• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Are people still pretending removing the national dex is a good thing?

User Info: DarkChozoGhost

DarkChozoGhost
1 week ago#1
I know people "don't care," but are there actually people still pretending it's a positive change to defend gamefreak's unethical decision?
My sister's dog bit a hole in my Super Mario Land cartridge. It still works though - Skye Reynolds
3DS FC: 3239-5612-0115

User Info: Byakuren

Byakuren
1 week ago#2
Yes

User Info: Crudelitas

Crudelitas
1 week ago#3
It's not unethical. Unethical would have been, to let people find out by themselves after they uploaded everything to home.
There is no path to git gud, for gitin' gud is the path.

User Info: dragulas

dragulas
1 week ago#4
yes, they are
the shills will be here any minute

User Info: ShadowZangoose

ShadowZangoose
1 week ago#5
Crudelitas posted...
It's not unethical. Unethical would have been, to let people find out by themselves after they uploaded everything to home.

Oh, wouldn't that be a massive kick in the teeth?

"I can't wait to send over my 5IV mon to Shield!"

"You cannot transfer this Pokémon."
eyy b0ss

DarkChozoGhost
1 week ago#6
Crudelitas posted...

Pokemon Bank is a paid service that was released with the promise that it would allow you to take you pokemon to all future games. Utilizing a fine print loophole (they didn't say ALL pokemon to future games) to subvert the implication of a promise does not make it ethical, even if it makes it legal. Rolling back promises on a paid service is unethical, period.
My sister's dog bit a hole in my Super Mario Land cartridge. It still works though - Skye Reynolds

User Info: dragulas

dragulas
1 week ago#7
DarkChozoGhost posted...
Crudelitas posted...

Pokemon Bank is a paid service that was released with the promise that it would allow you to take you pokemon to all future games. Utilizing a fine print loophole (they didn't say ALL pokemon to future games) to subvert the implication of a promise does not make it ethical, even if it makes it legal. Rolling back promises on a paid service is unethical, period.

preach brother!

User Info: DonnyG

DonnyG
1 week ago#8
You should probably refresh your understanding of the word unethical. Because this ain't it.

Unethical would be placing mons behind a paywall.

User Info: Galar

Galar
1 week ago#9
Lying and greed is unethical.

DonnyG posted...

Your wish will be granted in the future if you keep this up.
"Maybe people who are sad can choose Sobble. (Laughs)" - Junichi Masuda

DarkChozoGhost
1 week ago#10
DonnyG posted...
You should probably refresh your understanding of the word unethical. Because this ain't it.

Rolling back promises on a paid service through a fine print loophole is objectively unethical.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Are people still pretending removing the national dex is a good thing?
  • Post New Message