• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. This has been the lamest "hype" cycle for a new Pokemon generation.

User Info: Solar_Crimson

Solar_Crimson
1 week ago#31
Yeah, I'm definitely less hyped for these games than I was for previous new generations. As someone mentioned, the Dexit situation has a lot to do with it.

Overall, it's starting to make me question if I should continue supporting this series going forward.
Be wary of boarding the hype train, lest you end up on the ruse cruise... - nanobuilder (r/nintendo)
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson
Moongeist posted...
felica posted...
This is hilarious

Smash bros ultimate showed everything. No one complained.

I'm pretty sure discovery/surprise has always been a much bigger part of adventure games/RPGs than fighting games
FC: 4554-0551-0272 | IGN: TheHungryBox
The Offical Kommo-o of Smash Bros. boards + Ganondorf and Daisy main. The corporations are stupid and corrupted AF

User Info: omniryu

omniryu
1 week ago#33
I am moderately hyped
PSN/XBL: OMNIRYU
Switch FC: 5419 6809 0486

User Info: Blue-Lemon-Z

Blue-Lemon-Z
1 week ago#34
I'm glad most people can agree on this topic, but.............even if you're a longtime pokemon fan (not fanboy, who loves pokemon no matter what s*** it regurgitates), how could you even be "hyped" for this game? Looking forward to playing, yes I can understand, but being actually hyped for the bare-minimum of a console pokemon game? That can't even be assed to have all the pokemon despite it looking like it reused the last game's graphics and gameplay?

I think at this point pokemon has become completely stale, and you're pretty much going to get what you see. Besides a few plot twists and hidden secrets the trailers won't show you, of course.
"I'm being harassed by a toaster"
Blue Lemons make the best topics.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: MaKoTiS_MoN

MaKoTiS_MoN
1 week ago#35
quintonshark163 posted...
Moongeist posted...
felica posted...
This is hilarious

Smash bros ultimate showed everything. No one complained.

I'm pretty sure discovery/surprise has always been a much bigger part of adventure games/RPGs than fighting games

You guys really think everyone's asking for story spoilers and puzzle spoilers and such?
Missing the point real hard here.
ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
1 week ago#36
MaKoTiS_MoN posted...
You guys really think everyone's asking for story spoilers and puzzle spoilers and such?

No, I'm counting new Pokemon as something that's more fun to discover on your own
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /

User Info: DoctorPiranha3

DoctorPiranha3
1 week ago#37
Moongeist posted...
MaKoTiS_MoN posted...

No, I'm counting new Pokemon as something that's more fun to discover on your own

I'm pretty sure the majority of Pokemon players look at the new Pokemon before starting a game. Plan teams and etc. As far back as RBY, Nintendo released all the Pokemon info and told you where/hoe to catch and evolve them.

User Info: Galar

Galar
1 week ago#38
Yes, the marketing is not as exciting as XY or SM. Let's see... if they're just showing less and don't just have less to show, I'm sure most people will enjoy the games more.

The latest trailer convinced me to be a bit more optimistic about the content, at the very least in terms of new Pokemon.
"Maybe people who are sad can choose Sobble. (Laughs)" - Junichi Masuda
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: DarthVashti

DarthVashti
1 week ago#39
DoctorPiranha3 posted...
Even beyond the negative backlash, Nintendo hasn't really been promoting the game well like they have in the past for Pokemon. It's like they seriously don't care anymore.

If all people are gonna do is pick apart all the promotional material looking for even the tiniest thing wrong I sure as s*** wouldn’t put very much fodder out there either
Not a quality poster

User Info: felica

felica
1 week ago#40
Then again to be fair. Everything they HAVE shown is just a slap to the face of removing pokemon to begin with. They are removing pokemon to add curry mini games. Lmfao. I doubt anything they show will be met with positive reception to begin with other then maybe battle frontier/PWT equivalents.

Only thing about Gen 8 i'm looking forward to is showdown's ladder.
Patiently waiting for KH3 Final Mix/Pokemon Shield
3DS FC-5000-7114-0158 TSV-2787 IGN-Evan
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. This has been the lamest "hype" cycle for a new Pokemon generation.
  • Post New Message