• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. New protagonist for Pokemon?

User Info: Paulf001

Paulf001
1 month ago#1
Now that Ash has won a Pokemon League and fulfilled his life long dream. Seems like they will be rebooting Pokemon for sure. What could they even do with him as the main character now?

Given that they been secret with the next season of Pokemon odds are that Ash is out.

Who would replace him?

User Info: Dumb-Fumbler

Dumb-Fumbler
1 month ago#2
Gloria
Icicle Crash + Heat Crash = Waterfall

User Info: AlfredoJones

AlfredoJones
1 month ago#3
I've said it in another topic, but I doubt Ash is done. His dream is to become a Pokemon Master, which I doubt being a regional Champion qualifies him as. My guess is that his victory in Alola is going to embolden him to try and give the Leagues in the previous regions he faced another shot, likely bringing along the old Pokemon he used in each one and reuniting with his old travel buddies. Whether he wins any of them is up for debate, though my money says he'll at least win Kalos. Once he's done giving each one another try he'll move on the Galar, where his performance in Alola and any of the other Leagues he may win will net him an endorsement from Leon so that he may compete in the Galar League.
You can't fool me, 'cause I'm a moron!
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2960-9608-3596

User Info: pokemega32

pokemega32
1 month ago#4
The producer of the anime explicitly said that winning a Pokemon league =/= becoming a Pokemon master.
3DS FC: 0473-7780-2611 (IGN: Sol in Sun; Elio in US; Rivaille in X; Brendan in AS)

User Info: Thr33Stocked

Thr33Stocked
1 month ago#5
I wouldn’t mind having a female protagonist at this point. It’s not even about Women equal rights stuff. It’s just that while Ash soaked up Gym Battles, most of the female companions have just been about Contests or some other stuff.

You have May, all about Pokemon Contests

Then Dawn, all about Pokemon Contests

Then Iris, who just wanted to raise Axew

Then Serena, all about being the Kalos Queen.

The closest thing we got is Misty who was an actual Gym Leader.

User Info: brentoni

brentoni
1 month ago#6
I doubt this will happen but I wouldn't mind a series about a world tournament where there are a bunch of short story arcs about different characters from different regions trying to qualify, followed by a tournament arc featuring characters from each of the arcs.

User Info: RoyalDroneX

RoyalDroneX
1 month ago#7
pokemega32 posted...
The producer of the anime explicitly said that winning a Pokemon league =/= becoming a Pokemon master.

they also said Pokemon the First Movie was the series finale
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9017-6003 NID:TheChoujinVirus
Switch FC: SW-5068-7679-1687

User Info: KurisuFenris

KurisuFenris
1 month ago#8
Ash isn't going anywhere.

User Info: Spacefrisian

Spacefrisian
1 month ago#9
He wanted to be the best the very best, and he wanted to catch them all....Well he won Alola, which wouldnt make him the best, and i doubt has catched them all.
Sanctus Dominus Infernus ad Astra
Regus Kobalus....cast unholy fire

User Info: pokemega32

pokemega32
1 month ago#10
RoyalDroneX posted...
pokemega32 posted...

they also said Pokemon the First Movie was the series finale

...how the hell is that the same thing?

Planning for something to end before realizing how popular it becomes =/= randomly deciding that you can't keep your main character around for no reason despite already stating there's no reason not to.
3DS FC: 0473-7780-2611 (IGN: Sol in Sun; Elio in US; Rivaille in X; Brendan in AS)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. New protagonist for Pokemon?
  • Topic Archived