• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Would there be as much of an uproar if they announced the Dex thing years go?

User Info: IMONFIREGUY

IMONFIREGUY
1 month ago#11
Hbthebattle posted...
People got mad in Gens 3 and 5

They both could still get all Pokémon though one required all gen 3 games to get them all including GameCube while the other had transfer features post game but you needed 2 DSs to do it. But this is kind of a “seen this; different coat of paint” situation

User Info: shagohad3

shagohad3
1 month ago#12
At the end of the day, the issue is time. If they had another year or so, they could probably do it. But because they don't wanna make a filler arc or two for the anime they're shackled to this quick release schedule.
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!

User Info: JT_Diamond

JT_Diamond
1 month ago#13
IMONFIREGUY posted...

They both could still get all Pokémon though one required all gen 3 games to get them all including GameCube while the other had transfer features post game but you needed 2 DSs to do it. But this is kind of a “seen this; different coat of paint” situation
It took bloody YEARS for all Pokemon to trickle through and it wasn't guaranteed they ever would until it finally did happen.

DS games were done dirty. You need the GBA games to get all Pokemon in Gen 4. In Gen 5, you need Gen 4 to help out.

3DS? Only Gen 7 was done dirty. But the National Dex was actually removed in Gen 7, although you were still able to import non-Alola Dex Pokemon.

Gen 6 was done like 1 and 3 were---you can complete the Pokedex in one gen, heavily implying Pokemon Bank was NOT originally intended.

User Info: ExcaliburOwner

ExcaliburOwner
1 month ago#14
I don't think people would be as upset as they are right now if GF somehow made up for it.

I think even the most diehard of fans knew we wouldn't have all 900+ Pokémon available in every game, but if we still got amazing features to compensate for it, it would all be good.

Instead we get Currydex.
New 3DS FC: 1306 6855 8912
Playing: Bravely Second

User Info: IMONFIREGUY

IMONFIREGUY
1 month ago#15
JT_Diamond posted...
IMONFIREGUY posted...

It took bloody YEARS for all Pokemon to trickle through and it wasn't guaranteed they ever would until it finally did happen.

DS games were done dirty. You need the GBA games to get all Pokemon in Gen 4. In Gen 5, you need Gen 4 to help out.

3DS? Only Gen 7 was done dirty. But the National Dex was actually removed in Gen 7, although you were still able to import non-Alola Dex Pokemon.

Gen 6 was done like 1 and 3 were---you can complete the Pokedex in one gen, heavily implying Pokemon Bank was NOT originally intended.

Don’t get me wrong, I agree that it wasn’t easy (somehow I managed to get a full living dex + bankable forms) just stating that it was possible albeit difficult to transfer for those particular gens
Cloud storage has been a blessing for this current age

User Info: JT_Diamond

JT_Diamond
1 month ago#16
ExcaliburOwner posted...
I don't think people would be as upset as they are right now if GF somehow made up for it.

I think even the most diehard of fans knew we wouldn't have all 900+ Pokémon available in every game, but if we still got amazing features to compensate for it, it would all be good.

Instead we get Currydex.
We would always be annoyed. There was never a reason to expect the Dex and all of our Pokemon we've paid so f***ing much for over the years in imports and Pokemon Bank to keep would suddenly just vanish like this.

The game legit looks worse than RPG Maker shovelware but they tell us we're gutted of 66%+ of the content from US/UM because they wanted to IMPROVE graphics?
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Would there be as much of an uproar if they announced the Dex thing years go?
  • Topic Archived