• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. This has been the lamest "hype" cycle for a new Pokemon generation.

User Info: MaKoTiS_MoN

MaKoTiS_MoN
1 week ago#41
Moongeist posted...
MaKoTiS_MoN posted...
You guys really think everyone's asking for story spoilers and puzzle spoilers and such?
Missing the point real hard here.

No, I'm counting new Pokemon as something that's more fun to discover on your own

Which is why I didn't mention it.
I referred to new features, unique gameplay elements, and interesting town layouts and different environments.
ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............
DragonGod12 posted...
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
Holy f***, a hype downer killed the hype which no one denied. More at 11.
That any reasonable person knew was going to come eventually, specifically after sun and moon didn't have the Dex part of the national dex

That doesn't make the point less valid, but let's break down why this is bunk.

They made 5 games previously incompatible with current games compatible, handed out distributions like candy for the last 3 years, just advertised a transfer service to SS from the current games including the previous incompatible ones not even a week before the announcement was made. They made no mention of the transfer restrictions then, wonder why....

Yeah, who would have EVER thought THESE games would have been the cutoff point.🤔

I know you're being contrary, but get real, this was the absolute worst way this could have been communicated. Gamefreak deserves this backlash.
3DS Friend Code:0044 4173 2062
IGN: Is Abram/Abe.....Friend Safari: Steel - Klang/Magneton/Klefki Gen 6 TSV: 1607 GEN 7 TSV: 3556
(edited 1 week ago)
Solar_Crimson posted...
Yeah, I'm definitely less hyped for these games than I was for previous new generations. As someone mentioned, the Dexit situation has a lot to do with it.

Overall, it's starting to make me question if I should continue supporting this series going forward.

Same. The day this was mentioned was the very last day I even picked up a game or brought a tcg pack for the kids tbh.
3DS Friend Code:0044 4173 2062
IGN: Is Abram/Abe.....Friend Safari: Steel - Klang/Magneton/Klefki Gen 6 TSV: 1607 GEN 7 TSV: 3556

User Info: Trickster-0

Trickster-0
1 week ago#44
What would they promote? The decreasingly low number of new pokemon? All the features they are removing? The 3d world that while not horrible on it's own, pales in comparison to nearly everything else on the switch?

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
1 week ago#45
MaKoTiS_MoN posted...
I referred to new features, unique gameplay elements, and interesting town layouts and different environments.

1) Where did you do that
2) Even if you had, the Pokemon reveals are the only thing they've shown substantially less of than the past couple generations, so your point is moot
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: crazyseandx

crazyseandx
1 week ago#46
Gen 7 would like a word with you.
Hey, I gots a YouTube if ya curious.
https://www.youtube.com/user/crazyseandx

User Info: Trickster-0

Trickster-0
1 week ago#47
DragonGod12 posted...
Holy f***, a hype downer killed the hype which no one denied. More at 11.
That any reasonable person knew was going to come eventually, specifically after sun and moon didn't have the Dex part of the national dex

That doesn't make the point less valid, but let's break down why this is bunk.

They made 5 games previously incompatible with current games compatible, handed out distributions like candy for the last 3 years, just advertised a transfer service to SS from the current games including the previous incompatible ones not even a week before the announcement was made. They made no mention of the transfer restrictions then, wonder why....

Yeah, who would have EVER thought THESE games would have been the cutoff point.🤔

I know you're being contrary, but get real, this was the absolute worst way this could have been communicated. Gamefreak deserves this backlash.

If you're talking about the VC release of gen 1 and 2, that's either 2 or 6 games, depending on how you count. Where is that 5 coming from?
Also, there shouldn't ever be a cutoff point because there is no need for it and everything against it.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
1 week ago#48

Them announcing it clearly 5 months in advance is the worst way they could have communicated it?
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /

User Info: Stezey

Stezey
1 week ago#49
I am not hyped at all which is sad..but yeah OP you are right cause there is just no hype at all
3926-9849-8033 FC ! Playing Pokemon Sun

User Info: DeltaSilver88

DeltaSilver88
1 week ago#50
Sammuthegreat posted...
Moongeist posted...
The hype is certainly less but if it turns out that's just because they're hiding more, that's fine with me. I'd rather have more to discover in-game.

You honestly wouldn't think the games are out in, what, 10 weeks?

There's always the chance their game is so barebones they have to push back the release date. ...Who knows, maybe they're revealing less stuff because they're preparing to undo Dexit.

I honestly don't care about Dexit personally (I tend to be more hyped for new Pokémon than returning ones... the returning ones just eat up space that should belong to new stuff; honestly, I would much rather have 150 new Pokémon and 200 old ones than 300 old ones and 50 new), but I can see why people would be attached to their old Pokémon.
...I became a Super Robot Wars fangirl without playing the games. Bite me.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. This has been the lamest "hype" cycle for a new Pokemon generation.
  • Post New Message