• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. List of improvements already made possible due to Dex cut

User Info: itis41269

itis41269
3 months ago#51
More space in the computer to store
"Destiny by sinner sought , Tragedy by power wrought "-M'booby
PSN:whatitis4u/friend code:0834-1025-1958/GT:XwhatitisX

User Info: shinyspheal

shinyspheal
3 months ago#52
Hmmmm... serve as a wake-up call to GF if the game sells poorly?
3DS FC: 3711-7972-2938

User Info: CardTamer

CardTamer
3 months ago#53
Lum_Yatsura posted...
Trickster-0 posted...
Factually wrong.

Factually, improving the graphics takes time for each individual Pokemon that is improved.

Except we've not seen any improvements to any Pokémon's animation.
"Sometimes crazy works." -Optimus Primal

User Info: hellzyaaahhhhhh

hellzyaaahhhhhh
3 months ago#54
@ss21vegito posted...
Lets build this list together!

nothing....

just space for their new gimmick to have unique pixel sprites

when you could easily made pokemon bigger by using a magnafication trick and putting it in background of trainer...
final fantasy 7 remake wont be supporting(getting free copy tho...of the 330$ value one...)sits at change my mind desk
thx square enix... i guess lol

User Info: Lum_Yatsura

Lum_Yatsura
3 months ago#55
CardTamer posted...
Lum_Yatsura posted...
Trickster-0 posted...
Factually wrong.

Factually, improving the graphics takes time for each individual Pokemon that is improved.

Except we've not seen any improvements to any Pokémon's animation.

That's my point. It's a potential improvement less Pokemon makes easier.
Doesn't mean they're actually doing so.
Shouting "what did you do that for?" at a stationary bucket of water.

User Info: JDavidC

JDavidC
3 months ago#56
Evilhero1 posted...
I'm sorry, but I'm getting really sick of arm chair developers telling everyone "it's shouldn't be that hard to do X.".

As a programmer who HAS a bit of experience in game development, I have this to say:

They already have models and animations from as far back as X and Y that are being used in SwSh, and I believe they already successfully re-tweaked them to work in Sun and Moon as well. Given this information, they should have reusable code already there ready to be used (writing reusable code that can be carried forward into other projects is one of the fundamentals of good programming practice for those not familiar with programming), with some tweaking. It would seem that Game Freak have already been doing future-proofing for carrying forward Pokemon regarding this type of good programming practice, but then they say they're going to Thanos-snap some of the pokedex? No, I'm not buying it. There's something very wrong here.

When it comes to their teams, they seem to have two teams totalling 150 people. Given the profitability of the Pokemon franchise, and the fact that Game Freak want to branch out into other things (which in itself is a good thing, as long as it doesn't hurt major projects that have big stakes regarding customer satisfaction and profit, like Pokemon), they should be growing their business (i.e. hiring more devs) so they can both meet the demands of high-stakes products like Pokemon, and to branch out into other games.

However, there is a big problem with how they're prioritising things: https://www.usgamer.net/articles/game-freak-gear-project-pokemon-sword-shield

They have two teams, and although those teams work together and rotate developers, their main focus is *NOT* on the big money-maker, Pokemon, but on an original project. Combine this information with the fact that a lot of stuff is being cut out of SwSh and I can see why many people, including me, find this unacceptable. As a developer, I'd want to focus on the big priority, the product with a *HUGE* brand identity, Pokemon! Other projects can wait, especially with a deadline looming for Pokemon, and especially as Pokemon SwSh are the first release of a new generation on a home console. Chances are, a lot of the senior devs are on the team NOT working on pokemon, and they'd already have experience working on the Pokemon codebase! It beggars belief that Game Freak would be so lackadaiscal regarding their hit franchise.

All Game Freak have to do is code animations for battles, and Pokemon Refresh/Amie whatever, and be done with that, and keep those core elements in every game. Other stuff could have just certain pokemon, but at least every pokemon could be brought in for battling, breeding, and having quality time with Pokemon Refresh because the animation work with existing Pokemon has already been done! Yes, there may be quite a bit of tweaking and other issues, and I am fully aware that programming can often take a lot longer than expected, but still, with 20 years of experience, they should be able to handle this sort of thing.

Furthermore, regarding the quality of their devs, I was blown away by White 2, e.g. levelling content that went all the way up to 100 instead of nonsense like farming Pokemon league, Pokemon World Tournament etc. Game Freak seem to like introducing great stuff and remove it, over and over and over, but now they've decided to go as far as Thanos-snapping the Pokedex, and I've had enough. I've posted a very long letter to Nintendo effectively calling Game Freak out on this nonsense.

TL:DR Game Freak should already have a good code base, as it's basic programming practice to write reusable code, and their excuses for not being able to include pokemon are rubbish, given the competence of their devs as seen in White 2. They seem to have the problem of including good stuff, then take it away, only now they're doing it with Pokemon.
3DS FC: 3093-7112-3992

User Info: JDavidC

JDavidC
3 months ago#57
List of improvements so far:
3DS FC: 3093-7112-3992

User Info: Ku-Ri-Boh

Ku-Ri-Boh
3 months ago#58
neji721 posted...
Whatever happened to being in love with sword and shield? They cut a few pokemon and suddenly people have to try and bring the game down and nitpick issues that no one cared about.

Who loved swsh

As baha said

No real clue game's not out yet

Nobody loved something they knew nothing of. And now people hate on the 1 thing they already know.

Are you educated now @neji721
I know what your name stands for dude. SexyDragonTidal. You furries... or whatever you guys call yourself... you guys make me sick and have made me afraid to se

User Info: -Unowninator-

-Unowninator-
3 months ago#59
Hop103 posted...
There are no improvements from cutting Pokemon.
''25 posts in and no one has addressed the orignal question. Also, I'm continuing that streak :P'' ~ Lord_Zenki
Join the unknown: http://goo.gl/S75cmn

User Info: neji721

neji721
3 months ago#60
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...
neji721 posted...
Whatever happened to being in love with sword and shield? They cut a few pokemon and suddenly people have to try and bring the game down and nitpick issues that no one cared about.

Who loved swsh

As baha said

No real clue game's not out yet

Nobody loved something they knew nothing of. And now people hate on the 1 thing they already know.

Are you educated now @neji721

It is called hype. Everyone was hyped claiming it was the pokemon game they dreamed of. It was nothing but excitement. No one nitpicked if the wings were the same animation of a previous game. No one cared until.....
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. List of improvements already made possible due to Dex cut
  • Topic Archived