• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Why would people be interested in sinnoh remakes if they won't have a nat dex?

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
6 days ago#21
Moongeist posted...
The same reasons I would be interested in it if it had the national Dex? To explore the region again?

This.

BalloonBattle05 posted...
not counting let's go as it wasn't a mainline game anyways especially since it cannot trade with alola

https://i.imgtc.ws/PxOvQCK.jpg

CardTamer posted...
Axews posted...
kinabalu posted...
wait... this might be a dumb question but the sinnoh starters will have to make it into the swsh dex right? how else would they be able to make a sinnoh remake?

With this whole Dexit, it's not even sure if SwoShi and Gen4 remakes will share the same dex and can battle with one another...

...because we can't just assume the whole Sinnoh dex is confirmed to be in SwoShi, right?

This is the main reason why I think Masuda and Gamefreak will backpedal on their "no Nat Dex in future games" stance: sticking to it would mean that ever game they release will be only able to battle with themselves and they'll have to have a separate VGC for each game.

I mean, I would hope that the games aren't fully compatible, at that point, otherwise only the first pairs will be gimped by having less mons/they'll have to prepare every single mon of every single Regional Dex at the start of a Generation, which would be hell.

Also, VGC always moves to the latest games, pretty much, so.

xF0x posted...
Sinnoh is my all time favorite region/game but after seeing what they've done with RSE it left without a single shred of desire to see it remade. Not like this. It doesn't help that it being on Switch automatically makes it worse by virtue of paid online, which is a slap to the face of the original Diamond/Pearl which introduced online to the series, completely free. And there isn't a second screen for poketch so whatever they'll do as a workaround will be inferior to the original experience, and DPP (well, mainly Platinum) had the best functionality of a dual screen setup in the series (XY's was very good as well but it's no poketch).

This is a POV I can very much agree with, tbh. I'm not sure they'd make as bad a job as they did with ORAS, but this is modern GF, we're talking about, so there's no end to the worst, I guess.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: Serum

Serum
6 days ago#22
ORAS did something HGSS didn't do however, and that's being inclusive of the new evolutions provided in the regional dex. From what I remember a lot of the new evolutions weren't obtainable in HGSS' regional dex, or they were but were incredibly tedious to obtain. (Such as winning the Bug competition on a specific day to get a shiny stone or something like that).

On topic though I'm really hoping at the very least, they use Platinum's regional dex. D/P was like G/S all over again. How are you gonna introduce new evolutions to old Pokémon then lock half of them outta the game until postgame? Gamefreak's thought process just boggles my mind
Even the very thought of opposition will not be tolerated!

User Info: FlameMagician

FlameMagician
6 days ago#23
kinabalu posted...
ohhhh i see... so we're getting just sinnoh mons for the sinnoh remake. but that's kinda weird... because isn't the issue that they don't have the time to make quality sprites for all of the pokemon? I mean, the way i see it, if they can make the entire sinnoh dex for the sinnoh remake, shouldn't they be able to reuse those sprites for the main games as well?

They already have all the assets for Gen I-VII Pokémon made...
FFXIV Loremaster
GFAQs FFXIV Board Discord https://discord.gg/2vhdf4K

User Info: Axews

Axews
6 days ago#24
DBKaiMagick posted...
I feel like pokemon home might cover this. it might be more than just a storage of all the pokemon and may let us battle each other as well.

I hope so. They said it'll have some playability options, I hope for trading and battling ^^

kinabalu posted...
ohhhh i see... so we're getting just sinnoh mons for the sinnoh remake. but that's kinda weird... because isn't the issue that they don't have the time to make quality sprites for all of the pokemon? I mean, the way i see it, if they can make the entire sinnoh dex for the sinnoh remake, shouldn't they be able to reuse those sprites for the main games as well?

FlameMagician posted...

No one knows how they are handling it. Models themselves and animations look exactly like on the 3DS, but maybe translating them into the new system is a huge problem. New shading, new textures, some new animations and what else? We can't say for sure what is that thing that makes programming all of the Pokémon into SwoShi that hard until we get into Gamefreak's offices and see it on their computer screens.

In my opinion Dexit wouldn't be a thing if they could release games rarer than yearly.
Hella strange.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: FlameMagician

FlameMagician
6 days ago#25
Axews posted...
DBKaiMagick posted...
I feel like pokemon home might cover this. it might be more than just a storage of all the pokemon and may let us battle each other as well.

I hope so. They said it'll have some playability options, I hope for trading and battling ^^

kinabalu posted...

FlameMagician posted...

No one knows how they are handling it. Models themselves and animations look exactly like on the 3DS, but maybe translating them into the new system is a huge problem. New shading, new textures, some new animations and what else? We can't say for sure what is that thing that makes programming all of the Pokémon into SwoShi that hard.

Ineptitude. Prrtty simple actually
FFXIV Loremaster
GFAQs FFXIV Board Discord https://discord.gg/2vhdf4K

User Info: KurisuFenris

KurisuFenris
6 days ago#26
I still kinda find it funny that people think sinnoh remakes are going to be a thing.

User Info: Luigi player

Luigi player
6 days ago#27
Hopefully the remakes won't be an excuse for them to not bring enough gen4 pokemon to sword/shield. "since they'll be done later anyway". And if they do use that excuse, then they better patch them to swsh later as well.

At least this can be seen as a reassurance that the gen 4 Pokemon will come back soon for those that don't make it.
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: Axews

Axews
6 days ago#28
KurisuFenris posted...
I still kinda find it funny that people think sinnoh remakes are going to be a thing.

Why not?
Hella strange.

User Info: Dumb-Fumbler

Dumb-Fumbler
6 days ago#29
Serum posted...
On topic though I'm really hoping at the very least, they use Platinum's regional dex. D/P was like G/S all over again. How are you gonna introduce new evolutions to old Pokémon then lock half of them outta the game until postgame? Gamefreak's thought process just boggles my mind
It would probably be a bit bigger than platinum’s regional dex.

On another note: BW remakes are due within the next 7-8 years.
Icicle Crash + Heat Crash = Waterfall

User Info: KurisuFenris

KurisuFenris
6 days ago#30
Axews posted...
KurisuFenris posted...

Why not?

Remakes of the past have worked by coping the same design of the original on to the newest generation.
Fire Red/Leaf Green onto Gen 3, Heart Gold/Soul Silver onto Gen 4, OrAs onto Gen 6.
You couldn't just take the design of Diamond and Pearl and put it onto SwSd engine, it just wouldn't work, They would have to redesign the entire game from the ground up.
And at that point you might as well just make a new game.
Plus, If they coutinue the Let's Go series, that kinda has the remakes covered.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Why would people be interested in sinnoh remakes if they won't have a nat dex?
  • Post New Message