• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Why would people be interested in sinnoh remakes if they won't have a nat dex?

User Info: Axews

Axews
4 days ago#31
KurisuFenris posted...
Axews posted...
KurisuFenris posted...
I still kinda find it funny that people think sinnoh remakes are going to be a thing.

Why not?

Remakes of the past have worked by coping the same design of the original on to the newest generation.
Fire Red/Leaf Green onto Gen 3, Heart Gold/Soul Silver onto Gen 4, OrAs onto Gen 6.
You couldn't just take the design of Diamond and Pearl and put it onto SwSd engine, it just wouldn't work, They would have to redesign the entire game from the ground up.
And at that point you might as well just make a new game.
Plus, If they coutinue the Let's Go series, that kinda has the remakes covered.

While I believe we're getting another remake cycle with Let's Go, I still think we'll get Gen4 remakes. They have Pokémon designs, region and story made, now all they need is to just make it in a new style and engine. It's profitable for them to make a remake.

And Let's Go clearly shown us that we can get modern games that are grid-focused as well.
Hella strange.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: c0mpu73rguy

c0mpu73rguy
4 days ago#32
Moongeist posted...
To explore the region again?

That weird, the "region exploring" was the most boring aspect of gen 4 to me. I liked everything else but Sinnoh was pretty forgettable as a region.
It's always too soon until it's too late.

User Info: Solar_Crimson

Solar_Crimson
4 days ago#33
I don't trust current Game Freak to do a Sinnoh remake justice.
Be wary of boarding the hype train, lest you end up on the ruse cruise... - nanobuilder (r/nintendo)
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson
c0mpu73rguy posted...
Moongeist posted...
To explore the region again?

That weird, the "region exploring" was the most boring aspect of gen 4 to me. I liked everything else but Sinnoh was pretty forgettable as a region.

Huh? Sinnoh rewards exploration so much though

User Info: raphaelz

raphaelz
4 days ago#35
kinabalu posted...
wait... this might be a dumb question but the sinnoh starters will have to make it into the swsh dex right? how else would they be able to make a sinnoh remake?

Not really. For all we know, Sinnoh has half the Pokemon of SS and the other half will be made up of Pokemon not in SS.

Compatibility between SS and the Sinnoh remakes would be limited to Home most likely
raphaelz posted...
kinabalu posted...
wait... this might be a dumb question but the sinnoh starters will have to make it into the swsh dex right? how else would they be able to make a sinnoh remake?

Not really. For all we know, Sinnoh has half the Pokemon of SS and the other half will be made up of Pokemon not in SS.

Compatibility between SS and the Sinnoh remakes would be limited to Home most likely

Yeah, this. I doubt trading will be allowed between the Sinnoh remakes and SwSh

User Info: c0mpu73rguy

c0mpu73rguy
3 days ago#37
FabledFrogadier posted...
Huh? Sinnoh rewards exploration so much though

Probably, but it still was a plain region compared to its predecessor and successor. When Hoenn had forests, seas, a desert, a volcano and plenty of forests, Sinnoh was more a successions of roads and caves. The northern part could have been interesting since it is so different from the rest but, sadly, it's the slowest road of an already slow game.

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike anything in Sinnoh but still... It was boring.
It's always too soon until it's too late.

User Info: Zeta777

Zeta777
3 days ago#38
Sinnoh was just Mt. Coronet. Any region that is 1/3rd Zubat cave is a bad idea.

User Info: Finis-XII

Finis-XII
3 days ago#39
Xaessya posted...
listed on their website as a main series

Doesn't matter, appeal to authority fallacy.

The creator and company says it is.

Again, appeal to authority fallacy.

What makes you think it isn't?

It has none of the hallmarks or traits of a mainline installment. No new region, just Kanto again, no new pokémon, no new rival, etc. I thought this s*** was obvious already, but I guess some didn't get the memo.
"This close, I can hear your heart beating. Thump, thump...that's how you sound... <3" - Chie
https://m.imgur.com/gfiAZKK

User Info: Axews

Axews
3 days ago#40
Finis-XII posted...
Xaessya posted...
listed on their website as a main series

Doesn't matter, appeal to authority fallacy.

The creator and company says it is.

Again, appeal to authority fallacy.

What makes you think it isn't?

It has none of the hallmarks or traits of a mainline installment. No new region, just Kanto again, no new pokémon, no new rival, etc. I thought this s*** was obvious already, but I guess some didn't get the memo.

But remakes are considered mainline games...

I dunno, personally Let's go is partially mainlime but not fully. The catching mechanic made it more of a side game, but the remake nature and possibility of transfering mons into mainline gives it some traits if the mainline game.
Hella strange.
(edited 3 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Why would people be interested in sinnoh remakes if they won't have a nat dex?
  • Post New Message