You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Why are people saying the Moss Rock and Ice Rock limit the developers?

User Info: NeoArashi

NeoArashi
1 week ago#81
I never thought about it, but yeah, every gen has a forest or a meadow, and all but gen 1 has an icy area.

And we canaready see Gamar has a forest and an icy area. Getting a moss and icy rock should be easy to put.
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/

User Info: Crudelitas

Crudelitas
1 week ago#82
NeoArashi posted...
all but gen 1 has an icy area.

The Seafoam Islands are supposed to be cold iirc.
There is no path to git gud, for gitin' gud is the path.

User Info: NeoArashi

NeoArashi
1 week ago#83
Crudelitas posted...
NeoArashi posted...

Not sure it was mentioned in game, and in the anime, they were definitely tropical islands.
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/

User Info: PrimalElz

PrimalElz
1 week ago#84
If they're gone then so be it but there's no way in hell I'm accepting developer limitations as an excuse. It's so stupid.
I love Monster Hunter so much that I made a Gameplay Music Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxRnI9yrzlo

User Info: Crudelitas

Crudelitas
1 week ago#85
NeoArashi posted...
Crudelitas posted...
NeoArashi posted...

Not sure it was mentioned in game, and in the anime, they were definitely tropical islands.

Idk, I think every wild Ice pkmn lived there in gen1 (including Articuno). FRLG, HGSS and LeGo depict them in a chilly, grey/white-ish colour scheme, I think LeGo even filled the caverns with an icy mist. HGSS had snowboarders and skiers there as trainers, iirc.

The islands on the surface might be warm, but I think the caverns are supposed to be cold.
There is no path to git gud, for gitin' gud is the path.

User Info: c0mpu73rguy

c0mpu73rguy
1 week ago#86
NeoArashi posted...
I never thought about it, but yeah, every gen has a forest or a meadow, and all but gen 1 has an icy area.

What about Seafoam Island, with Articuno there, this place must be quite cold.
It's always too soon until it's too late.

User Info: pokemega32

pokemega32
1 week ago#87
LordDiscord posted...
Stuff

I still don't understand your logic one bit.

How is the first stage of an evolutionary line having multiple forms "confusing"?

How is it any more confusing than later stages looking different?
3DS FC: 0473-7780-2611 (IGN: Sol in Sun; Elio in US; Rivaille in X; Brendan in AS)
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: LordDiscord

LordDiscord
1 week ago#88
pokemega32 posted...
LordDiscord posted...
Stuff

I still don't understand your logic one bit.

How is the first stage of an evolutionary line having multiple forms "confusing"?

How is it any more confusing than later stages looking different?

Lets use Wurmple as an example, it can either evolve into Cascoon or Silcoon and depend on which one it evolves into, it can either evolve into Beautifly or Dustox. You understand this, but you can also look at either dustox or beautifly and state they evolve from Wurmple, but when you have multiple designed Wurmple, then the question is, which Wurmple then did it evolve from. That would be the issue with Nidoran, most would not understand why they can't find a female male nidoran and evolve it into a Nidoqueen, many would not be looking for a blue Nidoran. Its not only about the confusion but its also about consistency and its about keeping things tidy, why would you add a different gender for the base form, it clumps everything up and adds to the problem as well? Now you have a pokemon, that technically is a 6 stage pokemon because it has two forms for each stage, it then goes to question, why not just make those alternate forms their own line. I am more than positive this was Game Freaks thinking when they made the pokemon. That coupled with the fact that at the time since there were no genders in the first games, they needed some way to explain that one was a male and one was a female without the ability to have the male or female symbol next to the. So this is why it was split.
What fun is there in making sense?
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Axews

Axews
1 week ago#89
LordDiscord posted...
That coupled with the fact that at the time sense their were not genders in the first games, they needed some way to explain that one was a male and one was a female without the ability to have the male or female symbol next to the. So this is why it was split.

I agree with that. Then, there weren't any plans of getting rid of the dex, so they kept them separate just to keep the order, despite implementing genders in gen 2.
Hella strange.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: LordDiscord

LordDiscord
1 week ago#90
Axews posted...
LordDiscord posted...
That coupled with the fact that at the time sense their were not genders in the first games, they needed some way to explain that one was a male and one was a female without the ability to have the male or female symbol next to the. So this is why it was split.

I agree with that. Then, there weren't any plans of getting rid of the dex, so they kept them separate just to keep the order, despite implementing genders in gen 2.

Correct.
What fun is there in making sense?
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Why are people saying the Moss Rock and Ice Rock limit the developers?