• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. which regional DeX would you use in a tourney

User Info: MalkyeaImbak

MalkyeaImbak
1 week ago#1
topic - Results (36 votes)
gen 1
5.56% (2 votes)
gen 2 (heartgold/soul silver base dex)
8.33% (3 votes)
gen 3 (omega ruby/alpha sapphire base dex)
13.89% (5 votes)
gen 4 (diamond pearl)
13.89% (5 votes)
gen 5 (black/white 1)
19.44% (7 votes)
gen 6 (x/y)
13.89% (5 votes)
gen 7 (alola dex)
25% (9 votes)
You must be registered and logged in to vote in this poll.
this means you can only run pokemon available in that region (prior to get the national DeX which allows you the trade)
X/Y fc 4167 5470 8819 IGN: Malcolm

User Info: roboemperor

roboemperor
1 week ago#2
gen 7 has all the past legendaries so.....

edit: Actually not sure if they're in the "regional dex". So if they're not then it's either gonna be ORAS cause primals and mega ray rules, or alola cause I love Zygarde Complete and Ultra Necrozma.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: DeltaSilver88

DeltaSilver88
4 days ago#3
I automatically went for Gen 5 since Volcarona is my top-third favorite Pokémon, though I could also choose Gen 4 since Torterra is my top-second favorite (and I like Lucario too)...

My top favorite is Mew, but it isn't all that useful due to being mono-type. So no Kanto for me.
...I became a Super Robot Wars fangirl without playing the games. Bite me.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: FuzzyKiwi02

FuzzyKiwi02
4 days ago#4
I would have said BW2's dex, but that isn't an option, for some reason...?
Neither is Platinum, which is so, so much better than DP's.

Probably the Alola Dex then. I guess TC you mean SM, instead of USUM, since you seem to have excluded third versions. SM has great variety to it without being bloated like XY, so I pick Gen 7.
The people that really lack skill are the ones that are too afraid or can't deal with the unknown.

User Info: xyzlactic

xyzlactic
4 days ago#5
I feel Alola would be the best VGC and competitive wise

You have

- The 4 Tapu's
- Original Ultra Beasts
- Incinerorar
- Chansey/Blissey
- Pelipper(Drizzle)
- Ninetales-Alola
- Porygon2/Porygon-Z
- Metagross
- Salamence
- Dragonite
- Garchomp
- Mimikyu

These are just noteworthy ones but there are many good ones in the Alola dex
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xyzlactic

User Info: Leon481

Leon481
4 days ago#6
Hard. XY has the best selection of regular Pokemon and Megas, but hardly any legendaries. ORAS has the top 3 legendaries in the game and some decent sub legends, but misses some important normal Pokemon. USUM has a huge pool of legendaries and a good collection of decent competitive normal Pokemon, but still lacks some key components.

User Info: SOLDIER_Bankai

SOLDIER_Bankai
4 days ago#7
X/Y basically has most of my favorites.

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
4 days ago#8
SM is the VGC meta I know the most and it was quite good, but there still are some too wide power gap for my tastes and, between absurd UBs and Z-Moves, I'll gladly take one of the pre-Gen 6 ones.

Heck, I remember an event that ran on DP's meta (or maybe it was Pt, technically?), and that was incredible, from what I saw, so I'm gonna pick that one. BW would also be pretty good, I think.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman

User Info: ChibiDragon

ChibiDragon
4 days ago#9
X/Y for me.

Alola would be a close second.
Blessed be the wicked,
for at least they're managing to have some fun.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. which regional DeX would you use in a tourney
  • Post New Message