• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Horrible game designs: Archeops

User Info: Severus_Sniper

Severus_Sniper
4 weeks ago#1
Archeops is one of the many terrible game design ideas i ever seen, the idea was to be an overpowered fossil pokemon with an hidering ability, much like slaking, regigigas etc. However different of slaking that at its debut generation was pretty balanced and had some uses, archeops fail to put the balance terms on track.

First Slaking worked in rse era because it had massive stats, paired to cover legendary pokemon, and a very good move pool, its hidering aspects was its typing normal, which isnt that great offensively and a subpar spd, with the famous ability made it a thing that had some use to cause roles and could take a hit if necessary, in doubles it also could had its ability swapped making it a true menace. Althrough recent generations completely wrecked slaking use, its still was ok to use on rse era.

Archeops however fails miserably in deliver same experiences, first its stats are nothing spetacular, its almost the same of volcarona and arcanine two pokemon with no hidering abilities, not to mention most of free to use legendaries has almost same stats, also its stats distribution is horrible, anything can take half of its hp and activate defeatist which turns archeops a s*** of pokemon not a usable in any instance. Archeops also doesnt even has the offensive power it could have, sure 140 atk head smash with 110 spd is nice, but leaving its hp behind half turns out pretty easy after one head smash. Thats all makes archeops a s*** design and a mistake, anyone who design his should be fired

User Info: Axews

Axews
4 weeks ago#2
So by design you mean usefullness in battle, right?

I love Archen family and nothing will change that. Such a shame it has Defeatist.

But hey, Galarian Weezing!
Hella strange.

User Info: Vito219

Vito219
4 weeks ago#3
Archeops was fine back in the day but with the added power creep of the following gens it should be revised. Also the loss of Gems hurt it. Flying Gem Acrobatics was amazing.
Check out my Youtube Channel for Pokemon Animation and Analysis: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzshtoclyyQ8wAJ_OVZpaGg

Severus_Sniper
4 weeks ago#4
Axews posted...
So by design you mean usefullness in battle, right?

I love Archen family and nothing will change that. Such a shame it has Defeatist.

But hey, Galarian Weezing!

Considering battle is a game design aspect, yes

Severus_Sniper
4 weeks ago#5
Vito219 posted...
Archeops was fine back in the day but with the added power creep of the following gens it should be revised. Also the loss of Gems hurt it. Flying Gem Acrobatics was amazing.

Archeops was never fine, generation five we already had stealth rocks, even a good fly gem acrobatoca could not save it, it was a very bad pokemon

User Info: soothsayer

soothsayer
4 weeks ago#6
>its stats are nothing spectacular.

140 attack and 115 speed. Okay sure.

User Info: StewieGriffin23

StewieGriffin23
4 weeks ago#7
The issue with Archeops is that it wouldn't even be broken WITHOUT Defeatist. The ability is pointless.
You make a troll post? I'll report it.
3DS FC: 1435-9440-5728

User Info: FabledFrogadier

FabledFrogadier
4 weeks ago#8
Are you implying that Slaking was ever more useful than Archeops?

User Info: Vito219

Vito219
4 weeks ago#9
soothsayer posted...
>its stats are nothing spectacular.

140 attack and 115 speed. Okay sure.

People who are ignorant or numb to power creep say this.
Check out my Youtube Channel for Pokemon Animation and Analysis: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzshtoclyyQ8wAJ_OVZpaGg

Severus_Sniper
4 weeks ago#10
FabledFrogadier posted...
Are you implying that Slaking was ever more useful than Archeops?

On its debut generation yes
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Horrible game designs: Archeops
  • Topic Archived