• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. What if this dex cut thing is a marketing scheme?

User Info: TheCAWWItachi

TheCAWWItachi
3 weeks ago#1
Like the games are called sword and shield.
Sword- people attacking GF
Shield- people defending GF

Do you all think this is some mumbo jumbo marketing strategy, brought together by none other than Masuda himself????!!!!!
http://tinyurl.com/nfv59ad <by FinalXemnas. Long live the Salt. Leader of the Crowclan FC: 3325- 2532-9399

User Info: DeltaSilver88

DeltaSilver88
3 weeks ago#2
It is a marketing scheme, but of a different type. It's basically "You can still transfer your Pokémon, you just have to buy all our future games to use them all!"
...I became a Super Robot Wars fangirl without playing the games. Bite me.

User Info: tyman6876

tyman6876
3 weeks ago#3
DeltaSilver88 posted...
It is a marketing scheme, but of a different type. It's basically "You can still transfer your Pokémon, you just have to buy all our future games to use them all!"
This
FC: 3583-4718-0257
IGN: Either Noah or Tyrell

User Info: Lizuka

Lizuka
3 weeks ago#4
I mean, to me it's pretty obviously to drum up more sales of mid-generation games. Doesn't really help that they're making it fairly obvious due to the relative lack of Sinnoh Pokemon compared to others.

User Info: Rydershigh

Rydershigh
3 weeks ago#5
tyman6876 posted...
DeltaSilver88 posted...
This

The alternative is to buy none of them which sounds like a plan assuming SWSH is lackluster which is still Up in the air until November
*FC:414-1957-7120
OU for NU

User Info: Splatdude431

Splatdude431
3 weeks ago#6
IMO they are doing the dex cut so they can make a bunch of money from Pokémon Home. Since from now on no Pokémon game will have all Pokémon species you will have to keep paying for Pokémon Home to keep the Pokémon you cant use there.

The dex cut was not something that was inevitable. This is on purpose.
My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBCTOrS6ElyMDKNne1PPy9w

User Info: Desparae

Desparae
3 weeks ago#7
Splatdude431 posted...
IMO they are doing the dex cut so they can make a bunch of money from Pokémon Home. Since from now on no Pokémon game will have all Pokémon species you will have to keep paying for Pokémon Home to keep the Pokémon you cant use there.

I mean, it was still inevitable. Just didn’t need to happen this early on. It was definitely going to be an issue eventually, though.

User Info: Splatdude431

Splatdude431
3 weeks ago#8
Desparae posted...
Splatdude431 posted...

I mean, it was still inevitable. Just didn’t need to happen this early on. It was definitely going to be an issue eventually, though.

Explain why it was inevitable.
My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBCTOrS6ElyMDKNne1PPy9w

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
3 weeks ago#9
DeltaSilver88 posted...

This is such a weird take
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /

User Info: HappyDog

HappyDog
3 weeks ago#10
Splatdude431 posted...
Explain why it was inevitable.
The dex wasn't really sustainable at the rate it grew each gen. Dissapointing though it may be to say goodbye so early.
Apparently objecting to sexual assault makes me a troll. Peak Gamefaqs.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. What if this dex cut thing is a marketing scheme?
  • Topic Archived