• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Buy a switch now....or wait for the new switch coming soon?

User Info: RoXasx13

RoXasx13
3 months ago#1
I have been wanting a switch, for the longest time. I honestly wanted it for the handheld portability. I would never use the actual console.

However, games I want are coming out. Is it better to find a sale now? Or wait for the new version releasing soon?

User Info: supermichael11

supermichael11
3 months ago#2
If your main aspect of the Switch is to play portable, then I recommend to wait for the new Switch. Whether you choose the New Switch with better battery or Switch Lite that is up to you.

The wait is only now about 1 month or 2 months depending in what country you are from. If you waited 2 years to get the console, a few months is nothing compared.
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/88/ dragon ball forum
http://midnighttavern.forumotion.com/ Must be over 18 years old to join.

User Info: Dumb-Fumbler

Dumb-Fumbler
3 months ago#3
Wait
Lately I've been coming home, crawling up into a ball and staring at the ceiling for an hour. Then I sleep.

User Info: gamerprince1999

gamerprince1999
3 months ago#4
I say get one now. Even if you care more for portability, the normal Switch just has way more features (even outside of just docked mode). I really don't think the Lite is worth getting at all tbh. Normal Switch can do everything it does and more while having a bigger screen.

Btw, Nintendo will soon start selling normal Switch's with a longer battery life later this year so that's something you could consider as well.

User Info: RoXasx13

RoXasx13
3 months ago#5
gamerprince1999 posted...
I say get one now. Even if you care more for portability, the normal Switch just has way more features (even outside of just docked mode). I really don't think the Lite is worth getting at all tbh. Normal Switch can do everything it does and more while having a bigger screen.

Btw, Nintendo will soon start selling normal Switch's with a longer battery life later this year so that's something you could consider as well.

Ok, but you seem to be missing my point. I don't have a switch. So the lite is perfect, as it can play all the games anyway.

My main console is an X1....so a full switch wouldn't even get the attention....

Also BL3 releases in Sept., that game will be taking a LOT of my free time.

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
3 months ago#6
Definitely wait.
Might as well get the better battery life and power efficiency.

For portable only, if you never plan on doing splitscreen/ couch co-op then go for the lite.
PC | PS4 | Vita | PS3 | PSP | PS2 | PS1 | NS | Wii U | 3DS | Wii | DS | GCN + GBP | GBA | GBC | SNES | GB | NES | 360 | Xbox One

User Info: PkmTrainerAbram

PkmTrainerAbram
3 months ago#7
RoXasx13 posted...
gamerprince1999 posted...

Ok, but you seem to be missing my point. I don't have a switch. So the lite is perfect, as it can play all the games anyway.

My main console is an X1....so a full switch wouldn't even get the attention....

Also BL3 releases in Sept., that game will be taking a LOT of my free time.

Not true.

https://www.newsweek.com/nintendo-switch-lite-compatible-games-handheld-only-1448603

But to be honest, the joycons suck and you'd be better off getting a Bluetooth enabled controller asap. The joysticks are badly made and it's a common problem that they won't even last one year.

For that reason alone I'd hold off on buying a lite immediately, because if those controls are made as flimsily as the joycons, the system will be unplayable until you can get it repaired.
3DS Friend Code:0044 4173 2062
IGN: Is Abram/Abe.....Friend Safari: Steel - Klang/Magneton/Klefki Gen 6 TSV: 1607 GEN 7 TSV: 3556
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Buy a switch now....or wait for the new switch coming soon?
  • Topic Archived