• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Grookey, Scorbunny, and Sobble's National Dex numbers revealed via TCG

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
1 month ago#31
Twinklestar posted...
Andrex_93 posted...

Serebii has them as 808 and 809, but I actually don't know the source behind it, although, knowing Joe, there surely is one (probably trademark or marketing).

Pokemon GO's Pokedex has them listed as 808 and 809.

Rad_Dudesman posted...

But Meltan and Melmetal are Gen 7, not Gen 8, so it's not a Victini situation

Their placement in the Galar Dex is still an issue, regardless of whether they are Gen 7 or Gen 8.

If Meltan and Melmetal are available in the Galar Dex, they can't be #000 since that's only one spot while Meltan and Melmetal are two Pokemon, and Grookey definitely would be #001. Therefore, Melmetal existing means a Victini situation (#000 in regional dex) cannot happen with Meltan.

Ah, right, Go! Thanks; I knew he had to have taken that from somewhere.

Twinklestar posted...
Their placement in the Galar Dex is still an issue, regardless of whether they are Gen 7 or Gen 8.

If Meltan and Melmetal are available in the Galar Dex, they can't be #000 since that's only one spot while Meltan and Melmetal are two Pokemon, and Grookey definitely would be #001. Therefore, Melmetal existing means a Victini situation (#000 in regional dex) cannot happen with Meltan.

Oh, they certainly can't be like Victini, but Regional Dexes don't always have a say on the National Dex: they can very well be late (or placed wherever) in the Galar Dex but still end up before Grookey on the National one. It'd be unusual, but not completely out of this world.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman

User Info: grape_purple

grape_purple
1 month ago#32
Rad_Dudesman posted...
Poison fits with the spy theme and if it was Dragon it wouldn't be weak to Electric either

How does poison fit with a spy theme? And what spy theme? The fact it can turn invisible?

User Info: LittleRoyal

LittleRoyal
1 month ago#33
Whitley posted...
Axews posted...
Nice find there! ^^

Also:
AlphaDrogon posted...
Water/Poison or Water/Dragon HYPEEE

If water/poison what other dual types could there be? Fire/ground or fire/psychic?

I really think Fire/Lightning is possible
Uh yes, I really am vicious! So do not even try me...
I accept tips!

User Info: Dumb-Fumbler

Dumb-Fumbler
1 month ago#34
LittleRoyal posted...
I really think Fire/Lightning is possible
Is that the new type that’s coming along with Sound and Light type?
Icicle Crash + Heat Crash = Waterfall

User Info: Axews

Axews
1 month ago#35
grape_purple posted...
Rad_Dudesman posted...
Poison fits with the spy theme and if it was Dragon it wouldn't be weak to Electric either

How does poison fit with a spy theme? And what spy theme? The fact it can turn invisible?

The spy theme was mentioned in the leak.

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/463209182/
Hella strange.

User Info: Twinklestar

Twinklestar
1 month ago#36
Andrex_93 posted...

Oh, they certainly can't be like Victini, but Regional Dexes don't always have a say on the National Dex: they can very well be late (or placed wherever) in the Galar Dex but still end up before Grookey on the National one. It'd be unusual, but not completely out of this world.

Yeah, that's what I said too earlier, actually :p

In the post that Rad_Dudesman quoted when he mentioned Meltan and Melmetal being Gen 7, which I then replied to.

User Info: grape_purple

grape_purple
1 month ago#37
Axews posted...
The spy theme was mentioned in the leak.

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/463209182/

Oh right

Andrex_93
1 month ago#38
Twinklestar posted...
Andrex_93 posted...

Yeah, that's what I said too earlier, actually :p

In the post that Rad_Dudesman quoted when he mentioned Meltan and Melmetal being Gen 7, which I then replied to.

Yeah, I remember reading that; I'm just saying that technically their placement in the Galar Dex is not an issue as it can be wherever, I think, as it has no bearing on the National Dex (and, actually, I'm curious how we'll get the numbers for the new mons, from now on; probably in the coding), although, yes, obviously they can't be before Grookey.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman

User Info: Axews

Axews
1 month ago#39
Andrex_93 posted...
(and, actually, I'm curious how we'll get the numbers for the new mons, from now on; probably in the coding)

HOME will most likely have a National Dex built-in, so it'll be source for the numbers (if you're asking for national ones)

I just hope Go won't be the last source of this sort of things.
Hella strange.

Andrex_93
1 month ago#40
Axews posted...
Andrex_93 posted...
(and, actually, I'm curious how we'll get the numbers for the new mons, from now on; probably in the coding)

HOME will most likely have a National Dex built-in, so it'll be source for the numbers (if you're asking for national ones)

I just hope Go won't be the last source of this sort of things.

Of course, Home! Right, you'll most certainly correct. I mean, yeah, either way, either through coding or even trademarks, I believe, there will most likely be a way to see the numbers.. But, yeah, the general public will likely be able to see them via Home.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Grookey, Scorbunny, and Sobble's National Dex numbers revealed via TCG
  • Topic Archived