• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Femine starters need to stop

User Info: Gurl_du_Voir

Gurl_du_Voir
3 weeks ago#111
Primarina is decent, at least better than half of the other Water type starters. Brionne looks bad, though.

User Info: RainingMetal

RainingMetal
3 weeks ago#112
Of course they'd give the ugliest starter the biggest movepool.
Waifu fanboys need a life(u).
Switch FC: 6419-5458-5297

User Info: FuzzyKiwi02

FuzzyKiwi02
3 weeks ago#113
I'm amazed the contents of the thread managed to persist for so long, on a message board such as this one.

In any case, I haven't got any issue with Pokemon going for more masculine or feminine traits (as long as it doesn't go off the deep end), but I'd like to see fewer starters that are so human-like. No real issue with it, but it just feels like low hanging fruit, sometimes.
The people that really lack skill are the ones that are too afraid or can't deal with the unknown.
@Padraigo52 posted...
@Gurl_du_Voir posted...
Femine?

Yeh, these guys are using non-gender neutral pro-nouns. I have already contacted the thought police, and hopefully they will undergo sensitivity re-education.

I'm pretty sure he was concerned that TC spelled "feminine" wrong.
Official Wooloo shepherd of the Pokemon Sword and Shield boards
3DS FC: 1435-9440-5728

User Info: KawaiiTakumi

KawaiiTakumi
2 weeks ago#115
Gurl_du_Voir posted...
Primarina is decent, at least better than half of the other Water type starters.

Not in designūü§Ę
Fire Emblem fan and fudanshi. OTP is ChromXMaleRobin :3
3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118, Switch friend code is SW-6645-6409-9976, Feh id 3660012766
Defaze posted...
Imagine being this fragile.
Will wait for the day Captain Syrup is playable in the Mario Universe!
imagine bumping a week old topic just to quote somebody
eyy b0ss

User Info: jw91

jw91
1 week ago#118
Delphox is fine; as people have said, it just looks like a robed mage and could be either gender. Primarina is definitely more of an issue.

Really, Pokemon shouldn't be so human-like. It's the same issue with Machamp.

It used to be Digimon that used odd, individualized accessories in their designs. Now Pokemon is doing it too. Primarina looks like she got a full fashion makeover, pearls and all.

It's not always necessarily an issue of gender though. It's the same with Scorbunny's little band-aid... what are the chances that ALL Scorbunnies everywhere would have that?
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Crudelitas

Crudelitas
1 week ago#119
There are a couple of things I don't get.

How are individual accessories or attire is an issue, let alone a recent one?

Why shouldn't pkmn be human like?

Why are obviously feminine pkmn viewed as more problematic, than obviously masculine ones?

All of this stuff has been around since gen1. It didn't get shoe-horned in later, this was all part of the original experience.

Primarina is basically Jynx as a seal. Incineroar is basically Machoke as a tiger. How is this an issue now, after 20 years?
There is no path to git gud, for gitin' gud is the path.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: TI_Four

TI_Four
1 week ago#120
roboemperor posted...
GenericGuy posted...
If it looks feminine, I don't want it to be f***ing male and vice versa. I'm surprised so many people are okay with this.

Well, the LGBT community is big in the u.s.

This has nothing to do with the LGBT community. I have met plenty of straight males that practically cough up a purse whenever they speak.

This has everything to do with simpleminded people who think appearance and behavior should align to some sort of mold.
I work in advertising. A video game is a product. A product's target audience will be customers who are predicted to spend the most money on the product.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Femine starters need to stop
  • Post New Message