• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Will Pokemon HOME delete your Pokemon like Bank did?

User Info: felica

felica
4 weeks ago#71
GRankbowhunter posted...
Crazy idea but..... just use the pokemon on each game and stop trying to carry over dead weight oldies.

Yea thats a crazy idea. Wtf.

Lets not even talk about the pokemon that people masuda method/shiny hunt/soft reset for.

How about we talk about events? Just this year alone we got all shiny tapus/shiny necorzoma and shiny solgaleo and lunala. And none of them will be able to be used in gen 8. But according to you anyone who wants to bring them over to sword/shield has the mindset of "carry over dead weight oldies" Or are you also of the mindset that events are nothing more then gen specific trophies?? Cause realize Volcanion STILL has only been available for a 3 week during the last 3 weeks of gen 6.

Now lets bring that same thought process over to pokemon go. I personally caught a hitmonchan on the vegas strip last year and as soon as i caught it i said i was gonna transfer this to gen 8 and use it on my main team. Now lucikly this is a gen 1 pokemon so i have no doubt it will be in sword/shield.

But what about the other people who caught a pokemon in a very special place in pokemon go and wants to transfer it just to find out its not even in the game. Are u gonna shun them as well for wanting to "Carry over dead weight oldies"???

Like think before u type something so asinine.
Patiently waiting for KH3 Final Mix/Pokemon Shield
3DS FC-5000-7114-0158 TSV-2787 IGN-Evan

User Info: Legend3000

Legend3000
4 weeks ago#72
felica posted...
GRankbowhunter posted...
Crazy idea but..... just use the pokemon on each game and stop trying to carry over dead weight oldies.

Lets not even talk about the pokemon that people masuda method/shiny hunt/soft reset for.

How about we talk about events? Just this year alone we got all shiny tapus/shiny necorzoma and shiny solgaleo and lunala. And none of them will be able to be used in gen 8. But according to you anyone who wants to bring them over to sword/shield has the mindset of "carry over dead weight oldies" Or are you also of the mindset that events are nothing more then gen specific trophies?? Cause realize Volcanion STILL has only been available for a 3 week during the last 3 weeks of gen 6.

Now lets bring that same thought process over to pokemon go. I personally caught a hitmonchan on the vegas strip last year and as soon as i caught it i said i was gonna transfer this to gen 8 and use it on my main team. Now lucikly this is a gen 1 pokemon so i have no doubt it will be in sword/shield.

But what about the other people who caught a pokemon in a very special place in pokemon go and wants to transfer it just to find out its not even in the game. Are u gonna shun them as well for wanting to "Carry over dead weight oldies"???

He made it pretty clear in an earlier post that he just beats the game and then drops it until the next one comes out. So pretty much he’s a casual fan, not that there’s anything wrong with that, but perhaps he didn’t realize that his two cents on the matter fall on deaf ears towards people who spend way more time than he does with these games.
"Legend3000, trolling the trolls since September 30, 2012"
3DS Friend Code: 0731-6189-6089

User Info: GRankbowhunter

GRankbowhunter
4 weeks ago#73
Legend3000 posted...
felica posted...
GRankbowhunter posted...

He made it pretty clear in an earlier post that he just beats the game and then drops it until the next one comes out. So pretty much he’s a casual fan, not that there’s anything wrong with that, but perhaps he didn’t realize that his two cents on the matter fall on deaf ears towards people who spend way more time than he does with these games.

No, i spent about 30 ish hours breeding and doing bike simulator to get my shiny pinsor. And a few days to get shiny lapras in lets go. With the right moves/ ev/ ivs and spent time killing geods and the bat.

But thats a different game i did it then for fun but the next game is coming out so who cares time to find something fun to do in that game too.

Also i will tell you a secert about events. If a company wants to make sure you keep spending time and money on something they will dangling something worthless to them infront of you. You will take the time and the bait and think it is something special. But in the end it is meaningless money grab. Like the whole come into a ebgames for a super duper double d uper pokemon legendary, we are sure it not a gimmick to get ya in the store lol.

User Info: raphaelz

raphaelz
4 weeks ago#74
GRankbowhunter posted...

Crazy idea but...instead of updating your deck with new cards each time a new expansion of any TCG comes out, how about just discarding your entire deck that you've built and cherished for years and using new cards only???

The ignorance of some people is astounding.

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
4 weeks ago#75
raphaelz posted...
GRankbowhunter posted...

Crazy idea but...instead of updating your deck with new cards each time a new expansion of any TCG comes out, how about just discarding your entire deck that you've built and cherished for years and using new cards only???

I mean technically speaking any time new cards in a TCG come out you basically have to reinvent your deck due to better cards, new a lists, eta changes, etc.
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"

User Info: Zeon

Zeon
4 weeks ago#76
Yay. Let's find more trivial things to beat a dead horse over
Gfaqs Foxy Phantom Thief. Stealing hearts and breaking trolls.
Your unfriendly neighborhood kitsune idol.

User Info: GRankbowhunter

GRankbowhunter
4 weeks ago#77
raphaelz posted...
GRankbowhunter posted...

Why not? Why cherish a piece of paper made for the masses?

Sure we are all entitled to what we care about but you should choose people over things. Things disappear and dont really matter, i mean I probably know this way better then you.

I use to play gamesworkshop fantasy battle, i spent i assuming atleast 10k + over the course of 15 years. That is building, customizing, some times even sculpting painting even becoming decorations. Then one day poof the company said naw we are doing this age of sigmar thing all gone. So i finished up my stuff i bought and quit the company and moved on. I enjoyed the stuff when i had it but part of being an adult is moving past all that and understand i enjoyed it then but time for something new.

User Info: BanjoBoomer

BanjoBoomer
4 weeks ago#78
GRankbowhunter posted...
you should choose people over things. Things disappear

I have quite a few pokemon from back around when FireRed/LeafGreen released that I still pull out and use from time to time. Whereas all my friends from back then are long, long gone. Even my friends from college are long gone. Even my friends from my previous job are long gone.

I find that things have a track record of being a lot less likely to disappear from my life than people are.

User Info: PkmTrainerAbram

PkmTrainerAbram
4 weeks ago#79
GRankbowhunter posted...
raphaelz posted...
GRankbowhunter posted...

Sure we are all entitled to what we care about but you should choose people over things. Things disappear and dont really matter, i mean I probably know this way better then you.

I use to play gamesworkshop fantasy battle, i spent i assuming atleast 10k + over the course of 15 years. That is building, customizing, some times even sculpting painting even becoming decorations. Then one day poof the company said naw we are doing this age of sigmar thing all gone. So i finished up my stuff i bought and quit the company and moved on. I enjoyed the stuff when i had it but part of being an adult is moving past all that and understand i enjoyed it then but time for something new.

The more you post the less I take you seriously. If that's even possible.

Speaking like people also don't just fade in and out of others lives. Because life just doesn't work that way because a random on a message board trying to pump himself up says so.🙄
3DS Friend Code:0044 4173 2062
IGN: Is Abram/Abe.....Friend Safari: Steel - Klang/Magneton/Klefki Gen 6 TSV: 1607 GEN 7 TSV: 3556

User Info: raphaelz

raphaelz
4 weeks ago#80
GRankbowhunter posted...

Do you need professional help?
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Will Pokemon HOME delete your Pokemon like Bank did?
  • Topic Archived