• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. 3 months to go and we know very few Pokémon

User Info: LittleRoyal

LittleRoyal
1 month ago#1
Is this normal or does it indicate there aren’t many new Pokémon ?
Uh yes, I really am vicious! So do not even try me...
I accept tips!

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
1 month ago#2
Well the last couple generations showed a lot more than this, most of their Dex, so it's entirely possible that we'll have a very small Dex. If you're worried, wait until the games come out before buying them.
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /

User Info: AlfredoJones

AlfredoJones
1 month ago#3
Last gen spoiled almost everything for us before the games even came out, so them holding back could be a sign that they're trying to prevent that from happening again. Of course it's a double edged sword in the it also gives off the impression that there may not be much new content in the game.
You can't fool me, 'cause I'm a moron!
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2960-9608-3596

User Info: Vito219

Vito219
1 month ago#4
last two gens showed the entire dex except for a few. I'd rather discover them myself. if cutting pokemon means we get a new 100+ then I'm down

Check out my Youtube Channel for Pokemon Animation and Analysis: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzshtoclyyQ8wAJ_OVZpaGg

User Info: SeekAndDestroy2

SeekAndDestroy2
1 month ago#5
Last 2 gens had around 70 new mons and almost all of them were shown off. If the trends continue then this gen will have the least amount of new mons yet.
Someday I'm hoping to close my eyes and pretend, that this crumpled up paper can be perfect again.

User Info: soothsayer

soothsayer
1 month ago#6
Admittedly it has me a bit concerned the dex is going to be even smaller than gen 7 and posisbly 6 even. That would be the worst case scenerio.

On the other hand, maybe they learned it's better not spoiling like 90% of the dex before release? That makes too much sense though to be likely lol.

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
1 month ago#7
soothsayer posted...
On the other hand, maybe they learned it's better not spoiling like 90% of the dex before release?

Yeah, I'm personally starting to come around to this line of thinking since we they haven't been cramming the regional gimmicks down our throats even though we know they have more of them to show.
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /

User Info: c0mpu73rguy

c0mpu73rguy
1 month ago#8
I hope they keep some infos, I'd hate being shown the whole game like in 7th gen (which was still a really good gen, suck it gen 7 haters).
It's always too soon until it's too late.

User Info: GoldRathalos

GoldRathalos
1 month ago#9
@c0mpu73rguy posted...
I hope they keep some infos, I'd hate being shown the whole game like in 7th gen (which was still a really good gen, suck it gen 7 haters).

I love all Generations though I love Generation III and Generation I a lot less
3DS Friend Code: 5473 - 1718 - 4427
I have a Midnight Purple Nintendo 3DS and TONS of RPGs

User Info: Desparae

Desparae
1 month ago#10
Either we have a small amount of new pokemon, or (preferably) they learned that it ruins the game for a lot of people when there is hardly anything new to discover. In my ideal world, they only reveal ~30% of new pokemon in a new generation, or maybe 40-50% max. I think lately they have revealed more like 80%+, which is annoying for me personally.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. 3 months to go and we know very few Pokémon
  • Topic Archived