• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Why do people like the idea of a national dex cut?

User Info: omniryu

omniryu
1 week ago#31
ZoneDrones posted...
if not now then when is a good time?

the answer will be never. because whether it's pokemon sword or pokemon thundercloud that comes out in 50 years people will never think it's a good time.

and the later they hold it off for, the more pokemon they'd be adding, which means the more pokemon they'd need to cut eventually which then means the more upset people will be.

so yeah there is no better time than now

No, they could simply have one Pokémon game per generation with a remake of a region in between games.
PSN/XBL: OMNIRYU
Switch FC: 5419 6809 0486

User Info: omniryu

omniryu
1 week ago#32
@Conn_Eremon posted...
I am one who likes it, though I do sympathize with everyone who is adversely affected by it.

For myself, I see this being two distinctive issues.

1. Transferring
A lot of people do this, and I can relate to their disappointment. But I have never, and will never do this myself. So I'm utterly unaffected by this issue.

2. Catching/Using Favorites
I have my favorites, but I don't use them outside of their gen of introduction (though I join Gens 1&2). When i play either Sword or Shield, I'm only going to use Galarian pokemon. So again, I'm utterly unaffected by this issue.

So for both of the issues this boils down to, there is zero negative impact for me. But, I can foresee one positive impact: Gotta Catch 'Em All.

I haven't been this interested in catching all available Pokemon since Gen 3. I don't want to trade for everything, I just want to catch what is available. That sounds feasible once more.

But like I said, I respect those who are not pleased about these changes. But simply due to the way I have always played and enjoyed Pokemon, this is a net positive for me.
.... how?
PSN/XBL: OMNIRYU
Switch FC: 5419 6809 0486

User Info: felica

felica
1 week ago#33
Hbthebattle posted...
Banning Meta Knight and Icies did actually make Brawl far more balanced

It didn't. Diddy and Olimar just rose to the top while removing one of olimar's hard counters (MK)

And even then they didn't remove MK and ICIES from the game. What you are suggesting is what fans have been suggesting for years. For Nintendo to just do a god damn ban list ala showdown. But no. They think actually removing entire pokemon from the actual game is a better idea.
Patiently waiting for KH3 Final Mix/Pokemon Shield
3DS FC-5000-7114-0158 TSV-2787 IGN-Evan
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Conn_Eremon

Conn_Eremon
1 week ago#34
omniryu posted...
@
.... how?

Three impacts, two of which I am neutral on and one which is a positive.

shrug Don't know what else to say.

User Info: ForteEXE3850

ForteEXE3850
1 week ago#35
The argument that the game will be more balanced with less Pokemon hinges on the fact that Game Freak will care about choosing Pokemon for Galar based on competitive game balance reasons rather than popularity, recognizability, and marketability which is hilariously naive.
Mwahahahaha.

User Info: Hbthebattle

Hbthebattle
1 week ago#36
ForteEXE3850 posted...
The argument that the game will be more balanced with less Pokemon hinges on the fact that Game Freak will care about choosing Pokemon for Galar based on competitive game balance reasons rather than popularity, recognizability, and marketability which is hilariously naive.

Ah yes, Maractus and Qwilfish, the most popular, recognizable, and marketable Pokemon
Patience.

User Info: IngSlayer

IngSlayer
1 week ago#37
Friendly reminder that Ultra Sun and moon were trash.

User Info: ForteEXE3850

ForteEXE3850
1 week ago#38
Hbthebattle posted...
ForteEXE3850 posted...

Ah yes, Maractus and Qwilfish, the most popular, recognizable, and marketable Pokemon

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-texas-sharpshooter

Although the Pokemon you picked don't demonstrate "choosing Pokemon for Galar based on competitive game balance reasons" either.
Mwahahahaha.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: DeltaSilver88

DeltaSilver88
1 week ago#39
ForteEXE3850 posted...
Hbthebattle posted...
ForteEXE3850 posted...

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-texas-sharpshooter

Although the Pokemon you picked don't demonstrate "choosing Pokemon for Galar based on competitive game balance reasons" either.

They seem to have been added as a "...why the hell are they here?" option.
...I became a Super Robot Wars fangirl without playing the games. Bite me.

User Info: zoedacat

zoedacat
1 week ago#40
I think they just did it so they don't have to program every mon.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Why do people like the idea of a national dex cut?
  • Post New Message