• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Why would people be interested in sinnoh remakes if they won't have a nat dex?
Remakes (not counting let's go as it wasn't a mainline game anyways especially since it cannot trade with alola) always had all pokemon up to that point
If locking online play behind a paywall with irrelevant games is a service then bricking your phone and not removing the brick without a fee is also a service.

User Info: Dumb-Fumbler

Dumb-Fumbler
5 days ago#2
BalloonBattle05 posted...
not counting let's go as it wasn't a mainline game anyways

yes.... yes it is.

it’s a mainline game.

its a remake of Yellow.
Icicle Crash + Heat Crash = Waterfall
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
5 days ago#3
The same reasons I would be interested in it if it had the national Dex? To explore the region again?
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Zeta777

Zeta777
5 days ago#4
I hope you guys like being restricted to 3 Fire Type Pokemon!

User Info: rocky505

rocky505
5 days ago#5
Zeta777 posted...

I hope you know they will very likely use the Platinum Sinnoh Dex to avoid that issue again.
3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794
XBL Gamertag: Publickam

User Info: Leon481

Leon481
4 days ago#6
Sinnoh had a decent Pokedex to begin with, so even without National Dex it would still be fine. Not as exciting, but fine.

Meanwhile we would gain graphical upgrades to an already interesting region, potential removal of HM dependence (PLEASE), and the old story under the more developed battle system. It has some merit.

rocky505 posted...
Zeta777 posted...

I hope you know they will very likely use the Platinum Sinnoh Dex to avoid that issue again.

I'd hope so, but they didn't use the Emerald dex in ORAS, so it may not be exactly likely.

They would need to rework the dex overall. Each of the 3 version had issues. Diamond and Pearl had a barebones dex while Platinum had important Pokemon like Glameow, Stunky, Misdreavus, and Murkrow being uncatchable. The ideal Pokedex would be somewhere in the middle of all three games.

User Info: kinabalu

kinabalu
4 days ago#7
wait... this might be a dumb question but the sinnoh starters will have to make it into the swsh dex right? how else would they be able to make a sinnoh remake?
FC: 1521-9033-9739

User Info: Axews

Axews
4 days ago#8
kinabalu posted...
wait... this might be a dumb question but the sinnoh starters will have to make it into the swsh dex right? how else would they be able to make a sinnoh remake?

With this whole Dexit, it's not even sure if SwoShi and Gen4 remakes will share the same dex and can battle with one another...

...because we can't just assume the whole Sinnoh dex is confirmed to be in SwoShi, right?
Hella strange.

User Info: DeltaSilver88

DeltaSilver88
4 days ago#9
kinabalu posted...

They'll probably start making Switch-quality sprites of Sinnoh Pokémon when it's time to make the remake - IIRC they mentioned they'll use all the previous Pokémon in the future, but the Nat dex will never be a thing again. We'll only get regional dexes for all upcoming games so for Sinnoh we'll get Sinnoh mons, for Unova Unova mons, for Kalos Kalos mons, etc.
...I became a Super Robot Wars fangirl without playing the games. Bite me.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: kinabalu

kinabalu
4 days ago#10
ohhhh i see... so we're getting just sinnoh mons for the sinnoh remake. but that's kinda weird... because isn't the issue that they don't have the time to make quality sprites for all of the pokemon? I mean, the way i see it, if they can make the entire sinnoh dex for the sinnoh remake, shouldn't they be able to reuse those sprites for the main games as well?
FC: 1521-9033-9739
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Why would people be interested in sinnoh remakes if they won't have a nat dex?
  • Post New Message