• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. YR: Game Freak starts adding wild starters

User Info: deathguise950

deathguise950
1 month ago#11
That would be cool.
I imagine it being an island like Mirage Island (I think that's what it's called) from Emerald where its just a basic island with some grass and you run around and encounter the starters randomly.
Although I would hope it has a better chance of appearing than Mirage Island.
https://i.imgtc.ws/gFdcwqs.jpg
Miss you bud

User Info: Whitley

Whitley
1 month ago#12
So not talking about the first pokemon being one you have to catch?

Say game gives you 5 balls to catch your fave then prof gives you one of the ratata/pidgey equivalent from that region.

User Info: Leon481

Leon481
1 month ago#13
As long as it's post-game. I like my starter feeling kind of special for my playthrough. As far as I'm concerned though, nothing is off limits in the post-game, so it works for me. Kalos did something similar with Shauna breeding her starter for you and that worked fine.

User Info: Brooks3000

Brooks3000
1 month ago#14
Wild starters from previous generations should have happened a long time ago. I don't know why gamefreak insist on making them gift or event pokemon. Hopefully Sword/Shield will have a few starters in the Wild Area
Mistake free since 1996

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
1 month ago#15
Sounds great
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /

User Info: TigerTycoon

TigerTycoon
1 month ago#16
Pokemon availability being gated behind some nonsense is stupid in the first place.
YOU COULDN'T AFFORD IT!

User Info: chicksan

chicksan
1 month ago#17
That would be nice having starter of previous regions in the wild but they should be really rare
Sorry for my bad english
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. YR: Game Freak starts adding wild starters
  • Topic Archived