• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Most boring pokemon designs
Crudelitas posted...
kirbserker posted...
Have you seen both Red pidgeys? Like, that's a drawn bird. That's what I'd expect in a high school art class (not as an insult). Like, later Pidgeys (maybe even as soon as Yellow) actually look like anime bird.

Oh, you mean the og sprite looked like a literal bird? Yeah, I can see that.

GallantChaddymn posted...
Noctowl is actually one of my faves. It's interesting enough with its clock theme that I cant realy call it boring.

I don't see the clock theme in Noctowl tbh. I can see its beta version resembling some kind of egg timer, but I'm lost on the final design.

I always thought its overall meant to resemble a grandfather clock personally.
"Sony's not a Japanese company anymore just America's dog."
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9212646.html

User Info: Crudelitas

Crudelitas
2 weeks ago#32
Crudelitas posted...
kirbserker posted...
Have you seen both Red pidgeys? Like, that's a drawn bird. That's what I'd expect in a high school art class (not as an insult). Like, later Pidgeys (maybe even as soon as Yellow) actually look like anime bird.

Oh, you mean the og sprite looked like a literal bird? Yeah, I can see that.

Noctowl is actually one of my faves. It's interesting enough with its clock theme that I cant realy call it boring.

I don't see the clock theme in Noctowl tbh. I can see its beta version resembling some kind of egg timer, but I'm lost on the final design.

I always thought its overall meant to resemble a grandfather clock personally.

That's what I figured, but I don't see a resemblence. Both are brown, but besides that?

I guess the belly, framed by the dark brown wings, vaguely resembles the tower of a clock.
There is no path to git gud, for gitin' gud is the path.

User Info: Revenant_Sith

Revenant_Sith
2 weeks ago#33
Ditto.

its a blob
Crudelitas posted...
That's what I figured, but I don't see a resemblence. Both are brown, but besides that?

I guess the belly, framed by the dark brown wings, vaguely resembles the tower of a clock.

Its round head is also the face, with the ridges of its eyes being the smaller clocks inside the face/the holes where you would see the gears , its eyebrows being the crest and the markings on its belly being the dangly things inside the clock.

I admit the design isnt isnt shouting you in the face telling u what it's doing, but I think its apparant enough what it is going for.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: green dragon

green dragon
2 weeks ago#35
It's really just me that doesn't like klefki?
green dragon posted...
It's really just me that doesn't like klefki?

Fairy that steals keys? I dont see how you can describe it as "boring" regardless of your opinion of the design.
Revenant_Sith posted...
Ditto.

its a blob

This is a very disjonestvtake on the Pokemon.

It makes great amount of sense for a pokemon whose gimmick is to change shape to be a very simple looking slab of jello. It invokes the feeling of silly puddy or a creature whoms anatomical structure was scrambled.

User Info: Crudelitas

Crudelitas
2 weeks ago#38
Crudelitas posted...

Its round head is also the face, with the ridges of its eyes being the smaller clocks inside the face/the holes where you would see the gears , its eyebrows being the crest and the markings on its belly being the dangly things inside the clock.

I admit the design isnt isnt shouting you in the face telling u what it's doing, but I think its apparant enough what it is going for.

That's an understatement, lol. The only reason I'm not dismissing the idea is, that Hoothoot is so obviously based on a clock.

I kinda wish Noctowl looked more like the beta version.
There is no path to git gud, for gitin' gud is the path.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: soothsayer

soothsayer
2 weeks ago#39
Crudelitas posted...

As someone who's been playing these games for 2 decades and plays pretty close atttention to pokemons' visual details this I never caught on to. Idk I see it now that you explained it kinda but it's done too subtly to where I feel GF failed to convey it the idea properly.
@GenericGuy posted...
StewieGriffin23 posted...
Gen 3 has some hideous designs

Imagine having taste this crap.

Exploud? Slaking? Loudred? Cacturne? Glalie?
You make a troll post? I'll report it.
3DS FC: 1435-9440-5728
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Most boring pokemon designs
  • Post New Message