• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Minor Pokémon details leaked (Obvious spoilers)

User Info: reaverz

reaverz
4 weeks ago#61
Very neat finds! And now that they’ve been discovered, watch as they change the file names to be generic to hide the stages of any future reveals. Something similar happened in Gen 7, where a file name on the Sun/Moon website revealed that the code name for the games was “Niji” or “Rainbow.” The file name was changed soon after the discovery.

Also, the file name for Necrozma literally included “third legendary,” which was sort of hilarious at the time especially when some had been arguing that it wasn’t (the website reveal came after release). Either way, I expect these file names to be changed soon.
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]

User Info: Crudelitas

Crudelitas
4 weeks ago#62
Andrex_93 posted...
Crudelitas posted...
The early rodents could start as Normal types and lose that type upon evolution, similar to what Fletchling did.

They could and it would probably be kind of the only way for it to work, for certain Types at least, but I think that doesn't always work, depending on concept, design and hypothetical Typing, and it would probably be perceived as "just as boring", in the long run. Fletchling was sort of fine, but I'm already not a fan of how Bunnelby isn't /Ground from the start even though it clearly should be (IMO).

An alternative could be, to change the encounter table of Route 1&2 depending on the starter.
There is no path to git gud, for gitin' gud is the path.

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
4 weeks ago#63
Crudelitas posted...
Andrex_93 posted...
Crudelitas posted...
The early rodents could start as Normal types and lose that type upon evolution, similar to what Fletchling did.

They could and it would probably be kind of the only way for it to work, for certain Types at least, but I think that doesn't always work, depending on concept, design and hypothetical Typing, and it would probably be perceived as "just as boring", in the long run. Fletchling was sort of fine, but I'm already not a fan of how Bunnelby isn't /Ground from the start even though it clearly should be (IMO).

An alternative could be, to change the encounter table of Route 1&2 depending on the starter.

Yeah, that might be a good enough way to handle it.

Again, I personally find it too much work for nothing because I'm perfectly fine with both archetypes existing (and would simply rather the Pika-clones evolve once), but I get your POV and that might honestly be the best solution for what you have in mind, provided you have enough mons to put in the alternative lineups.

Again, this might sound like an exaggerated issue than what it actually is, and it might very well be, but I do believe some Types would skew too much the situation against/for one Starter, so the Normal rodent being often the prevalent encounter keeps things mostly equal, most of the time; there's often the early-bird, which technically makes things worse for the Grass Type, but they often don't learn Flying Moves right away and they are counterbalanced by the rodent; Grass still ends up having the tougher time, anyways, most of the time, but still.

Of course, you could just outright make things a bit tougher for one Starter.. Kind of like the Gen 1 things with Gyms, but to a smaller and more immediate degree.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman

User Info: Hejiru

Hejiru
4 weeks ago#64
I haven't seen anybody mention Cramorant. Is it a standalone?
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy

User Info: MegaSableye

MegaSableye
4 weeks ago#65
Hejiru posted...

We don’t know yet.
My shinies: http://tinyurl.com/q397n9k

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
4 weeks ago#66
Hejiru posted...

It hasn't come up in the Gigantamax thing I guess
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /

User Info: Conn_Eremon

Conn_Eremon
4 weeks ago#67
Huh, didn't pay this bit of news any mind, but to find out it's (maybepossibly) confirmed that Corviknight could truly be the final form of the regional bird just pleases the absolute hell out of me.

User Info: warnerbroman

warnerbroman
4 weeks ago#68
Trapinchfinder posted...
warnerbroman posted...
MegaSableye posted...
Scorbunny: Usagi1

Sailor moon or Samurai?

Usagi is the Japanese word for bunny.

that's the joke.
1478 4237 6903 Xavier
Flying....you can't stop staring can you?

User Info: bluebeans

bluebeans
4 weeks ago#69
Galar posted...
Rad_Dudesman posted...
Galar posted...
Also, I find it interesting that Grookey is called Gorilla1, it doesn't look like a gorilla yet.

Same thing happened with Incineroar

It was called "Tiger3" even though its pre-evolutions look like regular cats

Maybe that could mean it was created before its pre-Evos.

Moongeist posted...
Galar posted...
But what does Pospika mean?

POS pika clone

Piece of s***? Because it will behave pretty s***ty when hangry? xP

Imposter Pikachu
"Freshly Squeezed" Orange Cassidy
https://youtu.be/igazwkQe0Ag https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyP1hWajSRE&app=desktop&persist_app=1

User Info: NeoArashi

NeoArashi
4 weeks ago#70
Conn_Eremon posted...
Huh, didn't pay this bit of news any mind, but to find out it's (maybepossibly) confirmed that Corviknight could truly be the final form of the regional bird just pleases the absolute hell out of me.

Same, that means it won’t be an absolute, mid-late flying pokemon that’s a pain to catch, like Skarmory.
My signature is not important.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Minor Pokémon details leaked (Obvious spoilers)
  • Topic Archived