• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Are people still pretending removing the national dex is a good thing?

User Info: DonnyG

DonnyG
1 month ago#11
Galar posted...
Lying and greed is unethical.

DonnyG posted...
Unethical would be placing mons behind a paywall.

Your wish will be granted in the future if you keep this up.

Remind me where I asked for that in my post.

Keep trolling tho.

User Info: HashtagSEP

HashtagSEP
1 month ago#12
DarkChozoGhost posted...
Crudelitas posted...
It's not unethical. Unethical would have been, to let people find out by themselves after they uploaded everything to home.

Pokemon Bank is a paid service that was released with the promise that it would allow you to take you pokemon to all future games. Utilizing a fine print loophole (they didn't say ALL pokemon to future games) to subvert the implication of a promise does not make it ethical, even if it makes it legal. Rolling back promises on a paid service is unethical, period.

If you can point out advertising that actually says "You can transfer these Pokemon to all future games," I'll agree with you. I can't find it, myself. The trailers and stuff don't even push transferring much, they mainly push it as a place to store Pokemon, hence the name Pokemon Bank.

So it's not really unethical.
#SEP #Awesome #Excellent #Greatness #SteveNash #VitaminWater #SmellingLikeTheVault #Pigeon #Sexy #ActuallyAVeryIntelligentVelociraptor #Heel #CoolSpot #EndOfSig

User Info: dragulas

dragulas
1 month ago#13
DarkChozoGhost posted...
DonnyG posted...
You should probably refresh your understanding of the word unethical. Because this ain't it.

Rolling back promises on a paid service through a fine print loophole is objectively unethical.

+1
donny btfo

User Info: Hbthebattle

Hbthebattle
1 month ago#14
dragulas posted...
yes, they are
the shills will be here any minute

REEE WHY WON'T YOU AGREE WITH ME f***ING SHILL WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Patience.

User Info: Crudelitas

Crudelitas
1 month ago#15
ShadowZangoose posted...
Crudelitas posted...
It's not unethical. Unethical would have been, to let people find out by themselves after they uploaded everything to home.

Oh, wouldn't that be a massive kick in the teeth?

"I can't wait to send over my 5IV mon to Shield!"

"You cannot transfer this Pokémon."

"Guys, I uploaded all my shinies to home, but I can't transfer them to Sword. How do I get them back?"

"You don't."

"What happens if my subscription runs out?"

"They get deleted."

"D:)"

DarkChozoGhost posted...
Pokemon Bank is a paid service that was released with the promise that it would allow you to take you pokemon to all future games. Utilizing a fine print loophole (they didn't say ALL pokemon to future games) to subvert the implication of a promise does not make it ethical, even if it makes it legal. Rolling back promises on a paid service is unethical, period.

Bank lets you transfer all pkmn to home. You no longer need bank after that and can stop paying for it.
There is no path to git gud, for gitin' gud is the path.

DonnyG
1 month ago#16
DarkChozoGhost posted...
DonnyG posted...
You should probably refresh your understanding of the word unethical. Because this ain't it.

Rolling back promises on a paid service through a fine print loophole is objectively unethical.

You should probably refresh your understanding of the word promises while you're at it.

DonnyG
1 month ago#17
dragulas posted...
DarkChozoGhost posted...
DonnyG posted...

+1
donny btfo

It's not GFs fault you can't understand words as they're written. You know what happens when you ASSume

User Info: Hbthebattle

Hbthebattle
1 month ago#18
Crudelitas posted...
ShadowZangoose posted...
Crudelitas posted...

Oh, wouldn't that be a massive kick in the teeth?

"I can't wait to send over my 5IV mon to Shield!"

"You cannot transfer this Pokémon."

"Guys, I uploaded all my shinies to home, but I can't transfer them to Sword. How do I get them back?"

"You don't."

"What happens if my subscription runs out?"

"They get deleted."

Bank doesn't delete iirc, why would Home?
Patience.

User Info: dragulas

dragulas
1 month ago#19
Hbthebattle posted...
dragulas posted...
yes, they are
the shills will be here any minute

REEE WHY WON'T YOU AGREE WITH ME f***ING SHILL WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

you sound triggered
didn't get your masuda coins this month?

User Info: ShadowZangoose

ShadowZangoose
1 month ago#20
Bank claims to delete, but whether this has actually happened to anybody yet is anyone's guess.

my Pokémon seemed to be fine after about three years?
eyy b0ss
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Are people still pretending removing the national dex is a good thing?
  • Topic Archived