• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. How much longer do you think the series will last?

User Info: Splatdude431

Splatdude431
1 month ago#71
Desparae posted...
Everyone saying “until it stops making money” is giving such a cop-out answer. That’s obvious. The question is, when will that happen? Come on, guys. Live a little bit. Be adventurous. You have the chance to predict the downfall of a titan.

As for myself, I predict the last Nintendo/TPC-backed and GameFreak-developed pokemon games to be Redemption Red and Blasphemous Blue, which take place in the barren ashes of the post-apocalyptic Kanto region, and release in the year 2100. They will be the 20th pair of games to feature Kanto as its main region, but the first ever non-remake since Red and Blue. Yes, that means there will be 18 total Kanto remakes. And yes, there will be 16 more Kanto remakes between now and the year 2100. Brace yourselves.

The release of Redemption Red and Blasphemous Blue will be poorly received by longtime fans of the series, as they feature none of the original Kanto pokemon, nor any of the original plotline or characters from Red and Blue. So poorly received, in fact, that GameFreak goes bankrupt and can no longer continue development on main series pokemon titles.

Pokémon GO HOMÉ will come out three months later, allowing players to literally go home and play pokemon, but explore all around the entire world in virtual reality. It will be a massive success, and everyone will leave the real world to go live in the pokemon world, taking up full time jobs while their real bodies rot away.

Everybody invested in the pokemon franchise will die without producing offspring, and so the series finally ends.

Then some company will just copy the same thing but with a slightly different name and the cycle will repeat all over again.

OK... What the actual F R I C K did I just read?!
My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBCTOrS6ElyMDKNne1PPy9w

User Info: c0mpu73rguy

c0mpu73rguy
1 month ago#72
Dumb-Fumbler posted...
along with charizard

Always Charizard. While my boy Blastoise never gets any love.
It's always too soon until it's too late.

User Info: DeltaSilver88

DeltaSilver88
4 weeks ago#73
I voted for the 12 Zodiacs running out thing because that idea is hilarious.

Granted, there is actually a 13th Zodiac sign so we could probably get Gen 13. See, the Rabbit was replaced by the Cat in the Vietnamese Zodiac - so it could be an extra Fire starter we'd get.

...There's also a chance they'll move on to the Western Zodiac and we'd get 13 more generations. Yes, 13. Because even though Ophiuchus isn't an actual sign, GF probably wouldn't care.
...I became a Super Robot Wars fangirl without playing the games. Bite me.

User Info: ShadowZangoose

ShadowZangoose
4 weeks ago#74
DeltaSilver88 posted...

Granted, there is actually a 13th Zodiac sign so we could probably get Gen 13. See, the Rabbit was replaced by the Cat in the Vietnamese Zodiac - so it could be an extra Fire starter we'd get.

...There's also a chance they'll move on to the Western Zodiac and we'd get 13 more generations. Yes, 13. Because even though Ophiuchus isn't an actual sign, GF probably wouldn't care.

Fire type Aquarius and Pisces...

Lol
eyy b0ss

User Info: Twinklestar

Twinklestar
4 weeks ago#75
DeltaSilver88 posted...

Cat isn't just on the Vietnamese one - the legend for the Chinese Zodiac also mentioned the cat being tricked by the rat, resulting in the cat missing its chance to be in the Zodiac.

It's the reason why the anime Fruit Basket, whose plot revolve around the Chinese Zodiac, included a cat in its casts.

Anyway, perhaps related to the topic:

https://nintendosoup.com/pokemon-lets-go-is-the-only-pokemon-mainline-game-that-didnt-win-any-awards-at-tokyo-game-show-awards/

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
4 weeks ago#76
DeltaSilver88 posted...

I'd be really curious how they would differentiate it from Litten.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman

User Info: c0mpu73rguy

c0mpu73rguy
4 weeks ago#77
Andrex_93 posted...
DeltaSilver88 posted...

I'd be really curious how they would differentiate it from Litten.

Maybe this time it’ll be a real tiger and Litten will be the cat.
It's always too soon until it's too late.

User Info: DeltaSilver88

DeltaSilver88
4 weeks ago#78
ShadowZangoose posted...
DeltaSilver88 posted...

Fire type Aquarius and Pisces...

Lol

Aquarius is already an Air sign so it's not like the astrologers themselves care. XD Scorpio is a Water sign and it lives in a desert, the Capricorn has a fish tail and it's an Earth sign...

The fire Pisces could easily be the Rainbow Fish from Hindu mythology. It has scales made from all elements - red fire, blue ice, green grass, yellow lightning. Or possibly a fire-breathing sea serpent (Asian mythology has dragons living underwater).

...Aquarius can have a fire cannon to mirror Blastoise.
...I became a Super Robot Wars fangirl without playing the games. Bite me.

User Info: startmario

startmario
4 weeks ago#79
It won't.

Regardless of quality, it'll make money due to brand-name alone.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. How much longer do you think the series will last?
  • Topic Archived