• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. SPOILERS: The winner of the Sun and Moon league has been leaked

User Info: Solar_Crimson

Solar_Crimson
4 days ago#41
Dandelionel posted...
mehmeh1 posted...
I'd like it if he wins and gets a sponsorship for a "worldwide league" in Galar because of it, with him representing both Kanto and Alola. That'd be a great way to segway into gen 8 and have a reason for the focus in all regions without making it a reboot
...why would you want that? nobody likes ash anymore

Kids like him, and kids are still the target demographic of the anime (and the series in general).
Be wary of boarding the hype train, lest you end up on the ruse cruise... - nanobuilder (r/nintendo)
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: kaliskonig

kaliskonig
4 days ago#42
He deserved to win both sinnoh and Kalos but they give him the Joke league with his most underpowered and questionable team ever. Yeah okay. Well Im going to miss Ash a little bit. His original run was great. His Sinnoh and Kalos run also. The rest were forgettable to bad.
Reiji Arisu, Elma, Wonder Red, Steve, and Rex as DLC!

User Info: Trickster-0

Trickster-0
4 days ago#43
xF0x posted...
Meh, too little too late. The other leagues would have been so much more satisfying to see him win but the Alola one is pretty whatever, so it's somehow even worse that he actually won this time. After all these leagues they couldn't even end the Ash series with a bang and give him a victory that matters, what a waste.

Completely agree. the first 3 were ok as he didn't deserve to win any of those but at least showed character progression. Gen 4 was the first major f*** up in that regard because Ash should have totally won. Gen 5 is similar to gen 7 in that the anime was so bad that fans would be more pissed if Ash won but the writters still managed to piss people with a nonsense defeat.

Gen 6 was THE last chance of a proper redemption and what do they do? Hire the BW writters just for the two episodes of the final league battle, making Ash lose in a ridiculous way (AGAIN). Now that they destroyed the animation and writting with sun and moon, making Ash win is insulting.

Trickster-0
4 days ago#44
mehmeh1 posted...
Solar_Crimson posted...
HylianKnight1 posted...
Honestly, it would've been much better if he had won the Kalos league instead and have it end there.

Yeah, I agree. It or Sinnoh made much more sense.

The Alola League seems far more "backwater", so Ash's alleged victory is more hollow.

I'd like it if he wins and gets a sponsorship for a "worldwide league" in Galar because of it, with him representing both Kanto and Alola. That'd be a great way to segway into gen 8 and have a reason for the focus in all regions without making it a reboot

Then ash gets to gallar and is forbidden from using half his team because they aren't part of the gallar dex.

User Info: _Dog_

_Dog_
4 days ago#45
@Dumb-Fumbler

Don't watch it. Objections?
The Big Problem with the Pokemon anime:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/217-pokemon/75265633

Trickster-0
4 days ago#46
kaliskonig posted...
He deserved to win both sinnoh and Kalos but they give him the Joke league with his most underpowered and questionable team ever. Yeah okay. Well Im going to miss Ash a little bit. His original run was great. His Sinnoh and Kalos run also. The rest were forgettable to bad.

I like to imagine a scene where we see flashbacks for Unova and Alola. Ash then wakes up screaming and covered in sweat, then says "OMG what horrible nightmares". After that, he goes to his match against Alain in the Kalos league. At the end, mega charizard and greninja begin falling at the same time.

Ash's vision goes dark and he remembers the aftermath of his kanto league loss and how it hurt him. But then he makes a promise alongside pikachu, looking at the sky where Ho-oh appeared before, he says "I'm going to be the very best". The memory ends, he regains his senses and balance, and so does greninja. Mega charizard falls and is KOed. Ash wins the Kalos league.

User Info: _Dog_

_Dog_
4 days ago#47
Solar_Crimson posted...
Dandelionel posted...
mehmeh1 posted...

Kids like him, and kids are still the target demographic of the anime (and the series in general).

This actually isn't true, not in the long run at least.
The Big Problem with the Pokemon anime:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/217-pokemon/75265633

User Info: bstroke0425

bstroke0425
4 days ago#48
I come back to the anime once every few years, only when the leagues are on. This one seemed so pathetic compared to the intensity of Kalos, Sinnoh etc. There weren’t even 6v6 battles, the only one that stood out to me was Pikachu vs. Golisopod.

User Info: mehmeh1

mehmeh1
4 days ago#49
Dandelionel posted...
mehmeh1 posted...

Because he deserves a good closure and not ending his journey on a low scale league
Trickster-0 posted...
xF0x posted...
Meh, too little too late. The other leagues would have been so much more satisfying to see him win but the Alola one is pretty whatever, so it's somehow even worse that he actually won this time. After all these leagues they couldn't even end the Ash series with a bang and give him a victory that matters, what a waste.

Completely agree. the first 3 were ok as he didn't deserve to win any of those but at least showed character progression. Gen 4 was the first major f*** up in that regard because Ash should have totally won. Gen 5 is similar to gen 7 in that the anime was so bad that fans would be more pissed if Ash won but the writters still managed to piss people with a nonsense defeat.

Gen 6 was THE last chance of a proper redemption and what do they do? Hire the BW writters just for the two episodes of the final league battle, making Ash lose in a ridiculous way (AGAIN). Now that they destroyed the animation and writting with sun and moon, making Ash win is insulting.

This is horrible misinformation propagated by salty fanboys (I'll admit even I fell for it at first), the person who wrote those episodes had been writing since gen 1 and had already done many XY episodes.
FC: 3840-6927-7945, have OR/Y/SM4SH/PSMD/S/US I'm a youtuber, here is my link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRj1lj8EWzRtw3jp3HUXCxQ? .I play games
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Tyranidomega

Tyranidomega
4 days ago#50
Anyone think this new series was made in response to the positive reception to both Origins and Generations?
FC: 1693-0953-3350.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. SPOILERS: The winner of the Sun and Moon league has been leaked
  • Post New Message