• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Which of the main games had the best post game? *potential spoilers*

User Info: Twinklestar

Twinklestar
4 days ago#11
Gen 2's postgame is big, but extremely lacking in content or substance.

The Kanto in Gen 2 is a severely watered down version, with Gym Leader battles being pretty much the only big thing.

People who said it was the best only see "SECOND REGION" without seeing the little details such as what the second region actually offer inside it.

Heck, Sevii Island in FR/LG actually offered more than Kanto in G/S/C in terms of content.
Johto content-wise. ORAS storyline-wise

User Info: GammaDelta

GammaDelta
4 days ago#13
The Kanto one visits after beating the E4 in GSC and HGSS has always felt empty to me. And since it's a region I already knew beforehand, there isn't much to discover either, which makes exploring the region have less meaning, to me.

For me, B2W2 have hands down the best post-game in the main series.
Mes propos reposent sur des annees de recherche.

User Info: Malnourished

Malnourished
4 days ago#14
Anyone not saying revisiting Kanto is the best post-game content is out of their god damn minds. You get to revisit an ENTIRE REGION, fight all the old gym battles, see how things have changed since the last game, and fight the protagonist of the last game. The only reason you'd pick anything else is blind fanboyism to your favourite game.
One more time, with feeling!

User Info: c0mpu73rguy

c0mpu73rguy
3 days ago#15
Gen 2 if you count HGSS, Gen 5 by itself (maybe its remake will be even better if there is one).
It's always too soon until it's too late.

User Info: EmmyGemstar

EmmyGemstar
3 days ago#16
> Gen 5 is beating gen 4 in this of all polls

Delete this entire website.

I don't understand if the poll is grouping HGSS with gen 4, but 4 (and 2 and 3 and ORAS for that matter) beats the pulp out of 5 in this regard anyway. If gen 4 includes HGSS, then it's very obvious what the only real choice is. If HGSS is included with gen 2... that's still true, honestly, HGSS' postgame is that good and that clearly the peak, and GSC's honestly still were some of the best, and I actually wouldn't scoff at someone saying it was better postgame than its successors in gen 3. It helps a lot that Johto is really a fantastic region, it honestly feels to me like I can do some little thing or find some items in fun spots in just about every map. And Johto always had more daily activities than any other region, as small as some are, that's a little thing I miss very much. Gen 3 has Emerald's frontier, some cool maps, a couple of cool legends, and cool ribbons, but the postgame feels like it cut a few corners compared to 2 or 4 for me, and without Emerald and its Frontier would be an obvious dip. I just feel it could be better, that's all, maybe it's the lack of postgame-exclusive routes (other than Sevii Islands if they're relevant here which, while cute, feel tiny and undercooked). 5 and 7 both have garbage postgame (regardless of version. B2W2's sucks very much) and XY has a couple things but still... bleh.
(except not really)
(edited 3 days ago)
Platinum easily.
Top 5 FF games: IX, XIV, IV, XII, VII

User Info: Thunder_Armor

Thunder_Armor
3 days ago#18
HGSS. Didn’t know to vote Gen 2 or 4.
I should go.
Thunder_Armor posted...
HGSS. Didn’t know to vote Gen 2 or 4.

HGSS are gen 4 games.
Top 5 FF games: IX, XIV, IV, XII, VII

User Info: Thunder_Armor

Thunder_Armor
3 days ago#20
Legendary_Musas posted...
HGSS are gen 4 games.

I know. It didn’t seem to be in the spirit of the poll, though.
I should go.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Which of the main games had the best post game? *potential spoilers*
  • Post New Message