5.

I'm expecting BW2 level at worst, and while I hope for something on SM's(IMO the best story) level or better I feel we'll get like something between BW(2nd best) and USUM's(not as good as the two mentioned previously but still better than BW2 and ORAS) level.

i said this somewhere else but ill say it again, sm had the better lusamine but usum had the better lillie. and while usum did expand things story-wise lusamine didnt quite have the same impact.
just a normal hermit with an obsession with stories.

User Info: c0mpu73rguy

c0mpu73rguy
4 weeks ago#28
The only time a pokemon scenario was... decent was in gen 5 (or in gen 1 when there wasn’t that much of a scenario).
It's always too soon until it's too late.

User Info: Platinum_Luigi

Platinum_Luigi
4 weeks ago#29
Black and White one had good stories for pokemon games. Unfortunetly, some things seem very predictable given the expressions on some of the characters. The story isn't the reason most people buy these games at all, but I hope the story is at least better than X and Y.
3DS Friend Code-4253-3573-0668
Ultra Moon IGN:Noobtoobdood

User Info: Deadinsideman

Deadinsideman
4 weeks ago#30
silverden75 posted...
but then again i play zelda for the story

Zelda's stories are generally well received so what are you trying to imply?
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. do you think the storys gonna be good?
  • Topic Archived