• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. This has been the lamest "hype" cycle for a new Pokemon generation.
DoctorPiranha3 posted...
We were shown all of Smash Ultimate before release. Did not hurt hype or the game at all.

Imagine pretending a 2D fighter revision released so soon after the original is comparable.
"Sony's not a Japanese company anymore just America's dog."
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9212646.html

User Info: DoctorPiranha3

DoctorPiranha3
4 days ago#72
GallantChaddymn posted...
DoctorPiranha3 posted...
We were shown all of Smash Ultimate before release. Did not hurt hype or the game at all.

Imagine pretending a 2D fighter revision released so soon after the original is comparable.

wat
Blue-Lemon-Z posted...
I'm glad most people can agree on this topic, but.............even if you're a longtime pokemon fan (not fanboy, who loves pokemon no matter what s*** it regurgitates), how could you even be "hyped" for this game? Looking forward to playing, yes I can understand, but being actually hyped for the bare-minimum of a console pokemon game? That can't even be assed to have all the pokemon despite it looking like it reused the last game's graphics and gameplay?

I think at this point pokemon has become completely stale, and you're pretty much going to get what you see. Besides a few plot twists and hidden secrets the trailers won't show you, of course.

I never arbitrarily raised my expectations for the game just cuz ite OB a "home console".

User Info: c0mpu73rguy

c0mpu73rguy
4 days ago#74
A true pokémon fan should know that when it comes to Game Freaks, you should never expect anything. It's sad we have come to that since Heartgold and Soulsilver but here we are...
It's always too soon until it's too late.
Blue-Lemon-Z posted...
I'm glad most people can agree on this topic, but.............even if you're a longtime pokemon fan (not fanboy, who loves pokemon no matter what s*** it regurgitates), how could you even be "hyped" for this game? Looking forward to playing, yes I can understand, but being actually hyped for the bare-minimum of a console pokemon game? That can't even be assed to have all the pokemon despite it looking like it reused the last game's graphics and gameplay?

I think at this point pokemon has become completely stale, and you're pretty much going to get what you see. Besides a few plot twists and hidden secrets the trailers won't show you, of course.

I never arbitrarily raised my expectations for the game just cuz its on a "home console". And given past console entries, as well as the scope of the series, it baffles me anyone did.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. This has been the lamest "hype" cycle for a new Pokemon generation.
  • Post New Message