• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Why would people be interested in sinnoh remakes if they won't have a nat dex?

User Info: DeltaSilver88

DeltaSilver88
6 days ago#11
kinabalu posted...
ohhhh i see... so we're getting just sinnoh mons for the sinnoh remake. but that's kinda weird... because isn't the issue that they don't have the time to make quality sprites for all of the pokemon? I mean, the way i see it, if they can make the entire sinnoh dex for the sinnoh remake, shouldn't they be able to reuse those sprites for the main games as well?

People seem to think it's an excuse, but it seems they only have time to do the ones for the Galar region right now (they're rushing it, probably started too late... the idiots).

They'll probably have time to make the quality Sinnoh sprites after they're done releasing SwSh - or years from now. We still don't know if there's going to be a Sinnoh remake at all.
...I became a Super Robot Wars fangirl without playing the games. Bite me.

User Info: Hbthebattle

Hbthebattle
6 days ago#12
Leon481 posted...
Sinnoh had a decent Pokedex to begin with, so even without National Dex it would still be fine. Not as exciting, but fine.

Meanwhile we would gain graphical upgrades to an already interesting region, potential removal of HM dependence (PLEASE), and the old story under the more developed battle system. It has some merit.

rocky505 posted...
Zeta777 posted...
I hope you guys like being restricted to 3 Fire Type Pokemon!

I hope you know they will very likely use the Platinum Sinnoh Dex to avoid that issue again.

I'd hope so, but they didn't use the Emerald dex in ORAS, so it may not be exactly likely.

They would need to rework the dex overall. Each of the 3 version had issues. Diamond and Pearl had a barebones dex while Platinum had important Pokemon like Glameow, Stunky, Misdreavus, and Murkrow being uncatchable. The ideal Pokedex would be somewhere in the middle of all three games.

Emerald didn't add any Pokemon to the RS Dex. All the Johto mons catchable in it are postgame.
Patience.

User Info: CardTamer

CardTamer
6 days ago#13
Axews posted...
kinabalu posted...
wait... this might be a dumb question but the sinnoh starters will have to make it into the swsh dex right? how else would they be able to make a sinnoh remake?

With this whole Dexit, it's not even sure if SwoShi and Gen4 remakes will share the same dex and can battle with one another...

...because we can't just assume the whole Sinnoh dex is confirmed to be in SwoShi, right?

This is the main reason why I think Masuda and Gamefreak will backpedal on their "no Nat Dex in future games" stance: sticking to it would mean that ever game they release will be only able to battle with themselves and they'll have to have a separate VGC for each game.
"Sometimes crazy works." -Optimus Primal

User Info: Finis-XII

Finis-XII
6 days ago#14
Dumb-Fumbler posted...
it’s a mainline game

No it isn't.
"This close, I can hear your heart beating. Thump, thump...that's how you sound... <3" - Chie
https://m.imgur.com/gfiAZKK

User Info: xxdudeyy

xxdudeyy
6 days ago#15
I wonder what this will sound like in the remakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtzPna9yFjg
Gday

User Info: DBKaiMagick

DBKaiMagick
6 days ago#16
CardTamer posted...
Axews posted...
kinabalu posted...
wait... this might be a dumb question but the sinnoh starters will have to make it into the swsh dex right? how else would they be able to make a sinnoh remake?

With this whole Dexit, it's not even sure if SwoShi and Gen4 remakes will share the same dex and can battle with one another...

...because we can't just assume the whole Sinnoh dex is confirmed to be in SwoShi, right?

This is the main reason why I think Masuda and Gamefreak will backpedal on their "no Nat Dex in future games" stance: sticking to it would mean that ever game they release will be only able to battle with themselves and they'll have to have a separate VGC for each game.

I feel like pokemon home might cover this. it might be more than just a storage of all the pokemon and may let us battle each other as well.

User Info: Xaessya

Xaessya
6 days ago#17
Finis-XII posted...
No it isn't.
Its listed on their website as a main series.
The creator and company says it is.
What makes you think it isn't?

User Info: xF0x

xF0x
6 days ago#18
Sinnoh is my all time favorite region/game but after seeing what they've done with RSE it left me without a single shred of desire to see it remade. Not like this. It doesn't help that it being on Switch automatically makes it worse by virtue of paid online, which is a slap to the face of the original Diamond/Pearl which introduced online to the series, completely free. And there isn't a second screen for poketch so whatever they'll do as a workaround will be inferior to the original experience, and DPP (well, mainly Platinum) had the best functionality of a dual screen setup in the series (XY's was very good as well but it's no poketch).

Only after all of these problems does the lack of Nat Dex slam the final nail in the remakes' coffin.
Everything will be fire.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: ssj_duelist

ssj_duelist
6 days ago#19
BalloonBattle05 posted...
Remakes (not counting let's go as it wasn't a mainline game anyways especially since it cannot trade with alola) always had all pokemon up to that point
Because they'll have the full sinnohdex
Playing:
PS4: Spyro 3, Crash Team Racing. N.Switch: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Astral Chain. SNES Mini: Zelda ALttP. 3DS: Pokemon Moon. Mobile: DQI

User Info: ssj_duelist

ssj_duelist
6 days ago#20
Leon481 posted...
Sinnoh had a decent Pokedex to begin with, so even without National Dex it would still be fine. Not as exciting, but fine.

Meanwhile we would gain graphical upgrades to an already interesting region, potential removal of HM dependence (PLEASE), and the old story under the more developed battle system. It has some merit.

I'd hope so, but they didn't use the Emerald dex in ORAS, so it may not be exactly likely.

They would need to rework the dex overall. Each of the 3 version had issues. Diamond and Pearl had a barebones dex while Platinum had important Pokemon like Glameow, Stunky, Misdreavus, and Murkrow being uncatchable. The ideal Pokedex would be somewhere in the middle of all three games.
The Emerald dex is the same as the Hoenndex. I dont think you're remembering Emerald correctly.
Playing:
PS4: Spyro 3, Crash Team Racing. N.Switch: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Astral Chain. SNES Mini: Zelda ALttP. 3DS: Pokemon Moon. Mobile: DQI
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Why would people be interested in sinnoh remakes if they won't have a nat dex?
  • Post New Message