• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. New Pokémon (Sirfetch'd?)

User Info: ss21vegito

ss21vegito
4 weeks ago#1
Not OC. but a damn good interpretation

It implies the image is sideways to throw you off

https://i.imgtc.ws/xJnena9.png

https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/pokemon-galar-region/zbpkxr1gw8/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ujjQA4vGw

User Info: AjidoMarujido

AjidoMarujido
4 weeks ago#2
A lot of people are jumping on the Sirfetch'd bandwagon. The issues with this theory are that the new pokémon is a mono-fighting type, and it's 260 lbs.

The only way that it works is if they justify it by saying something like "it's in a suit of armor that's so heavy that it loses its flying type." and that seems like a stretch, imo.

I like the art/design though.
[[PSN - MilesEdgeworth]] ~~ [[Switch - 5798.9459.4957]]
Comprehensive list of pokemon confirmed for Sword/Shield - https://bit.ly/2k0G2cu

User Info: GaiamageX

GaiamageX
4 weeks ago#3
AjidoMarujido posted...
A lot of people are jumping on the Sirfetch'd bandwagon. The issues with this theory are that the new pokémon is a mono-fighting type, and it's 260 lbs.

The only way that it works is if they justify it by saying something like "it's in a suit of armor that's so heavy that it loses its flying type." and that seems like a stretch, imo.

I like the art/design though.

But then going by the visuals alone, I don't know how it's not related to Farfetch'd. Making this something else seems like an even bigger stretch, especially since we already know from the leak that Farfetch'd gets some kind of refresh in these games.
Final Fantasy XIII
- March 9, 2010 -

User Info: ShadowZangoose

ShadowZangoose
4 weeks ago#4
leak? leek?

I'd be surprised if this wasn't just some leek pun
eyy b0ss

User Info: AjidoMarujido

AjidoMarujido
4 weeks ago#5
GaiamageX posted...
But then going by the visuals alone, I don't know how it's not related to Farfetch'd. Making this something else seems like an even bigger stretch, especially since we already know from the leak that Farfetch'd gets some kind of refresh in these games.

You have to turn the image on it's side, and make up lore to explain it's weight/type... How would it be a bigger stretch to simply assume that it might be one of the other 50+ Galar pokémon that we have yet to see?

Yeah, we know Sirfetch'd was in the leek, and thus it's probably coming, but I also think that's the main reason that people are so absolutely ready to believe that it's what this weird glitch-mon is, rather than the simpler explanation that it's just something else.

I kinda hope that it is Sirfetch'd actually, because that image is a really good design. I just wouldn't bet on it.
[[PSN - MilesEdgeworth]] ~~ [[Switch - 5798.9459.4957]]
Comprehensive list of pokemon confirmed for Sword/Shield - https://bit.ly/2k0G2cu

User Info: Crudelitas

Crudelitas
4 weeks ago#6
AjidoMarujido posted...

Yeah, that would be odd.

Dodrio (presumably) can't fly either. It pretty much just has the Flying type, because it's a bird with no secondary typing.

100kg is also super heavy for an armoured bird. That's much heavier than Skarmory and Corviknight. Those two are capably of flight though, so maybe that's a bit of a circular argument.

This is just gut feeling, but I think if it were to get a heavy armour, that prevents it from flying, it would get a Steel typing as a replacement for the lost Flying type.
There is no path to git gud, for gitin' gud is the path.

User Info: kirbserker

kirbserker
4 weeks ago#7
AjidoMarujido posted...
that it's what this weird glitch-mon is

Calling it now, Missingno evolution
Paper is overpowered, but scissors is fine.
-Rock (RenamonFOX)

User Info: ShadowZangoose

ShadowZangoose
4 weeks ago#8
kirbserker posted...
AjidoMarujido posted...

Well.
Missingno. was Bird type...

out of coincidence
eyy b0ss

User Info: kirbserker

kirbserker
4 weeks ago#9
ShadowZangoose posted...
kirbserker posted...
AjidoMarujido posted...

Well.
Missingno. was Bird type...

out of coincidence

Bird Steel! Even cooler than Flying Steel.
Paper is overpowered, but scissors is fine.
-Rock (RenamonFOX)

User Info: Luigi player

Luigi player
4 weeks ago#10
Somehow the image doesn't look like it's picturing the pixels perfectly.

The pixelimage looks like it could have sunglasses and some sort of iro hairstyle. Could look pretty cool.

Actually the hairstyle and general style reminds me of Gizmoduck (Donald ducks super robot wheel form).
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. New Pokémon (Sirfetch'd?)
  • Topic Archived