• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. How were you guys not mad during xy

User Info: aliadnan37

aliadnan37
4 weeks ago#1
The game would go 15 fps in double battles. Smash could handle 4 mons battling and moving. Xy and oras couldnt handle 4 pokemon standing around.

The animations were garbage back then too

Now you guys are mad? If you criticized them back then, they wouldve never been comfortable enough to serve us this garbage
Delicious - roymustang1990 while looking at kairis underwear. A 16yo cartoon character

User Info: DaDrkKnight

DaDrkKnight
4 weeks ago#2
X and Y is garbage, I agree. So was Sun and Moon.
I'm going to hee-ho down your neck.
I'm kidding. Maybe.

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
4 weeks ago#3
aliadnan37 posted...
Now you guys are mad? If you criticized them back then, they wouldve never been comfortable enough to serve us this garbage

XY were heavily criticized in this community
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /

User Info: salamence_pkmn

salamence_pkmn
4 weeks ago#4
Hm I see what you mean but there wasn't anything too controversial regarding those games to be mad at back then.
Currently Playing: Muse Dash (PC)
Looking Forward To: Halo MCC (PC) and FE:Three Houses (Switch)

DaDrkKnight
4 weeks ago#5
salamence_pkmn posted...
Hm I see what you mean but there wasn't anything too controversial regarding those games to be mad at back then.

This, they just sucked
I'm kidding. Maybe.

User Info: aliadnan37

aliadnan37
4 weeks ago#6
DaDrkKnight posted...
salamence_pkmn posted...

This, they just sucked

The game not running properly was not controversial?
Id rather they take out 100 mons i will never care about then every battle in the game chugging horrendously.
The double battles with the lads had us sitting there in awe how crappy it ran
Delicious - roymustang1990 while looking at kairis underwear. A 16yo cartoon character

DaDrkKnight
4 weeks ago#7
aliadnan37 posted...
DaDrkKnight posted...
salamence_pkmn posted...

This, they just sucked

Id rather they take out 100 mons i will never care about then every battle in the game chugging horrendously.

Not exactly. The controversy the games had were the Lumiose city bug which deleted your save, but they patched it. The framerate was pretty bad though during battles, I agree but still playable(forshadowing that GF can't handle 3D modeling and animation lol?)

Honestly, the hate is more or less how unambitious the games were. They did the essentials that made Pokemon games what they are, but features from previous games were missing, aside from megas and amie there was no worthy gimmicks, Lysandere is probably the worst antagonist, and the games were very easy.
Overall enjoyment can be had, but all it'll make one think is " S/R and platinum is better" or "B/w and Black and white 2 are better"
I'm kidding. Maybe.

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
4 weeks ago#8
What are you talking about? B/W, X/Y, and Sun/Moon were all divisive.

The one thing X/Y had in its favor is that it followed up B/W. So it couldn't possibly be considered anything other than an improvement. Cotton candy pokémon? Dumb, but we just had ice cream pokémon.....

Lysandere is probably the worst antagonist

Ghetsis. Your argument is invalid.
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus

User Info: Luigi player

Luigi player
4 weeks ago#9
Triple Battles was still the most fun format to play for me either way.

Gen 7 removed it which is much worse than lag. And doubles lags as much as triples did, lol, maybe even more..

XY was kinda short and easy, but it was still a nice experience overall. They were the best of the last new games (= SM was worse) for me, even though they did have some problems.
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/

User Info: fatalberty1

fatalberty1
4 weeks ago#10
aliadnan37 posted...
DaDrkKnight posted...
salamence_pkmn posted...

This, they just sucked

Funny thing was they could remove another 600 mons but that wouldn't have fixed it. Its how they coded it, which was poorly. So this argument is invalid.
. IGN: Adano3DS FC:3067-7126-6349 My FF:VII video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCjCqE945AU" Men not cry for themselves, but for their comrades."
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. How were you guys not mad during xy
  • Topic Archived