• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Most boring pokemon designs

User Info: AjidoMarujido

AjidoMarujido
2 weeks ago#11
Seel, Krabby, Wooloo, several birds, and several fish.

Basically anything that's just a regular animal.
[[Currently Playing]] - Oninaki (PS4), Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch)
[[PSN - MilesEdgeworth]] ~~ [[Switch - 5798.9459.4957]]

User Info: kirbserker

kirbserker
2 weeks ago#12
Tauros. Not even a bad design, but I just see an anime bull. First gen is full of boring designs, though. Specifically early Pidgey is also just a bird (like, not even anime bird, just bird).
Paper is overpowered, but scissors is fine.
-Rock (RenamonFOX)

User Info: Tutankoopa

Tutankoopa
2 weeks ago#13
Unown - All of their forms are basically a single eye inside of a black circle with different appendages to represent letters of the alphabet. I remember how annoying it was keeping track of which ones I caught and which ones I was missing in G/S/C. I'm sure Game Freak spent many sleepless nights coming up with their designs.

Tangrowth - I like Tangrowth, but the design is pretty lame and uncreative. It's basically a more overgrown version of Tangela with arms. I know there's not much to work with Tangela's design, but there were other evolutions like Magnezone that took a simple design and changed it into something creative.

Wingull - I just want to fall asleep everytime I encounter one of these things. Plus, already we had a couple of Water/Flying types like Mantine and Gyarados before this region. I don't think we needed another Water/Flying typing so soon. And it feels like they're on every single route in Alola and Hoenn.

Stantler - I always forget these things exists. There's nothing that stands out about this Pokemon either. Where can you even catch these in the wild? I don't ever recall seeing it even on an NPC's team.

There are a handful of Normal-types that I find to have boring designs. I do like how the later generations try to give more dual typings to Normal-types.
Baltimore Orioles: 3-0 | Baltimore Ravens: 8-8
Why Not? 2012 | 2014
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows
2 weeks ago#14
Ducklett, hands down. It’s literally just a blue duck. I’m convinced this is objectively the most bland design in all of Pokémon.
Shadow Temple...
Here is gathered Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred... - Shadow Temple Walls

User Info: eimajamie

eimajamie
2 weeks ago#15
Sawk and its counterpart.
PSN: jammyD90
Switch FC: SW-5335-2709-7984

User Info: Rorrrr

Rorrrr
2 weeks ago#16
Geodude.
I am completely neutral on it. Other Pokémon make me feel something towards them, Volcarano is cool, Stantler needs to be executed, but Geodude?
Nothing.
Sans Earthbound, Ness Undertale, Geno Earthbound, Hatred Mario, Nightmario Luigi.
Ebic style, it's gamer time. Anyway I choose E. Despacito Spider.

User Info: soothsayer

soothsayer
2 weeks ago#17
Barboach.

It's barboach, and it will always be barboach.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Desparae

Desparae
2 weeks ago#18
I really don’t care for Glaceon or Leafeon for some reason. I like the rest of the Eeveelutions but those feel bland and uninspired to me

User Info: soothsayer

soothsayer
2 weeks ago#19
Iced_Shadows posted...
Ducklett, hands down. It’s literally just a blue duck. I’m convinced this is objectively the most bland design in all of Pokémon.

Krabby?

User Info: Crudelitas

Crudelitas
2 weeks ago#20
Noctowl

Idk how this topic was around for an entire day without anyone mentioning Noctowl. Was it so boring, that you all forgot about it?

Nobody mentioned Persian either.

kirbserker posted...
Pidgey is also just a bird (like, not even anime bird, just bird).

Pidgey is definitely a cartoon bird. lol
It's a boring cartoon bird, but still a cartoon.
There is no path to git gud, for gitin' gud is the path.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Most boring pokemon designs
  • Post New Message