• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. This has been the lamest "hype" cycle for a new Pokemon generation.
Well all my hype was killed when Dexit was announced so....🤷
3DS Friend Code:0044 4173 2062
IGN: Is Abram/Abe.....Friend Safari: Steel - Klang/Magneton/Klefki Gen 6 TSV: 1607 GEN 7 TSV: 3556

User Info: c0mpu73rguy

c0mpu73rguy
1 week ago#12
I personally prefer SwSh's handling of its promotional campaign over Sun and Moon (well, except the whole Dexit debacle). At least, we will still have SOME surprises. Unless they reveal everything one week before release of course.
It's always too soon until it's too late.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Sammuthegreat

Sammuthegreat
1 week ago#13
Moongeist posted...
The hype is certainly less but if it turns out that's just because they're hiding more, that's fine with me. I'd rather have more to discover in-game.

This is the glass-half-full view, for sure... Even if this is true, they've gone way too far in the opposite direction from the Sun/Moon "reveal everything" approach. There's a happy medium and this ain't it. You honestly wouldn't think the games are out in, what, 10 weeks?

Course the half-empty view is that, as suggested above, there just isn't much to spoil...
Let's be real. Most of u only feel that way because of Dexit.
"Sony's not a Japanese company anymore just America's dog."
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9212646.html

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
1 week ago#15
Sammuthegreat posted...
Moongeist posted...
The hype is certainly less but if it turns out that's just because they're hiding more, that's fine with me. I'd rather have more to discover in-game.

This is the glass-half-full view, for sure... Even if this is true, they've gone way too far in the opposite direction from the Sun/Moon "reveal everything" approach. There's a happy medium and this ain't it. You honestly wouldn't think the games are out in, what, 10 weeks?

Course the half-empty view is that, as suggested above, there just isn't much to spoil...

I'm honestly fine with it, a happy medium would be fine but the less they show me the better (at least as far as the new Pokemon Pokemon are concerned). I completely understand the half-glass empty perspective and encourage anyone on the fence about it to wait and see what's in it before buying, but their recent reveals and how those line up with the leak have me pretty convinced that they're holding back.
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /

User Info: AlfredoJones

AlfredoJones
1 week ago#16
I find it kind of refreshing after Gen 7 spoiled pretty much the entire game before the damn thing even came out. While it’s possible that they don’t have anything to show I’m more willing to bet that they are holding back info so that there will be something to surprise us with.
You can't fool me, 'cause I'm a moron!
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2960-9608-3596
AlfredoJones posted...
I find it kind of refreshing after Gen 7 spoiled pretty much the entire game before the damn thing even came out. While it’s possible that they don’t have anything to show I’m more willing to bet that they are holding back info so that there will be something to surprise us with.

Same

"Sony's not a Japanese company anymore just America's dog."
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9212646.html

User Info: Leon481

Leon481
1 week ago#18
GallantChaddymn posted...
AlfredoJones posted...

Same

Agreed.

The lack of information does feel rough because of the insane negativity and lack of general positivity in the community right now. Still, I'll take it as opposed to being spoiled about literally everything like in SM,

User Info: BrightStar7

BrightStar7
1 week ago#19
There was a lot of things wrong with gen 7 but as I keep pointing out, the reveal cycle wasn't one of them. Is it the marketing teams fault that the games were barebones so they "spoiled everything". They revealed less than gen 5. And did their job which was to make consumers hype for their product.
"I had no choice but to choose the quality." - Junichi Masuda

User Info: Rydershigh

Rydershigh
1 week ago#20
Moongeist posted...

This is the main fault of the fan base, it doesn’t hurt to be overly-optimistic but with this type of expectation, your destined to be disappointed

Or the other direction where your standards are so criminally low that anything can please you, so you defend the game for being a masterpiece...while in reality it’s a relic trying to be reborn without color
*FC:414-1957-7120
OU for NU
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. This has been the lamest "hype" cycle for a new Pokemon generation.
  • Post New Message