• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. should all Pokemon evolve?

User Info: lizard81288

lizard81288
4 weeks ago#1
Do you like Pokemon that just have 1 form or not? Personally, aside from legendary Pokemon, I think they should evolve. Some Pokemon feel incomplete, like Stantler or Girafarig.
The real world is where hopes and dreams go to die.

User Info: Desparae

Desparae
4 weeks ago#2
no

User Info: Dumb-Fumbler

Dumb-Fumbler
4 weeks ago#3
Yes.

Dunsparce your time to shine is near.

Drampa: *Laughs*

Icicle Crash + Heat Crash = Waterfall

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
4 weeks ago#4
I don't think they should all evolve but I think most should evolve. It's just more fun to use a Pokemon that can evolve in the main story. Gen 7 had a lot of great unique Pokemon that didn't evolve, I guess because they were interesting enough already, but I feel like they still should have evolved (or been evolutions).
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /

User Info: Desparae

Desparae
4 weeks ago#5
Moongeist posted...
I don't think they should all evolve but I think most should evolve. It's just more fun to use a Pokemon that can evolve in the main story. Gen 7 had a lot of great unique Pokemon that didn't evolve, I guess because they were interesting enough already, but I feel like they still should have evolved (or been evolutions).

the correct take

User Info: gamermasterwiz

gamermasterwiz
4 weeks ago#6
If their stats are bad then definitely..as long as GF executes their design and concept well like a Galar regional evolution rather than just draw out a random mon and give it a weird name(eg. Lickylicky)
PSN: blueink8 Steam ID: blueknightv
3DS Friend Code: 5472-7755-3530 (PKM Friend Safari : Ground)

User Info: Crudelitas

Crudelitas
4 weeks ago#7
I don't think they should all evolve or get a prevo.

It depends on the pkmn. Some do seem a bit like their design or theme is supposed to go somewhere, but doesn't.

Spiritomb for example is a pkmn, that looks to me like it would evolve, but doesn't. It's a spirit, that's sealed in a rock, and I feel like it's missing the moment where its true power is "unleashed". Same goes for Carbink. You just never get the feeling, that they're using their full potential. I know Diancie technically exists, but it's so disjointed.

Rotom on the other hand is a pkmn, that handles itself very well without an evolution.
There is no path to git gud, for gitin' gud is the path.

User Info: PrimalElz

PrimalElz
4 weeks ago#8
And give Shuckle a shot at the Eviolite? No thank you.
I love Monster Hunter so much that I made a Gameplay Music Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxRnI9yrzlo

User Info: rosacea

rosacea
4 weeks ago#9
Poor Dunsparce. The whole world would have accepted Drampa being its evolution.

Poor Luvdisk. The whole world would have accepted Alomomola being its evolution.

Not every mon needs an evo, but some sure do deserve one.

Some even deserve an official pre-evo. Baby Kangaskhan I'm looking at you.
The grass is full of clingy things

User Info: SmashingBros

SmashingBros
4 weeks ago#10
As people it's said, it's a case by case basis. Stuff like Drampa/Turtonator, Spiritomb, and Bouffalant make sense as standalones, others like Wishiwashi, Ditto, or Smeargle have gimmicks that kind of balance it, and then of course there's Legendaries/Mythicals, the non-Poipole Ultra Beasts, and poor, weird, Unown.

Others are more unfortunate. Farfetch'd has been a joke since its debut, and Dunsparce and Luvdisc have fared no better. Some Pokemon are just completely irrelevant- Stantler is completely outclassed both as a Normal type and a deer, Maractus is a pure Grass type in a world chock full of them, and Basculin was literally a last-second addition so that the region had more fishing rod fodder. Some gimmicks just don't justify the stats- Chatot may have an exclusive move, but Chatter hasn't exactly aged well. And then there's some who do evolve but have nothing to show for it- barely anyone remembers Lumineon, and Chimecho was done so dirty when it got a baby and nothing else.
*horrible bird imitations*
I'm probably either bored or procrastinating. Or both.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. should all Pokemon evolve?
  • Topic Archived