• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Lack of new in this "New" generation on a console

User Info: Rydershigh

Rydershigh
1 month ago#1
Reused assets , reused animations, reused models. Remember what a new generation truly meant? The literally thing that they didn’t 100% reuse is the Pokémon.

And this is a new console, a new home console! Remember how different Gen 3-4 looked? Or Gen 5-6 giant leap This transition looks quite sad
*FC:414-1957-7120
OU for NU

User Info: IMONFIREGUY

IMONFIREGUY
1 month ago#2
I feel if you spent as much time looking at what’s actually new as you do looking for reused stuff, you’ll find there’s plenty.

Rydershigh
1 month ago#3
IMONFIREGUY posted...
I feel if you spent as much time looking at what’s actually new as you do looking for reused stuff, you’ll find there’s plenty.

Like, of course I mean new so nothing replicating other features from past games”
OU for NU

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
1 month ago#4
Rydershigh posted...
Remember what a new generation truly meant?

New region, new Pokemon
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /

Rydershigh
1 month ago#5
Moongeist posted...
Rydershigh posted...

New region, new Pokemon

Yes..the literal standards of a new Gen...that all? If so then I rest my case until November
OU for NU

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
1 month ago#6
Rydershigh posted...
Moongeist posted...
Rydershigh posted...

New region, new Pokemon

Yes..the literal standards of a new Gen...that all?

That's what a new generation has always meant to me
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /

User Info: IMONFIREGUY

IMONFIREGUY
1 month ago#7
So what I’m getting is that literally everything has to be new and look nothing like previous iterations of anything. Basically everything made fresh from scratch.
We got the core new stuff (new region, Pokémon, and battle mechanic), side features (recipe and card collecting as well as raids), and new simple but fun stuff (new customization options and camping)
That probably isn’t even everything but it’s plenty of new stuff to make the purchase worth it.

User Info: Yattien

Yattien
1 month ago#8
When has Pokemon ever created every single thing from scratch and not reused stuff?
Troll topic.
I changed this when I realised I don't even have a 3DS anymore, nor Pokemon Sun. Probably won't change again for another 2 years.

User Info: Leon481

Leon481
1 month ago#9
I'm expecting that most of the stuff that's actually new, and where most of the work went, is going to turn out to be in environment, human characters, and story. I know that's not ideal for everyone since most feel that Pokemon and battles are the most important thing, but if that's their artistic vision, I can respect that.

Yattien posted...
When has Pokemon ever created every single thing from scratch and not reused stuff?

When it was still 2D. To be fair though, 2D was a lot easier to work with. 3D, especially good 3D, is time consuming.

Rydershigh
1 month ago#10
Yattien posted...
Troll topic.

Gen 3- Natures / abilities, battle frontier, Contests
Gen 4- GTS, WiFi plaza, Capsules
Gen 5- Rotation Battles, Triple Battles, World tournament, Join Avenue, Key system
Gen 6- PSS, PR videos, customization
Gen 7- archipelago
Gen 8- .......dynamax?
OU for NU
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Lack of new in this "New" generation on a console
  • Topic Archived